Manel's Lowryder 2(2nd grow)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manels1111

Master Noob
Reaction score
Well had a little hiatis(if thats how you spell it). Just getting going on my second grow of lowryder 2. First grow was definantly a success and I plan on improving this one.

Here is the setup pretty much same as last.

600w hps start to finish
fox farm ocean forest soil
fox farm full line of nutes

Seeds popped in Rapid Rooter starter plugs yesterday for the most part. These are the lowryder seeds I harvested off my last crop. 9 out of my 10 popped. I'm going to transplant into 1 gal containers tomorrow in which they will stay until they are sexed in a couple weeks. I will have some pictures of them tomorrow on transplant day.

Until then here is a couple pics from last grow. I had an N defiency midway through flower which I intend to fix this time with giving some veg nutes until 4 weeks old.

group10.jpg

purple1.jpg

hey manels, I watched your first llr2 grow and I was and am jealous(envious). Anyway, did you experement with container size and what do you use...? 1gal...?.

looks like you got some good bud of those...my first indoor grow was lr2 as well...i used 1 gal containers...i feel like they could have used the extra space tho so next time will be atleast 2gal...they look good tho what light sched did you use? i did 18/6...herd it was the best for these little guys

Thanks guys. Actually I just put them in 1 gal containers at a few days old but in a couple weeks when they show sex I transplant to their final container which I figured is about 2.75 gallons. Its kind of a wide pot more so then tall. I've heard thats not the best but its worked for me.

I'm going to keep them on 18/6 same as last. The buds look good in the pics but they weren't super dense due to what I believe was a nitrogen difiency(90% sure of it). Will know for sure if that was the problem this time around.

One thing of note on my last grow I transplanted my girls to the 2.75 gal containers about 16 days old and they just exploded after that in height. I think 1 gal is probably to small to maximize your plant imo.

Also I hope I actually only get a 50% ration girl/male.I have 9 seedings going right now I really only want to have about 5 or 6 girls under my 600w this time. Last time I think I had 10 and that also lead to a little less dense bud. I'm being really critical the bud was super crystally and very nice but I'm shooting to improve of course :)

Summary about the only thing I'm going to change this time is Grow Big veg nutes between week 2 through 4. Last time I started straight into bloom nutes at 2 weeks.

We'll see what happens.

Followed last journal and was inspired enough to order seeds. What was approx. yield off last 10?

Probably around a modest 6 oz. roughly. I took 3 plants at like 45 days old because they looked good and was tired of paying for smoke. Along with 10 under 1 600hps not to bad. I hope to get about 1oz a plant this time around which I think is definantly possible. We'll see. I'd rather get super nice nugs weighing 6oz on 6plants then 10 plants producing then same 6oz on good but not perfect bud.

I will say I had non stop compliments on the smoke and friends I gave some to would always tell me about people they shared with hounding them where they got it cause it was far different from smoke around here in a good way. And I think I didn't do that great of a job on the first go around.

manels1111 said:
Probably around a modest 6 oz. roughly. I took 3 plants at like 45 days old because they looked good and was tired of paying for smoke. Along with 10 under 1 600hps not to bad. I hope to get about 1oz a plant this time around which I think is definantly possible. We'll see. I'd rather get super nice nugs weighing 6oz on 6plants then 10 plants producing then same 6oz on good but not perfect bud.

I will say I had non stop compliments on the smoke and friends I gave some to would always tell me about people they shared with hounding them where they got it cause it was far different from smoke around here in a good way. And I think I didn't do that great of a job on the first go around.

Kudos. It's been a while since I have been able to say that about my smoke, as my outdoor ventures the past few years have been mostly tended by friends, so I didn't really do a whole lot other than get the clones, they tended to them, and we harvested together. I got a lot less than what I used to when I grew myself, but I didn't have the time.

You just got me excited for what will hopefully be my first succesful indoor grow, and the first bud in a couple years I have actually tended to myself. Definatly wish you luck my friend.

Thanks Trent,

I will say its been cold here during the winter and having plenty of smoke was rather lazy getting my next grow going. I finally just got myself to get some seeds going and I'm pretty excited again about this grow.

Cold here two. After my first two plants were male, I was kinda bummed about the set back. But I now have some 3 week + old plants on me, 4 of which are female, and I'm thinking all 6 are going to be female, so i have a tight cabinet on my hands. Not sure if I will have to do some LST, chop one or two down, do some pruning...Who knows. I too am excited again.

i hear what our saying about the N defficiency...i had the same problem with the buds not being too dense...like i had a couple midjets with short dense buds ...like they were just one main cola..there were like 2 of those and the others just grew normaly with kind of airy buds...smoke was unbelievable tho....but like you manels i am a perfectionist and would like to do another lr2 grow myself to get what i think they could be out of the plant

Cool. Thanks for everyone stopping in. One other variable I am changing and forgot to mention is I had white plastic on my bench that all the pots sat on and I had white perlite about an inch think covering the container tops as you probably noticed in my last grows pictures. Anyhow this time I'm going away with white underneath. I have read a few mention white under an MJ plant makes it stretch due to thinking it has competition underneath reflecting light.

So really veg nute week 2 through 4 and no white material under canopy are the only changes.

Here are a couple pics about 3 days old.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Everything is looking pretty good. They seem to be just a tad bit behind my last grow maybe a day at most. Could be to the cold temps in room after light goes off.

Anyway other then that things are looking good. I've water twice with ph'd water only no nutes yet.

102_1541.JPG

102_1542.JPG

102_1543.JPG

Got a new bulb for my 600w today. A Hilux Grow. Suppose to have extra blue spectrum for veg part of growth.

Attached is the details of the bulb

bulb.jpg

Grow is going ok but I ran into some really cold weather and my basement when the light was going off was getting way to cold so the plants are off to a semi slow start. They are 18 days old and I just sexed them. I ended up with 5 females. I'm getting some light greening from something. I hope its the cold weather.

I changed my light schedule around though so my light is on at midnight on so that its at least some what warm during the coldest part of the night. I think its helping.

I will post some pics this weekend. Side note its so cold I can keep my 600w about 15 inches from the tops of the plants and these things are very compact with new nodes growing right next to each other. My summer grow I had the lights about 2 feet off the plants.

Latest posts

Back