Just switched to 12/12.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trafic

Very, very stoned
Reaction score
I just switched to 12/12 and my plants are stretching and the leaves are drooping.

Does this sound normal?

I have the lights as close as I can without burning and the leaves look healthy otherwise.

Pictures, pictures, pictures...
We can hypothesize all day long and give you vague guesses....
When you induce flowering, this is always followed by a stretch. Normally about 2 times original size before flower. Nothing new there.
Did someone read their grow journels and watch their grow videos?
Someone may have some homework ahead of them...
Drooping leaves... but they look healthy...
How long since you watered.... or perhaps over-watered?
Again, pictures would help, but research will help you much more.
Good luck buddy

Ok. Here's some info. 3 are Northern Lights, 1 is a shitty Thai super-skunk. Watered two days ago. Been watering every 2-3 days or so. Starting to think that I may need to move them one of them (Thai SS) to a bigger pot.

They are in 1 gal. pots and the Thai SS is in 1 gal. bag.
I'll try to post some pics.

First is Thai SS, next 3 pics are Northern Lights.

journalpics 002a.JPG

journalpics 005a.JPG

journalpics 006a.JPG

journalpics 007a.JPG

Help us out a little tell us about your soil,nutrients if any,and lights.Everything that you can tell us helps especially from beginning to end. Sick plants have to be reverse enginerred.I found this to be the easy way when asking for help. It's a little difficult to look directly at something and be 100% sure without any background. Other that that i always start over and replant to a larger container with the same dirt and add fresh dirt to new pot and put it right on top and backfill all aroud and water imediately. But thats the quick fix still early yet.Take time and sit down and think about what we need to know may not be important to you; but it's a world of difference to the people who desperately want to help you.So gl i hope i helped:cool:

OK. Cool.

30 Days Veg at 18/6. Sitched to 12/12 yesterday.
Growing it in a 2'x 3' x 4' box.
Growing under 400W HPS Hortilux bulb.
Using Foxfarm Ocean forest soil.
Using Foxfarm Grow big nutes per chart on container.

Not sure of PH but one will be getting meter on next trip to store.

Plants have looked good expect for one time I got the lights too close and it burned the leaves. (Those are the yellow leaves you see at the bottom.)

Do your pots drain?
My guess overwatered or underwatered.

If they perk up after watering then its under if not wait a bit more before watering, at least 2" at the top is dry.

Yep, my pots drain. I don't water them till the soil is really dry. Then I water it till a little drains out the bottom.

Everything looked great till I switched to 12/12 then they drooped, the Thai SS the most. I just transplanted that to a 3 gal grow bag. Hopefully it will perk back up

The NL I will grow a little longer before I transplant them. They look ok so far.

I am thinking under watering for the first pic. Have you ever bottom watered? Try putting the grow bag in a container with 3" of whatever water you use and let it wick up from the bottom for an hour. I go by weight. I can tell by lifting my plants if there is any moisture in the soil, or not. They are considerably heavier when wet. Or, you could mist the ones with droopy leaves. they should perk up fast if it's under watered. My second thought is, it is root bound.

rnt u suposed to 1/2 dilute from the direction n scedual on fox farm nutrients?

Yep, it looked root bound. That one just grew a lot faster than the others. The NL's are staying bushier and smaller. I'll probably transplant those tomorrow.

I didn't know to dilute it by half. I'll look into that.

They seemed to like it but I could be wrong.

On a side note it's a lot nicer with all the lights off in my room at 6PM as opposed to 12 am.;)

Can you tell us about your temps,RH;and air circulation. Two feet by three feet by four foot grow box with a 400 watt hps bulb may need more fresh air to replaced more often.Plants need to transpire in the water into the air. Now if small 1-2 gallon pots are used for fast growing plants may stunt grow or you may have dry pockets in your soil from not watering often enough and when you do it drowns the bottom of your roots; and may eventually burn the tips from nutes not leeching out fast enough. Now on the other hand a ph stick or a soil test kit, and how do you vent your set up any pic's on that ? :watchplant: :hubba: :fid: :lama:

Pretty sad venting. The box has slide doors. I put a fan on one side and it blows out the other. It keeps circulation on the plants but I need to upgrade it. It's really a matter of me getting off my *** and doing it.

The temps in the room stay around 78F with 30% RH.

Yeah, the one gallon pots are not going to cut it. I have 3 gallon grow bags I'm going to put them into.

Don't know about air pockets in the soil. I'll check when I transplant. Is there a way to keep from getting air pockets in soil? When i water I try to get it equally spread around the pot.

Also, how fast should the water leech out? When I water it I probably only have a few Tbsp of water in runoff.

Thats kool man.Now if it were me and only me cause i do this myself(i would translant to larger pot) nothing less that 5 gallons for bloom i play it safe.Other than that i would increase venting both supply and return. Both on 24/7. As far as the water goes i water, water, then nutes. Always every other day. The day i water after nutes i give more water to see it leach out. And check ph. Thats just me(Kool).:cool:

Latest posts

Back