Is this Nutes, Ph, or Chemical? Please reply those with experience.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

accid

Good Morning all,

I am new to growing, I have 2 plants growing, they are about 2.5-3 weeks old. I am using fox farms ocean forest soil. I have not added any nutrients yet. I recently switched from tap water which was 8.5 ph to distilled water which says 7.0. I actually just switched 2 days ago.

I planted these seeds in Miracle grow soil, it was inside a tiny jiffy starter 'cup'. I transplanted after about a week into a 6.5 inch pot with FFOF. currently using CFL (i have enough lumens and the plant is not to close to the lights it is 6 inches away). Now that you have a background of what is going on I will ask a few questions.

Firstly, here is a photo of the problem I am having.

Since i have not added nutrients, I am guessing it is a ph problem? Assuming it is, I started using distilled water 2 days ago, if i continue using distilled water will the soil ph level rise to its normal level or do I have to do a complete flush? I have not tested the soils ph level because i do not have a device to do so. What should I do in this situation?

A few other questions I have:

I read that FF soil has enough nutes for the first 30 days of veg. Yet when i read FF nute scheduler, it says start giving nutes at week 3. Again, I rather give less nutes than over doing it. What do you guys recommend?

Thanks.

week 309.JPG

week 318.JPG

dont take my word for it but I am going to say that is a result of the ph being too high. I would flush with 6.5 water.

Hey accid welcome to the forum , firstly i have the same problem , and i solved it , the thing is about your PH not in the right level .
when you water with your tap water did you check the rinse of ph from the bucket ? thats the way you can identify the soil PH ,
if you water with a 8.5 PH and the rinse off from the bucket under comes out 6.5 that means your soil is altering it but after you tried with a 6.5 watering what was the flush ? was it anywere under 6 ? if so then dont water it with 6.5 until later on.... and for the mistake i have done , i thought about growing more , my mistake is always the soil , and PH , so my next grow i will fill up soil in a bucket and have running water for 1 hour and then make a couple more extreme flushes so i know my later soil alteration process when acidity or salt from the soil disolves or gets weak . i have a problem now because every plant i grow have a diffrent spec from this situation so i have it written down on paper lol so i know which to water a 6.5 and which to water a 7 and which to water 7.3
i hope my point is clear.
nutes wont work good with a bad ph level , and im in a sensitive phase , i hope i can succeed :)

Actually your plant looks pretty healthy. That leaf almost looks like it was pinched against the pot and bruised while picking it up maybe? Is it possible that leaf tip got a little buried in the soil during watering at some point? Sounds like you are heading in the right direction with water/nutes. If anything slow down on the water and I would just snip off that tip just in case and watch that it doesn't spread. The FF should treat your lil' plants just fine. You will notice them turning a slightly lighter green when they want to be fed, usually in the bottom leaves.

I know this is a little late response, but I have the SAME problem with MG soil. I have four girls in MG and four in FF. Two of the MG girls show that same problem in your second picture, the PH comes out at 6.4, so I know it's not the pH. Did you find a solution?

I believe that it is nute burn. MG soil has nutrients in it that are released every time you water. Seedlings should not have any nutes at all until they are 2-3 weeks old. In addition, if you were giving your girls tap water with a high ppm, you were, in effect, feeding them (however, you do not know what you were feeding them). I would recommend that you get your lights closer--you want them as close as you can get them, especially fluoros. You should be able to get them within a couple of inches from the top of the plants.

Latest posts

Back