Little grow area.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WrEkkED

Reaction score
I guess my plan has changed and I am going to try and grow some lowryder#2 in my closet. Only thing is, I still live with my mom and I don't want her to find out. So I can build a little enclosure for it with a light and such. I'm only going to grow one or two at a time. Now my problem is, I won't be able to give it fresh air 24/7. I can bring it out for a few hours every day infront of the window for some fresh air but thats about it. Second problem. How much do these little fellers smell? I can't have her smelling it. Anyone have any suggestions/info?

Hey WrEkkED, one side of this issue you may not have thought about; you're growing in your Mothers house without her permission or knowledge. If for any reason, the cops bust the grow, she can lose her entire house because of your grow. She could get jail time because of your grow.

This isn't something that's fair to your Mother. Wait until you can absorb the entire risk to growing MJ, yourself.

If she found it, and was angry enough about it, she could be the one to call the cops on YOU. This has happened in many, many, many households.

Please wait until you are in your own house. What you're planning is just unfair to your Mother.

it's a rental appartment, also, I'm in Canada... they won't bust you unless you have a lot. I only want some for personal use.

Also. She has said she doesn't care if I grow it, she just doesn't want to know it's there.

"I am going to try and grow some lowryder#2 in my closet. Only thing is, I still live with my mom and I don't want her to find out."

If she knows that you want to grow weed and she's said it's ok, then how is she not going to find out?

The pot laws in Canada and any other country change in their application depending on what cop shows up at your door.

Cultivating marijuana without a medical licence in Canada is illegal the last I heard. If the one cop that is a butthead shows up at your door because the vent system in your apt building is interconnected and your neighbor smelled it, will your Mother still think it's ok when she's sitting in a jail cell?

My advice to you would be to talk it over with your Mother and explain that SHE might be the one in jail due to your grow. Then ask her if it's ok for you to grow it in her house right now.

Say: "Hey Mom, I want to grow some pot in my closet. It might smell some. There is a small chance that the worst could happen and the cops could come and kick in your door and arrest both of us for pot cultivation, prolly won't happen, but if it does and you have to go to jail for a few months, is it still ok with you? After all Mom, it is your life and your apartment.

I'm betting that her answer will be a loud NO!

Wait until you have your own life and house/apt to mess up if that's what happens man. Risking your Mothers freedom just isn't fair. Either that, or grow it outdoors somewhere.

it's an ostriche (sp?) head in the ground type situation. It's like, when my girlfriends over... she knows we are having sex, she just doesn't want to KNOW. so we don't talk about it or anything. I just want 1 lil plant :(

WrEkkED said:
it's an ostriche (sp?) head in the ground type situation. It's like, when my girlfriends over... she knows we are having sex, she just doesn't want to KNOW. so we don't talk about it or anything. I just want 1 lil plant :(
In the eyes of the law, one plant is no different than 20 if you aren't legally allowed to grow it.

Having sex with your girlfriend won't put your Mom in jail. Growing pot will.

Even if your Mom says it's ok, I would suggest talking to her about the risks. You want to grow some weed. That's obvious. I've followed your post about your Grandparents property as well. It's simply not fair to grow YOUR weed at someone elses risk.

well before yesterday, I honestly had no idea that other people could be affected. Ignorance is bliss I guess. It's just, I know these guys grew 1500 plants and one guy had 3 priors and 1 had 2 priors and all that happened was they each got 1 year probation and a 2500$ fine to a charitable donation.

I'm pretty sure a law was passed stating you can grow 2 plants a year. I wouldn't swear to it though.

Anyways, since this new information, my friend, who has been bugging me to grow with him sais we can grow at his place. I just didn't want to because I don't really like the guy LoL

WrEkkED said:
Anyways, since this new information, my friend, who has been bugging me to grow with him sais we can grow at his place. I just didn't want to because I don't really like the guy LoL
Growing an illegal crop of marijuana in a guys house that you don't even like...

Hmmmmmmmm, lots of risk man. He's talking to YOU about it; I wonder how many others he's talked to.

I guess what I'm trying to say to you is that you don't want to be sitting on a little tiny cot in a little tiny cell thinking "What have I done?" There are no shortage of stories about "best" friends betraying, not to mention people you don't really like anyway.

If you really, really want to grow, get yourself a small house and make yourself a growroom that NOBODY else ever sees or hears about. "It's my office and I don't allow anyone in there" is my story.

Help your buddy set up a massive grow operation, cause there sure isn't a 2 plant per year law. And if you don't like the guy, all the better. It gives you more options for when he decides he doesn't want you helping anymore.

You might want to consider how economical this is going to be for you. Is the ammount of $$ you're dishing out going to be worth the small ammount of bud you'll eventually get?

If this grow is just for fun, then forget it. Grow a tomato, and save your mom the disrespect.

this is actually due to Toronto weed being total crap. I used to get good stuff up near my grandparents but my dealer got arrested for selling heroine and coke. There was also this indian dude who grew the best pot i had ever had. but that was through a friend and when he moved away we didn't keep in touch. Now, I just want my own bud. I don't smoke very often anymore because it's just not fun. I smoke a gram and 1/2 get somewhat high for 15 min then just want to sleep. I don't need a huge grow here. Just one lil plant LoL 50 grams would prob do me if it was good. I doubt my first grow would be worth anything, but after that I would hope I'd learn something. As for moving out... I'm only an apprentice, so 9.36 an hour barely allows me to afford my V Dub.

I've known this guy for 3 years, I just don't like him because he's a moron. Annoying type guy, but other than that he's trust worthy.

Oh well. Guess I'm SOL.

This topic hit one of my hot buttons!

WrEkkED, It is very selfish of you to insist on growing in your mother's place without her knowledge. You said you were in a "Rental Apartment." That means you have neighbors. There is a chance they might smell your plants and turn you (and your mother) in to the authorities. I'm sure that is a surprise she wouldn't want.

On another thread, you mentioned growing on your Grampa's farm without his knowledge. You were told on that thread as well that it would be bad!

It is ALWAYS a bad idea to do illegal things in some one else's house without their knowledge. What if you had a roommate who was growing and didn't tell you and he got busted? Guess what?:: You will be going to jail too. You may eventually be cleared in court, but what a lot of trouble to go through!

Stoney Bud has given you VERY WISE advice (and he did it a lot more politely than I have seen others say it in the past). You should take it.

Bubby just had a good tip as well. You can get your equipment and practice growing tomato plants. Use them to experiment and tweak your technique. Then, when you have your own place and are ready to grow, you can hit the ground running.

Right now, I am in between grows and I am growing a tomato plant in my Hydroponic system and trying out a couple different things to improve my skills. I don't want to risk harming my "production" plants, but I don't mind if I kill the tomato plant with my experiments.

Good Luck WrEkkED!

well with my grandparents, and on that post, I thought they would only be in trouble due to it being their land, not that fact that they are there. So, I will either grow with my "friend" or not at all. Maybe throw it in some forest on crown land, or not at all.

To further the subject of tomato plants. Isn't pot quite harder than tomato plants? I have never had a tomato plant not grow and not produce tomatoes LoL

Yes, tomatoes will take a lot more abuse than MJ, but they can be used to get you into the habit of checking the PH, monitoring soil moisture, measuring out your nutes, practicing SCROG or LST. Also, they have a particular smell, so you can see if your air-scrubber works. Like I said, if you can't grow now, it is a good way to get in some practice.

Right now, I am making adjustments to my system and want to see if they help or hurt. If the tomato leaves start turning yellow and dieing, I know what I'm doing will probably be bad for my MJ plants.

I've grown lots of plants, with my grandparents being on a farm, we grew all our own veggies and fruits. I've always just started the tomato plants as seeds in dirt, then transplanted when they got bigger. Never worried about PH and got nice results.

Why is pot so much more different? It's like god wants it to be a pain in the *** to grow LoL

I'm thinking I might grow out in the forest off of this ATV trail near me. Lots of space where no one goes or anything. But I won't be able to check on it much because it's kinda far away. Just wondering if it is possible to just plant a seed and let it grow rather than germinating and everything. And is there anything you can do to stop rodents?

WrEkkED said:
Why is pot so much more different? It's like god wants it to be a pain in the *** to grow LoL
The pot today is a result of a lot of genetic mixing to improve the plant. It's been improved to the point that it can use much more care than it's hemp cousin. Sure, you throw some seeds out in the right place and they'll grow like crazy. I live in a lush part of Florida. I could heave a hand full of seeds in my front yard and they would be growing in 1,000 year old dirt and gator crap. The Sunshine State is good for pot.

If you're going to grow it indoors however, an entire set of rules come into play. If you were to do like the other member suggested and grow tomatoes indoors, you'd not have to fear the cops and you could learn how to manage a hydroponic or indoor dirt grow perfect. That's damn good advice. For about 30 bucks a month, you can have a bunch of Maters and learn what to, and not to do in a pot grow indoors.

The equipment would be the same, the nutes will have to be handled the same and the daily process would train you for a pot grow.

Here's an added bonus; Hydroponic vegetables have much more vitamin content than commercially grown veggies. An example is tomatoes. A pound of soil grown, commercial tomatoes have 400 units of vitamin A. The same pound of Hydroponically grown tomatoes have 4,000 units of vitamin A.

If you have trouble getting your kids to eat a salad, have em eat a hydroponic salad just twice a week and your covered the same as if they ate one made from commercial veggies every day. Juice? Awesome.

I have an 80 plant hydro garden in my front yard.

Good luck to you, whatever you do.

you're making me hungry for a damn tomato sandwhich now. LoL

WrEkkED said:
I'm thinking I might grow out in the forest off of this ATV trail near me. Lots of space where no one goes or anything. But I won't be able to check on it much because it's kinda far away. Just wondering if it is possible to just plant a seed and let it grow rather than germinating and everything. And is there anything you can do to stop rodents?
That sounds like a great idea man. You can dig the hole, add the prepared mix, put the plant in, and be gone in 30 minutes. How's the water for the plant in that area? Does it rain enough? Like I said, I live in Florida. It rains here like crazy. It might be an issue where you are tho'.

WrEkkED said:
you're making me hungry for a damn tomato sandwhich now. LoL
Man! I love Mater sandwhiches. Miracle Whip, Maters, salt and pepper. I'm good!

Hey, I'm going into chat for awhile. Come on in if you would like to chat.

Latest posts

Back