leaves yellowing and dying

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigTree420

Reaction score
Hey guys i have 8 lowryder 2's a few weeks into flower and now 3 of them..most of the leaves are yellowing and dying...2 are worse than the other but the rest seem to be fine...? i have been feeding it big bloom and tiger bloom 1/2 strength every watering (about every 4 to 5 days) and they seemed to be fine until this week...last watering was only h20 cuz im afraid i might have been giving them 2 much nutes...now its even getting worse...its working its way up from the bottom pretty quickly..buds look fine tho and so do most of the surrounding leaves on them....any1 help????

0920081750b.jpg

0920081751a.jpg

0920081752.jpg

0920081752b.jpg

0920081754.jpg

0920081756.jpg

Classic nute burn. Sorry to hear your girls aren't doing so well. Less is more when it comes to feeding your plants. 1/2 strengh every watering is over-doing it. Start at 1/4 and work your way up, especially when using flowering nutes. Indoors, I would recommend feeding every third or fourth watering and with the roots still a little wet. For now, flush your plants with plenty of pH'd water (6.2-6.8) and DON'T feed them for a couple of weeks. They might look bad but you'll get something out of them.

thanks for the help luckily not all of them look this bad

it doesn't look like nutrient burn to me....

It looks like to me that ur plants are entering their last push to flower and are now in the final stages of their lifecycle. So what you get isuniform yellowing beginning at the bottom of the plants and working it's way up.

When this begins to happen there isnt' much u can do to stop it. Depending on how far along they are , and they look like they are a ways in and about a couple weeks from harvest. Everything is fine and they are nearing the end. EDIT: this info is only relevant if you are within 2 -3 weeks of recommended harvest time!

I would begin to water with plain water only until they are ready to harvest.

Looking at one of the pictures you gave us, it also looks like you could be experiencing lockout due to salt buildup, which is also possible. After some serious staring at your pictures Mg def could be your culprit, which in later flower is usually caused by salt buildup in the soil. A good flushing of the soil should bring the salt levels down to manageable and the plant should be able to tolerate it.

The upwards cupping of the top leaves tells the tale. feedings every 4-5 days is overdoing it, even with a semi organic fert like fox farms.

However due to lowryders short flowering period i have a feeeling that a "few weeks" is having u getting close to harvest time. 2 more weeks of straight water and i would pull em. Overall the plants look like they are just nearing the end man.

feed em plain water from here on out and you should be happy with the harvest.Lowryder isn't normally a huge producer. There are some out there that find special pheno's from the lr#2 and LR but they are few and far in between and are not normally huge producers.

thanks wakenbake...what exactlly is lockout tho?....also i have been feeding it reg amounts of plain phed water should i flush now or just keep feeding reg amounts....also one of them looks alot farther from harvest than the others even tho it was started at the same time ( it also has no nute burn!) should i stop feeding this one as well??

Maybe you should flush just to be safe

the yellowing has slowed down greatly and the buds seem 2 look fine...trichs are just startin 2 turn milky seems like these lowryders are takin longer than i thought...its ok tho the smoke looks like its gonna be killer! alot nicer than my outdoors!

Latest posts

Back