Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1700312628378.png

This was what she owned, she did not know what it was worth and a shop told her she needed a new engine and it would cost to much to repair so she left it there to pay the costs of the work they said they already did trying to find the problem.
She was ripped off but she was a woman and that's what happened back then.

I wonder if a lady friend would notice one had just eaten Hot Peppers if they went downtown soon afterwards?
Judging from the couple times I've peed after chopping up peppers (and forgetting to wash my hands first) I'd have to say that would be an "Affirmative". Brings a whole new level to the term 'firecrotch', eh?

I think anti-depression pills are over-rated too. I tried them at the suggestion of my boss, not because I was depressed, but because I lacked as much patience with the resident morons as was desired. I made the mistake of drinking sake with sushi while on them and then taking a nap. I awoke in the receiving ward and learned that I had driven and wrecked my car. No memory of leaving the couch, but I did suffer head injuries, so that may be why.

Sadly I injured another driver, who wasn't wearing seatbelts when I hit his small pickup with my B-300 one ton and besides the DUI, I was convicted of vehicular assault and spent 30 days in jail and 11 months in work release.

My victim suffered two broken legs and a concussion, where I polished off my left knee and had my chin torn off by the steering wheel center ring. I had my knee replaced and had plastic surgery on my face, but that just fixed the really ugly part and my chin is still significantly scarred.

Besides $5000 in fines, my legal bill was $45K. My umbrella insurance policy also paid out $1.1 million to my victim, which of course got our vehicular policy, as well as our home and rental insurance policies canceled, and made replacement expensive.

Vehicular assault is a felony, so I had to sell part of my gun collection and transfer the rest to my son and just recently finally got the assault II expunged, so that I can again own firearms.

Suffice to say, I quit the antidepressants and quit drinking for almost a decade, after which I've never had more than two drinks in one day and never before driving.

I think anti-depression pills are over-rated too. I tried them at the suggestion of my boss, not because I was depressed, but because I lacked as much patience with the resident morons as was desired. I made the mistake of drinking sake with sushi while on them and then taking a nap. I awoke in the receiving ward and learned that I had driven and wrecked my car. No memory of leaving the couch, but I did suffer head injuries, so that may be why.

Sadly I injured another driver, who wasn't wearing seatbelts when I hit his small pickup with my B-300 one ton and besides the DUI, I was convicted of vehicular assault and spent 30 days in jail and 11 months in work release.

My victim suffered two broken legs and a concussion, where I polished off my left knee and had my chin torn off by the steering wheel center ring. I had my knee replaced and had plastic surgery on my face, but that just fixed the really ugly part and my chin is still significantly scarred.

Besides $5000 in fines, my legal bill was $45K. My umbrella insurance policy also paid out $1.1 million to my victim, which of course got our vehicular policy, as well as our home and rental insurance policies canceled, and made replacement expensive.

Vehicular assault is a felony, so I had to sell part of my gun collection and transfer the rest to my son and just recently finally got the assault II expunged, so that I can again own firearms.

Suffice to say, I quit the antidepressants and quit drinking for almost a decade, after which I've never had more than two drinks in one day and never before driving.
I've never done any pills to speak of. There was a time when I said "if my pickup didn't know its way home, I'd have never made it", but those days are long, LONG past. Never had a dui, and I don't plan on it now. I won't even drive with one beer in my belly. In fact...I was at the likker store yesterday getting some bourbon, and they had a display on the counter of some new stuff I've never heard of.

Guy asked me if I wanted a sample. Had to tell him 'No thanks. I got some driving to do'.

Stingy bastid wouldn't just put some in a container for me to take home and try. lol

bricks like those paid my college tuition…😉
Bricks like that bought me my first brand new Harleys.
It's not my mouth or gut that suffers from hot spicy food,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
If the back door ain't burnin' in the morning, it wasn't spicey!
I remember breaking them apart, what a pain
All the seeds ya wanted back then.
My old buddy Dana taught me the secret. You pull a window screen off the window, put the brick on it, boil up some water in a Dutch oven, and hold it over the steam until it starts breaking down. It pulls apart easily. Then you transfer it onto the kitchen table that's covered in newspaper, turn on the ceiling fan, and toss the pile around until it's the proper moisture content and then pull out the scales and baggies. Easy peasy.

Man hard lesson, Im glad you did not kill anyone including yourself. I can think of how many times I drank and drove on autopilot and still made it safely home.
I was extremely lucky and I always hit trees with just me in the trucks. (I fix those tress) maybe because I use to cut trees back then. I injured myself but no one esle , thk the Lords.
I stopped drinking and driving and never looked back.

Me too! My stomach's fine with it, but occasionally if I go too far overboard, the exit ramp gets a little sketchy, so I intentionally moderate. I won't do any ghost pepper challenge or anything like that, either.
Yea that is crazy my father in law and brother in law ate one of the ghost chip challenge thing. It was funny they tried to act tough but it burnt there a$s up

Good morning newb, and I’m sitting here icing my back, so I’m able to move around later this morning. The only time I ever drank in drove is when I was in high school and that was one time. It scares the hell out of me to know there’s people out on the road that do it on a regular basis… today I have to empty out my tents and spray them as preventive maintenance. Lucky me…

Don't scratch your nuts either or you will wish you hadn't.😁
Or rub around your eyes...........
GW were you always like the person you are today?
Or did you wake one morning and have an epiphany, find God, or just decided you wanted to share the wealth?
You seem to be one of the last true hearted people left.
No, I am the sum total of my life's experiences, which changes by the minute.

I finally had an epiphany in my mid-twenties looking at the various religions and sorting through my childhood baggage. I literally made a list of the things that I didn't like about myself and implemented detailed plans to correct them.

I never found God, but removing the things that I most disliked about myself did put things in perspective and realized (felt/understood/believed) that though I sometimes did stupid, unwise, or unkind things, I was basically good hearted and wasn't fatally flawed as an individual.

As far as sharing the wealth, when I was scratching for survival, I was less prone to share, but once I had enough, I've never been one to hoard. I've had all the toys I craved and the excitement that I can stand, and though not wealthy, we are comfortable, so why not share the wealth in a way that makes us happy.

I personally feel good when I help others, and if nothing else it is some payback for those times in my life that I created disharmony in our universe.

Last edited:
Or rub around your eyes...........

No, I am the sum total of my life's experiences, which changes by the minute.

I finally had an epiphany in my mid-twenties looking at the various religions and sorting through my childhood baggage. I literally made a list of the things that I didn't like about myself and implemented detailed plans to correct them.

I never found God, but removing the things that I most disliked about myself did put things in perspective and realized (felt/understood/believed) that though I sometimes did stupid, unwise, or unkind things, I was basically good hearted and wasn't fatally flawed as an individual.

As far as sharing the wealth, when I was scratching for survival, I was less prone to share, but once I had enough, I've never been one to hoard. I've had all the toys I craved and the excitement that I can stand, and though not wealthy, we are comfortable, so why not share the wealth in a way that makes us happy. I personally feel good when I help others, and if nothing else it is some payback for those times in my life that I created disharmony in our universe.
Yep I knew from the start you are a Good Man
Unlike most of us here LOL

Yep I knew from the start you are a Good Man
Unlike most of us here LOL
Au contraire! I believe that everyone has Buddha nature, which is innately good.

A newborn child is an open slate and life programs us to lose track of our inner spirit and nature. It is the baggage that we pick up along the way that keeps us from realizing that and acting accordingly.

One of the things that made a profound impact on my spiritual evolution is Transcendental and Zazen meditation. I did one or the other 20 minutes twice a day for over twenty years. The effect is to separate our thoughts from the calm observer, which is of course is our other brain hemisphere.

We become less prone to become the thought and follow through with action, before considering how well thought out it is.

Au contraire! I believe that everyone has Buddha nature, which is innately good.

A newborn child is an open slate and life programs us to lose track of our inner spirit and nature. It is the baggage that we pick up along the way that keeps us from realizing that and acting accordingly.

One of the things that made a profound impact on my spiritual evolution is Transcendental and Zazen meditation. I did one or the other 20 minutes twice a day for over twenty years. The effect is to separate our thoughts from the calm observer, which is of course is our other brain hemisphere.

We become less prone to become the thought and follow through with action, before considering how well thought out it is.
Somebody came to one of my high school classes once. Had us all lay down on the floor and close our eyes, then started describing the stress leaving our bodies, from the toes up. It actually worked - I could feel my body relaxing.

I still practice it on occasion, though my head's so full of my life's misdeeds it sometimes takes a shot or two of bourbon to really work! lol

Somebody came to one of my high school classes once. Had us all lay down on the floor and close our eyes, then started describing the stress leaving our bodies, from the toes up. It actually worked - I could feel my body relaxing.

I still practice it on occasion, though my head's so full of my life's misdeeds it sometimes takes a shot or two of bourbon to really work! lol
Man good thing
I thought this was an active shooter story.

Don't do that if Hippie is around 😱

Latest posts

Back