Lucas Formula vs. Flora Nova

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmd420

SUPERBABY
Reaction score
I use the Lucas formula with GH but I have a bottle of the Flora Nova Grow for my plants in veg...

anybody have any experience with both of these? Any preferences?

I have used both, Flora Nova is thick and gunky, turns water brown and stains roots if you can see them, its harder to PH balance... It works though.. Nova does lack in the cal-mag department also..

Flora series is liquid, little to no noticable color difference in the water. Easy to PH balance, pour, measure and all that stuff...

LOL--this is funny. I find that I have an easier time keeping my pH stable with the Flora Nova than either the 3 part GH or the Lucas formula. I actually have to screw with the pH very little--it is almost always right on after I add the nutes. And if my ppms are okay, the pH stays stable. I got the Nova because I wanted to try a 1 part nutrient, but I am adding Cal-Mag so I guess that it isn't a 1 part nute :p

The brown color doesn't bother me at all. It just kind of looks like some organic teas.

Not the reply you are looking for but after YEARS of struggling with GH I moved to Pure Blend Pro. One part, no mixing. Little to no ph balancing required as it contains its own ph buffers (depending on your starting water). It has no salts, so no leeching and no lockup. Did I mention no mixing??? Once I switched I was SO happy!!! Organic too and very tough to burn the ladies. Simple as it gets. I wouldn't lie! :)

The Hemp Goddess said:
LOL--this is funny. I find that I have an easier time keeping my pH stable with the Flora Nova than either the 3 part GH or the Lucas formula. I actually have to screw with the pH very little--it is almost always right on after I add the nutes. And if my ppms are okay, the pH stays stable. I got the Nova because I wanted to try a 1 part nutrient, but I am adding Cal-Mag so I guess that it isn't a 1 part nute :p

The brown color doesn't bother me at all. It just kind of looks like some organic teas.

I have a similar experience with keeping the ppms dialed in...pH usually isn't a concern...

I'll cal mag it as well...should I add my Floralicious Plus?

I don't think I'm going to change mid-grow on my teenagers, though.. that just makes me nervous, so I will wait until the babies are older then I'll give it a go.....

Brown roots don't bother me either, but it's still good to know in advance that might happen...
THX:)

MikeOrganix said:
Not the reply you are looking for but after YEARS of struggling with GH I moved to Pure Blend Pro. One part, no mixing. Little to no ph balancing required as it contains its own ph buffers (depending on your starting water). It has no salts, so no leeching and no lockup. Did I mention no mixing??? Once I switched I was SO happy!!! Organic too and very tough to burn the ladies. Simple as it gets. I wouldn't lie! :)

to add...if youre using 100% organic nutes just ph your starting water then mix. no need to try & adjust ph after. this will disrupt all the goodness living in there & that is their job to adjust the ph for you. noticed alot of ppl have been talking of adjusting nutes after mix. thats a no no. not trying to pick on yah.

ces nutes are a good example of this. friend of mine is using them & starting w/ 6.2-6.5 ro & after adding nutes will often find ph from mid 4's to high 5's. plants are very good looking & lush to boot.

Latest posts

Back