Maybe a sign of a female

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Reaction score
I looked at one of my flowering plants today and seen signs of preflowering. It looks like a oval or football shaped coming out between the nodes. Is this a sign of preflowers and is it female? Any replies would be appreciated

Later:cool:

Heres acouple charts to take a look at until you post some pics for us.

Once the preflower shows does it take a day or two for the hairs to open up or show. Cause I just for the first time seen the signs of preflowers at 11am this morning. Right now I would say it looks more like the female preflower than the male. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Yes, it takes a day or two for the hairs to come out. They'll be very tiny at first -- you almost have to use your imagination that they are hairs. But once you see that, they will grow quite quickly. By the next day or so they will be obvious.

Yeah over the last 8 hours they have become more like hairs. Light green on bottom and white look a little wavy. Does this sounf like a female.:D

Yes, if there are hairs coming out, they are female. Get a magnifying glass and take a close look. They will be coming out of a little calyx that looks just like a green teardrop.

The hairs are about 2mm but dont really see a developed calax yet. I think I spotted these too early now it is making me nervous vecause the preflowers are so small even with mag. glass. Where do bud sites all grow on a female plant. Does the male develop flowers in different places than the female? Alright well after looking at the picture above again Im about 90% sure this is a female plant. Thanks for all of the great pictures and info guys.

How many thorns are on each side of a plant. Is there two on each side of the stem at each node. The hairs I see are in the middle of the node. So these hairs couldnt be thorns right.

God I wish I had a camera so I could show you guys.

pateince will tell noodles...be virtuous..;)
"Patience is a virtue"..so I'm told

Yeah I got a feeling these plants are going to take their sweet time before they are ready. The ones that I have flowering right now are bagseed. I also have some shiva and few mixed. Does anyone know the time it takes for a shiva strain. Im too lazy to look? So, Hick got any info on shiva strains?

Hey noodles, I'm new to growing so take this for what it's worth, but on MY PLANTS (white widow) I have notices that the male 'balls" always come in clusters...there are usually 2 or 3or 4 balls forming together, while the females there is just one with the little hair coming out.
Again, there may be variation from strain to strain, or even variation within the same strain, but this has been my experience with my plants.
But like Hick says, give it time...you'll know for sure before long.;)

Yeah I dont see anything even close to a cluster yet but Ill keep my eyes open. Thanks for the replies.

Latest posts

Back