male or female?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CasualGrower said:
OK, the first pics looked male to me... still a lil early to tell for sure but looked male........ the second pic you posted looks female..... IF that is on the same plant GET RID OF THAT POS!!!!!!! burn it........ run it over with your car several dozen times.. whatever............... natural hermie Bleh!!!!!!.... but I would give it a few more days heh... still kinda early to tell heheehheheeh
yes break it up and shove it in a cup, add some gas, and have a nice fire on the back porch ;)

whiterussian said:
yes break it up and shove it in a cup, add some gas, and have a nice fire on the back porch ;)

I was actually going for 10 ounces dry... Your post inspired me whiterussian...

Yeah dude, give it a few days and snap a new pic. However, by then you'll know what you have before posting. It's simple, small white hairs at the nodes = female, small footballs, or nuts or balls as most like to call them = male.

If they are feminized seeds you more then likely pop all females or possibly a hermi here and there. Males should be a rarity...

taken a few minutes ago

IMG_2336.JPG

IMG_2335.JPG

well... from the first pic, it appears it is starting to alternate at the green arrow, and it looks like the alternation of a male is happening, but I can't tell for sure cuz I can't see the nodes above that one...

in the second pic, the pink arrow is pointing to, what I call, the "split" at the node, which is just the way the plant grows, but some people confuse this with being a pistil - hense "a hermie" when a "male" shows his junk...

now the green arrow of this pic is pointing to what could, unfortunately, be balls in the very early stage.

my advice is to look at the plant above where the green arrow is in the first pic to see if you can tell the alternating pattern by comparing to pics in my Growing Guide thread http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26820

at any rate... I would let it grow out a little longer till you can deffinitly be sure... as I've mentioned before, a male takes weeks to actually drop his pollen when balls start to show... it takes a while for the sacks to grow out and open up.

here, jonny... here's what pollen sacks are gunna grow out to look like... can you tell from your picks?... I can't tell if that's what they are... just wait, man... these have been showing for well over a week, and they still got a ways ta go, by the looks of it....

this is why the plant is bent over like that... I tie it down and shape it to make it easier to collect the pollen when it's gunna drop it. I'll stack up something underneath it with tinfoil on top to collect the pollen when it falls. (for breeding purposes)

first picture is definitely a male. that sucks, just make another one.

That crazy vancouver guy said:
well... from the first pic, it appears it is starting to alternate at the green arrow, and it looks like the alternation of a male is happening, but I can't tell for sure cuz I can't see the nodes above that one...

in the second pic, the pink arrow is pointing to, what I call, the "split" at the node, which is just the way the plant grows, but some people confuse this with being a pistil - hense "a hermie" when a "male" shows his junk...

now the green arrow of this pic is pointing to what could, unfortunately, be balls in the very early stage.

my advice is to look at the plant above where the green arrow is in the first pic to see if you can tell the alternating pattern by comparing to pics in my Growing Guide thread http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26820

at any rate... I would let it grow out a little longer till you can deffinitly be sure... as I've mentioned before, a male takes weeks to actually drop his pollen when balls start to show... it takes a while for the sacks to grow out and open up.

What do you mean by Alternating Node?

u know when a plant starts... a seedling... the leaves, at the nodes, are directly across from each other, in pairs, right?... after a while the plant matures, and begins to have the nodes separate so that they are no longer directly across from each other... they alternate like the teeth in a zipper.

Latest posts

Back