length of veg time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, Hemp Goddess it just happens every now and again! You know, not enough room in the flower room and there they will sit. Not done for that length on purpose. I just flower them out anyway !

The Hemp Goddess said:
What it actually says is to veg at least 55 days for maximum resin production. However, you can veg however long you want. If the plants are sexually mature and ready to flower, IMO whether you have vegged 49 days or 60 days really probably won't make a difference in resin production (which is a product of flowering) other than plants vegged longer are larger, so the resulting plants should be larger. I would like to see something that links resin production to how long you have vegged--I have never ever seen any such studies.

My understanding of a recommended a veg period was to allow the roots to get fully established. Which in turn, in theory would allow the plant to maximize the nutes. Which at the end of the cycle should give you an increase in resin production. But there again....I like big girls :D and could be bias:)

I am just speculating and could be totally wrong, but I think Resin production would be mostly influenced by genetics as a result of higher resin production repelling insects. So naturally strains that do well in areas with heavy amounts of bugs would do better and pass that trait on. The reason they probably say to veg for that long is MJ starts increasing it's production of reason around week 8 or 9. That is most MJ. Higher resin strains would most likely be predisposed to start production earlier or at a heavy rate.

Latest posts

Back