Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big hawg.jpg

Congratulations! I didn't fall in love with the jumping out of a perfectly good airplane part, but I did enjoy flying the canopy and making precision landings.

The best part is that it cured my acrophobia.
Not me. I'd rather have a phobia than jump out of a perfectly good aeroplane.

Nice hawg... but the guy is five feet behind it. My hunting buddy nailed one that size. Had the head mounted. About the stupidest thing to do because it is so large and uugly -- He now keeps it in his separate garage. 🙃

Coupla things: Boars stink beyond redemption. You can smell them from a hundred feet away. (It appears to be a lady oink attractant and boy oink repellent.)

They are also the most important ones to cull for crop-damaging infestation because they breed half the night with all the sows.

Definitely a "shoot, sit behind and smile, shovel" oink.

Last edited:
Good morning ya'll!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

More double gorgeous clear weather here, starting at 37F and predicted to reach 56F.

Wowza, I'm dabbing less in deference to my aging lungs, so I ate a 100 mg THC D-9-O gummy and vaped several bags of my 2023 Train Wreck, for a nice buzz. Alas imagine my chagrin when I discovered that I couldn't remember a password that I've used every day since 2018...........

Congratulations! I didn't fall in love with the jumping out of a perfectly good airplane part, but I did enjoy flying the canopy and making precision landings.

The best part is that it cured my acrophobia.
Yep and cost you a few new knees.......................
I still have mine

I parachuted once off my Granny's house and broke my foot. Fking umbrella wasn't big enough. 🤪
Oh Shoot I remember making a giant sheet parachute tied it with real rope and even a harness under arms, we all tried it off a 10ft roof?, Not a one of us could fly .......LOL
A few twisted legs and feet.

My Buddy and I started a Parasail business before Parasails became popular. We planned on pulling a large banner behind a boat along the Ocean Beach front so people could see it from beach. IE: Use Coppertone for that great Tan. ........
The business became giving sail rides to folks , made good money for 2 summers than insurance became way too expensive.
1698579011179.png

Nice hawg... but the guy is five feet behind it. My hunting buddy nailed one that size. Had the head mounted. About the stupidest thing to do because it is so large and uugly -- He now keeps it in his separate garage. 🙃

Coupla things: Boars stink beyond redemption. You can smell them from a hundred feet away. (It appears to be a lady oink attractant and boy oink repellent.)

They are also the most important ones to cull for crop-damaging infestation because they breed half the night with all the sows.

Definitely a "shoot, sit behind and smile, shovel" oink.
We raised pigs when I was younger. Had a boar that got too big to keep penned in, so we harvested it. My grandad came over and helped, and decided he wanted to make some head cheese - that noggin was big!

He took it home and put it in the refrigerator for next day so he could start cooking it early.

Grandma woke up and got a cup of coffee, then went to get some cream out of the fridge. Grampa hadn't told her about the head in there; she dropped her coffee cup and broke it while "letting out a blood curdling scream and loudly cussing" her husband. It was way funnier when he told it, but she never laughed when he did so.

That was also the (only) time I've ever had head cheese, or brains and eggs for breakfast. Both were edible, but neither were staples in our house growing up.

We raised pigs when I was younger. Had a boar that got too big to keep penned in, so we harvested it. My grandad came over and helped, and decided he wanted to make some head cheese - that noggin was big!

He took it home and put it in the refrigerator for next day so he could start cooking it early.

Grandma woke up and got a cup of coffee, then went to get some cream out of the fridge. Grampa hadn't told her about the head in there; she dropped her coffee cup and broke it while "letting out a blood curdling scream and loudly cussing" her husband. It was way funnier when he told it, but she never laughed when he did so.

That was also the (only) time I've ever had head cheese, or brains and eggs for breakfast. Both were edible, but neither were staples in our house growing up.
We ate brains and eggs growing up as well. Hee, hee, hee, a family joke is that one of my aunts made them for the first time and put both the brains and egg in the skillet at the same time and served them when the eggs were cooked................................................................

Latest posts

Back