LED Lighting Growing Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the top, as you will see in the third pic, was not salvageable. I waited two full days and it was wilting. I was going to cut it, but looked at it and just snipped lightly at the break. It looks now that the 2-3d node down is now the top(s).

Have some stretching of the one on the right, I have let it grow into the light to hope it slows.

DSCF7565.JPG

DSCF7566.JPG

DSCF7567.JPG

looking good
its good to see the results of led lights not that many people seem to be using them,
i want to get 4 90w ufo's for my next grow to save elec
well i hope you are going to make clones out of that broken plant (if its a female)

No, I do not clone. It is hard enough to get one 3-4 month cycle in. I am traveling too much and feel a bit of cabin fever as it is. I would so like to do that. Someone I know was telling me recently that with the ALL BLUE UFO, he can use clear plastic cups and clone easily. He just changes the water every two days he tells me.

LEDs as with other artificial light is not the end all, but it seems that there is no argument on the first half in veg, even I can see from my limited exp the yields are lower.

I do not want to get in a rant here, LED has proven to me it provides much more of the exact wavelength in the direct red, blue and red blue orange. Plants are just so healthy. And the burn is not burn from IR/UV like with HPS, it is because it is too much of a good thing. I could show pictures, but that would be the only way it would make sense and only to those that use LEDs. Burn little holes right through the leaves when up against and it is not from the approx 105 degrees at glass.

I believe my life has changed forever. I am only happy I was not scarred that I had used something for years, only in my second. I am not jaded one way or the other. For Sure in my mind, LED from Seed/ling/clone through first month of flower. At that point, Supplement accordiingly with HPS the last three weeks or so as you come off peak nut's and sup 3-5 hours in the middle of your light schedule of 12/12. Obviously you can finish with just LED and that is a whole different thing in itself. Less production, I accept and agree to this, but flowers that may take an extra week that are not burned to heck, leaves still a deep green and I believe just as good or better in the finish of the palette.

Yes, sorry had to edit. Yes, all fem seeds...

Moved em out of the bathroom into a little more space. Running (cause I can, not because it needs it) a 120W LED & 90 W UFO LED 12/12. I have decided to test supplement light from the beginning instead of the last three weeks like I did with the almost finished 4 plants I have. Buds are beautiful, but it is WW, this is not. With these huge LEAVES, I am running one 400W HPS 5 Hours a day Light cycle is 8 to 8 and from 10-3 the 400HPS runs overtop.

DSCF7612.JPG

DSCF7613.JPG

DSCF7614.JPG

Lookin good man, can't wait to see them in full bloom. As a little more encouragement and to maybe silence the doubters a bit, check this out-- 60g out of 60W, sounds good to me. :)

hXXp://www.creatiesintechniek.nl/Led/test4.html

wow thats an effing monster of a girl! looks hella good. keep up the good work!

Thank you for the comments. I actually am changing it up a bit. I will do pix later. I did chance it and take the one that was cut in half in veg, due to my stupidity, I moved that to its own bucket now, have the UFO 90 over it. The other two, that you see as the big ones on each corner of this hydro starter has one most of the 400W HPS and the other all of the 120W LED. Will post pix soon

PICTURES ADDED: APR 08 - as this was edited

Look at the plant that is under the 400HPS, that was the smaller of the two if you go back to VEG and LED Only. Once I moved them, about a week or so now, few days more than that I guess, it has stretched to reach the light and the one under the LED 120W only with the runoff of the 400, not much, has grown upwards slower now, same amount of buds, same genetics, I am going to finish them the last approx 7 weeks or so right where they sit.

So now in Flowering:

one plant was on LED until approx 10 days ago, it now is 400HPS
one is LED 120W some runoff from the 400HPS
one is LED 90W and some runoff from the 400HPS

Today I am going to hang another 120W LED over the plant that has the 400HPS, move the 400HPS to the middle of the two and have that come on starting tomorrow 4/9 to run only 10 AM - 3PM as a supplement only light and full 12/12 with LED

The last two photos are photos of each 4 ft plant just the top, one under HPS one under LED

IMGP0946.JPG

IMGP0947.JPG

IMGP0948.JPG

IMGP0949.JPG

IMGP0950.JPG

IMGP0951.JPG

Latest posts

Back