Jack Herer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a Jack Herer mother I havent budded yet. I cant wait!!! Urs look good mang keep up the good work!!

I hate to rain on anyones parade, but I have done Jack for a long time and the pics you show does not look like the Jack I know.

I have pics of a jack grow in my gallery.

Those do look to be heavy on the indi side...?? I have a friend that is growing some jack plants and they look alot more like a true sativa. IMO

I dont speak from experience though...:eek: Just pictures on here and my friends ladies.

Dont flog me to bad...:D

***EDIT*** Flog me...

After further investigation. Almost all the pictures I can find, do in fact have the broader foliage associated with indica plants.....??? I dont know what I thought they looked like, or what I thought looked like them.

Off to hide under a grow lamp and read.... :eek: :eek:

NorCalHal said:
I hate to rain on anyones parade, but I have done Jack for a long time and the pics you show does not look like the Jack I know.

I have pics of a jack grow in my gallery.

I hope these are jack's, well that is what I bought! is there a way of telling what they are?

P.S Thanks for all the comments too :)

Update for you:

31 days into bloom.

Pics have been moved

Also, a few leaves on 2 of the plants are going yellow at the tips - only a little bit, is it something to do with the nutrients? I give the plants a CF of 16, however, I have put it down to 14 now just incase, that is if it is the nutrients at fault.

I have never grown Jack so I can't tell ya if it is or not, but what I can tell you is that your Jack looks wonderful...Not much longer now

great job Cam

Thanks for your comment Massproducer, can anyone help me with the yellow tips on the leaves?

Not sure if its a jack or not but shes gorgeous. Going to be a nice harvest. Yellow tips on leaves indicated over nuting, usually. Back off the nutes just a bit and she should be fine. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

wow that is a gorgeous plant! Well done on that baby!!

Looking good! They look nice and frosty:hubba:

Here's some of mine at 7 weeks old, started flowering about 2 weeks ago but had to take clones about a week in and I think that slowed them down some. These are from JH bagseed btw

Yeah smokey said it, the yellow tips are the first sign of overfeeding but it is not really a problem yet. Just lower the amount of nutes they are getting slightly and this should dissappear

Thanks for the help on the yellow tips guys.

Dr. Manny Bowles, they are also some good looking plants you have there, are they all ladies? I am also going to start adding PK 13/14 this coming Friday anybody else use this stuff?

I also took clones off mine (7 in total) but 2 of them died, but the others look really healthy.

beautiful plants Cam, just beautiful!

camcam said:
Dr. Manny Bowles, they are also some good looking plants you have there, are they all ladies?

Thank you, yes I've got 5 ladies all together out of 12 or 13 seeds I germed. 1 of them I did some LST on in veg and 1 formed 3 tops all on its own for some reason. The other 3 are going to be the big performers I think, lots of bud sites and big thick stems:hubba: I'm gonna keep a close eye on them as I'm kind of expecting a hermie since it's bagseed and all...
Good luck with the rest of your grow and please keep posting up the updated pics. I will be watching your thread for sure.

Dr. Manny Bowles said:
Good luck with the rest of your grow and please keep posting up the updated pics. I will be watching your thread for sure.

I will post some more pics in a week or so, also, anyone using PK 13/14 if so any good??

P.S Thanks for all the comments guys :)

Bit of an update for you:

These ladies are getting close to the end now as I have had alook at the trichomes under a microscope and they are a clear and some milky color. How long is it until they go to a amber color? and should I feed them PH-ed water only from now on to flush them or should I leave them till next week?

For info these plants are on the 7th week this coming Friday (13/06/08).

Nice looking ladies you got there camcam. I usually harvest at 50/50 clear cloudy because I enjoy more of an up high. I think it may take as much as 2 more weeks to get that couch lock amber, but I'm not sure- I've never grown Jack. I guess you can say I don't know Jack! Anyone else? I'd be interested myself. Good luck.

Another update:

51 Days into bloom...

Most of the trichomes are a milky color now so I am just flushing the plants at the minute and I will be cutting them down this coming Wednesday. Have alook at pictures 3 and 4 them buds are big on top!

The last picture is the 6 cuttings I have taken off the 7 what are in bloom (1 cutting died). I am really getting excited now I can't wait to have a smoke of my own stuff....

Also, the plants are getting yellow and spotted leaves to the bottom of the plant is this normal? Am not too bothered because like I said am cutting them down this Wednesday, just like to know what it is really..

100_0241.jpg

100_0251.jpg

100_0243.jpg

100_0242.jpg

Cuttings.jpg

I have given them water only this morning but should I give anymore water over the next few days or should I leave them as this Wednesday is the chop day! that would be like 3 days with no water at all, will they be ok?

Those are some good looking plants. Buds look good and dense. How do they smell? They should be fine with no more water until chop btw:D.

Latest posts

Back