Members Only

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_4852.jpeg

Chopped another Hairberry yesterday.
This plant was a little runty, but I will take what I can get, lol.
IMG_4851.jpeg

Wishbone is at 79 days, and showing a little amber.
I am gonna chop her as soon as the Hairberry is dry enough to jar.
IMG_4850.jpeg

A Suger Belts went into 12/12 today.
IMG_4849.jpeg
IMG_4848.jpeg

The Frankenstein’s in the orange pots, and the Passion Fruit in the black pots are coming along nicely.
IMG_4847.jpeg

4 Goji x SSDD seeds went into the dirt today.

IMG_4864.jpeg
IMG_4860.jpeg

Chopped the Banana Mango x Chocolate Skunk at 81 days.
This thing went from smelling like wasp spray, to smelling dead up like pinesol.
IMG_4874.jpeg

The flower tent looks kind of sad now that Ole’ Wishbone is gone.
IMG_4875.jpeg

This Sugar Belts looks like it’s planning to bring the happy back.

IMG_4902.jpeg

A little over a week ago, I stuck four
Goji x SSDD seeds in the dirt.
Usually, I stick a seed in a peat pellet, and cover the seed with whatever dirt I scrape off the top of the pellet.
I decided to cover the seeds with worm castings last time.
The castings grew some kind of white fuzzy mold on top of it, and the seeds never sprouted.
I planted 3 more Goji x SSDD seeds this past Monday, without worm castings, and have action out of two of them today.
IMG_4903.jpeg

Topped some plants, and took some cuttings today.
IMG_4908.jpeg

@Carty says I can up my veg game if I switch to these lights he recommended.
They are pretty cheap, and should pay for themselves pretty fast now that I won’t be buying anymore of the HOT5 bulbs.
IMG_4906.jpeg

So, the HOT5 came out today.
IMG_4909.jpeg

And this pair of 4’ LED lights went in.
They daisy chain together, so adding more lights down the road, if I wish, will be a snap.
IMG_4910.jpeg

They are a noticeably whiter light spectrum than the old HOT5.
Gave me a couple more inches of headroom, too.

In 2wks you'll be like... omg what happened. these out perform my Spider Farmer SF1000 light big time. I even had professional growers ask me why my veg game was so solid. I believe it's the daylight spectrum of the lights vs yellow lights that are more for flowering like HPS lighting is.. maybe run one of your yellow lights in between these 2 and introduce them at week 2 of flowering or something... I'd do a run with just these first though....
Daisy chaining is awesome, you can add more lights so easily, even run a set along the backside for lower branch lighting....
Go gettem brother...

View attachment 354897
A little over a week ago, I stuck four
Goji x SSDD seeds in the dirt.
Usually, I stick a seed in a peat pellet, and cover the seed with whatever dirt I scrape off the top of the pellet.
I decided to cover the seeds with worm castings last time.
The castings grew some kind of white fuzzy mold on top of it, and the seeds never sprouted.
I planted 3 more Goji x SSDD seeds this past Monday, without worm castings, and have action out of two of them today.
View attachment 354898
Topped some plants, and took some cuttings today.
View attachment 354899
@Carty says I can up my veg game if I switch to these lights he recommended.
They are pretty cheap, and should pay for themselves pretty fast now that I won’t be buying anymore of the HOT5 bulbs.
View attachment 354900
So, the HOT5 came out today.
View attachment 354901
And this pair of 4’ LED lights went in.
They daisy chain together, so adding more lights down the road, if I wish, will be a snap.
View attachment 354902
They are a noticeably whiter light spectrum than the old HOT5.
Gave me a couple more inches of headroom, too.
One of the T5 tubes looks dim but I have a couple of 10000k with UV A that are bright as hell to the eye but look dim in pics. Probably the UV hurting my retinas😂

In 2wks you'll be like... omg what happened. these out perform my Spider Farmer SF1000 light big time. I even had professional growers ask me why my veg game was so solid. I believe it's the daylight spectrum of the lights vs yellow lights that are more for flowering like HPS lighting is.. maybe run one of your yellow lights in between these 2 and introduce them at week 2 of flowering or something... I'd do a run with just these first though....
Daisy chaining is awesome, you can add more lights so easily, even run a set along the backside for lower branch lighting....
Go gettem brother...
IMG_4921.jpeg

It’s only been 4 days and I can already tell a difference.
Thank you @Carty.

IMG_4920.jpeg

I was hanging plants in the woodshed over the winter and stripping fan leaves.
Noticed some volunteers today, lol.

IMG_4945.jpeg

Passion Fruit is looking awesome.
IMG_4951.jpeg

Potted some clones.
IMG_4949.jpeg

I am loving this new light, @Carty.
Definitely making a difference.
This pair of Frankensteins look like small trees. I am finally getting the squat, thick stemmed plants I have desired for so long.
IMG_4947.jpeg

Current state of veg.

And yeah, I know I need to trim up the bottoms of those seedlings on the top shelf, lol.

I miss mine bro.... some of the best vegging I've ever had. My wife says I give to much of my gear away.. guilty. But, every time I help or give extra it comes back to me 10 fold.. plus I meet people like you bro and so so many others. I'd replace my Spider Farmer SF1000 with 4 of the 2 footers in a heart beat...

Remember, you can daisy chain them sucka's too... even 2ft to 4ft I imagine. makes for less wiring.

I'm so stoked for you finally seeing some of the traits you've always shot for now becoming reality.. makes growing much more rewarding.. so go gettem bro...

Passion Fruit sounds interesting... nice

I miss mine bro.... some of the best vegging I've ever had. My wife says I give to much of my gear away.. guilty. But, every time I help or give extra it comes back to me 10 fold.. plus I meet people like you bro and so so many others. I'd replace my Spider Farmer SF1000 with 4 of the 2 footers in a heart beat...

Remember, you can daisy chain them sucka's too... even 2ft to 4ft I imagine. makes for less wiring.

I'm so stoked for you finally seeing some of the traits you've always shot for now becoming reality.. makes growing much more rewarding.. so go gettem bro...

Passion Fruit sounds interesting... nice

The Passion Fruit better be nice, you sent it to me, lol.

Latest posts

Back