kind of soil to grow in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goatroper57

Reaction score
hello all a newbe here i was wanting to know i live in the mountians of south east missouri and its real rocky here so my question is i have three horses and i had chickins if i was to mix the chickin and horse crap together thay both are over a year old and thay both have been mixed with hay & straw over the years its been there iam wanting to dig a hole and replace the rocky soil with the mixed crap but i dont know if thay would grow plus the seeds iam goin to use are from our local stuff any info would be helpful
thanks all

lol we dont have mountains.....

isnt the highest point 1,7xxft?

dirt here kinda sucks unless its fortified like yours. if its to the point that it isnt our natural clay like crap then its prolly good.

be sure to bake it. i didnt bake any of mine and 70gallons of dirt has had TONS of crawlies walk out of it.

Yeah G A and use it. Good stuff. Cannot beat well-rotted horse manure. You might want to consider (cough cough) mushrooms. LOL. The mushrooms grow where the horses go ...

Buy a soil test kit to make sure the mix is not to hot. Add sand, perilite and water crystals. Set back and watch grow.

hey man,that is a great start for some organics.Just remember,composted manure contains a high amount of nitrogen.When you plan to use this manure you may want to use it an additve to mix with a soiless mix or an organic compost soil to prevent killing or damaging young plants :D You may also like to make a tea with that.Give it a good soak (skaking every other day) until the plant are mature enough to take some of the jizz.When that time comes,add it to water at a 1:10 part ratio (1 part tea/10 part H20) and use on off days or after a good rain soaking as a foiliar feed during the veggy state.Remember,you do not want to over-fertilize.Over fertilizing is like rushing through traffic to get somewhere when you are "not" running late, and then having an accident....everyone you passed is now looking at you as they pass you :D.So stick to nursery/company directions and use nutes accordingly GOOD LUCK!!

well if i read the posts right i can use the horse manure and chikin **** mixed
its been sitting out in the pasture about 1 1/2 years or so now that should not be hot at all and maybe add some poting soil to it like flyingnatural said right and lotek i think your right on the highest mountians in the show me state but if iam high that makes the mountians high here and yall have to tell me in turms of pot growers for dummys so i understand and leafminer ive had my horses all most 4 years now and never seen (cough cough) mushrooms come from ther nuggets yet but all my 15 dogs seem to like eatin the horse nuggets maybe there getin a buzzzz
thanks all

HaHa. Really we all are high on our own mountain here.

Dude ,

Be careful of chicken manure if it has not been composted it will /could contain cut worms. they will cut your small plants off even with the ground. Had it happen to me with tomato plants. Go to wal mart and get composted manure $ 1.19 per bag.:)

or put it in a metal tub, loosely seal it, and build a big fire ontop. stick a long high temp therm into the center before you build the fire pile if ya have one. keep the temp at several hundred for liek 6 hrs or longer if ya have enough brush.

This is the way I see it. When I bring in soil I cook it. Oven 400 degrees 1hr. But if a bug gets in my room Mine can't fight back much. I grew up on a ranch and we used it for fertilizer all the time, but we composted it. You could have one nice methane digestor and compost pit. That compost is worth a lot of money too. Sell those worms too. If you had a tractor you could scrap that up and sell it at thet co-op. for more then the crop you want

Latest posts

Back