larry og group grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
orangesunshine said:
schweeeeeet hammy---they look very well cared for---are you saying you got a couple different phenos or more---forgot how many beans you said you dropped

our friend rosebuds plants also looking like they want for not :icon_smile:

thanks---this is the og here :48:

I have 5 ladies in flower. 1 is a Satori and I believe the other 4 are Larry OG. I got one who pheno that is stretching big time one that is behaving and the other 2 are in between.

My Larry OG's are starting to bud up nicely. You can see the difference in phenos.

20131119_214629 (Custom).jpg

20131119_214633 (Custom).jpg

20131119_214638 (Custom).jpg

20131119_214801 (Custom).jpg

20131119_214806 (Custom).jpg

20131119_214811 (Custom).jpg

20131119_214816 (Custom).jpg

20131119_215012 (Custom).jpg

20131119_215023 (Custom).jpg

20131119_215028 (Custom).jpg

I tell you what, it is a humbling experience being in a group larry grow with the king of Larry....Hamster...

I found two different pheno's Orange, thought you might like to see. One is stretchy in veg and the other is compact. I started my seeds on 10-15 and no one is showing sex yet, even though i see some alternating noded. I am hoping the short ones are female...Here you go,.
DSCF2196.JPG
DSCF2197.JPG DSCF2198.JPG DSCF2199.JPG

thanks for sharing

i agree rb---hammy is a tough act to follow as will be the other premier growers running these like nch, thg, odd, 4u, cubby, and eventually the DD

i got sex and promise to post up my girls soon

They look good Rose...they seem way more well behaved than mine. Hopefully they show sex for you soon. Green Mojo

well here we go---better than 60% female---call me lucky---these are now back in veg---one late sprout still not sexed---after giving these girls a week or so to get back into the 24 hr veg cycle they will get transplanted into 5 gal buckets---i'll get you some more pics then---they have been topped and cut back once and ready to be cloned---that will happen in a few weeks---looking like 3 distinct phenos

also included are the pics of the survivors from the 1st batch of f2 that did not get fried in the hot temps

:icon_smile: thanks for following along :D

larry f2---harvest---sprouts---vape pen 030.jpg

larry f2---harvest---sprouts---vape pen 029.jpg

larry f2---harvest---sprouts---vape pen 012.jpg

That bud is very sparkly and pretty Orange...You have a lot of the stretchy pheno... very interesting how they are under the same light and some have such short internode spacing and the others are crazy.
Looking nice Orange.

stretchy was my fault---while they were vegging the 1st time they were up tight and close to the t5 keeping them squatty and stout---for sexing they went under a hps and were about 3 feet from the light---stretched like crazy---made me cut them all way back---all good now---boys are gone---remaing stetched tops become clones and we bang out 6-8 single colas per pot :icon_smile:

hey orange is that a 6bulb t5 you got all that stuff sitting ontop of lol, thats a nice lookin fixture, what kind is it? iv been thinking up uppin my veg space from a 4bulb to a 6 bulb and thats a nice sleek lookin fixture, looks really sturdy. and since i see you have stuff uptop it doesnt seem it generates alot of heat.

sunakard2000 said:
hey orange is that a 6bulb t5 you got all that stuff sitting ontop of lol, thats a nice lookin fixture, what kind is it? iv been thinking up uppin my veg space from a 4bulb to a 6 bulb and thats a nice sleek lookin fixture, looks really sturdy. and since i see you have stuff uptop it doesnt seem it generates alot of heat.

yep---makes for a great shelf lol---rockwool wrapped in plastic, plastic zip ties, clippers, paper and pen, painters tape---all things a messy grow room needs to keep on hand for a good fire

they call the fixture a 48 sunblaze by sunsystem---8---54 watt 4' t5 floresent bulbs---HO 6500 K blue lamps---you can buy red bulbs separetly

actually 22" x 47" long---2 switches---to illuminate all or middle 4 or outside 2 and 2 bulbs

thanx hammy---the green mojo right back my man

Hey Hamster plants are looking great! I noticed in a couple of your pics your doing some training on your plants. You think you could elaborate on what your doing and why? I'm trying to expand my training knowledge.

he does like i do, use pipe cleaners to tie branches from the vertical position to far more horizontal, this causes the plant to kinda bush up more, it opens up the insides to light promoting lower growth and smaller side branches to grow up towards the light rather then stretching out searching for a non shaded spot down low which results in sparce branches with small more shake like when dried then bud like, also doing this allows the plant to take up more horizontal space rather then mostly vertical space, thus bushier plants, its almost like a scrog but instead of using a screen to train the branches under your using pipe cleaners to tie the branches down all bondage like lol. if yah look in my auto grow journal i have a few pics of my Northern Lights plant, after i FIMed it and got 6 tops schutes one of which broke when i was moving them around for a head count, i let those new tops grow out about 4 inches and then started tieing them down horizontaly, over a few weeks iv tightened them up and gotten them compleatly horizontal and all the under growth that would normaly be shaded has grown upwards creating a canopy with like 30 tops, much like a scrog just a different way of achieveing a short bushier plant with more of an even canopy rathen then a typical vertical tree with sparce lower branches. this can also help when creating a mother plant, opens more "tops" up to light and as they grow i can top them for clones and in the process gain another 2 tops on that branch only improving the output for clones and amount of tops if you ever choose to flower said mother plant.
that pretty much covers all i can think of involving tying the plant down, whether its pipe cleaners or string it doesnt matter, its just that for one pipe cleaners are softer and less likely to cut into the stems, and they are much easier to twist on and off during install, removal or tightening, to tighten them and pull that branch closer to the desired position over a period of time i make a slight crimp in the pipe cleaner kinda like a > shape and then use that little tip as a kinda wing nut and twist to shorten the pipe clean distance from branch to a wooden clothing pin on the edge of the pot, or the pipe cleaner tied to a safety pin for smart pots (or other fabric pots). (**thanks for the amazingly awesome idea there hammy, safety pins!**)

anywho again sorry for the very well medicated rant :bong: lol hope that helps yah

JEEBUS!!! that wide pheno is retarted huge, that one really didnt want to go easy with the training did it. so is that just a lanky stretchy pheno or did it just grow stupidly wide without being lanky and stretchy? i hope that makes sence lol.

sunakard2000 said:
JEEBUS!!! that wide pheno is retarted huge, that one really didnt want to go easy with the training did it. so is that just a lanky stretchy pheno or did it just grow stupidly wide without being lanky and stretchy? i hope that makes sence lol.

No it stretched like a mofo... I had to be diligent with the lst or she would have won the battle.
She is pretty flexible so I just kept bending her over and tying her down.

Now your turning me on. Bend her over again,,please.

Latest posts

Back