MeNtAlPaTiEnT's 400w HPS Box Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yummy cooola mental, let us know about the whiteberry, might be on the next order. Keep it up brother, whiteberry thoughts be with ya!

October 1

I've decided to take out one of my Whiteberry clone from the flowering box. For one, most of the hairs are mostly orange/brown. Secondly, it's got a mite problem that I can't seem to control. The longer she's in the box, the more of a chance she will allow a major outbreak on all my plants. So far, there's only a tiny amount of infection on the other plants if any at all. I've been spraying the plants' undersides with a mixture of insecticidal soap mixed with water. I recently was using a 100% soap application and it seemed to dry the leaves out a lot... I have a big feeling you're supposed to wash the leaves after applying.. Ah well. I'm hoping for at least 6 or 7 grams dry, but I'm not really good with weight, so it could be more or less. Weed grown by me is weed that I didn't have to pay for. :cool:

So now there's more room for the bigger whiteberry who's gearing up to grow some monster colas under the hps. Ohhh baby can't wait 'till there's some serious buddage in there! I've added a 42 w CFL with a 2700k spectrum with a reflector. I expect to see some enhanced growth with the added side lighting of the cfl.

Still got 4 plants vegging under cfl's... not much air flow in there and I think the plants are disliking it. They are growing kind of funky and slow... I've added a little computer fan in there to spice things up a bit...

Oh and a bunch of outdoor plants I had ended up growing seeds! Now, I'm not sure if the father was a whiteberry clone stressed and turned hermie, or it might have been one of the mystery strains I was growing for a little bit. I brought a seedling back from the woods one day and left it to veg, and that might have been the father... so the seeds might be WhiteBerry x ?? . I plan to germ a couple in the months to come and grow them out, see how they do!

pic1.gif

pic2.gif

pic3.gif

pic4.gif

pic5.gif

Lot of seed mental r u sure its a male and not a tranny? Looking good, I'll be there for harvest:p Sorry to hear about the whiteberry, i saw the beans on the tude and thinkin about putting them on the next shipment. Pure mojo yo ya!

Hey thanks for stoppin by chef!

"are you sure it's a male and not a tranny"
Are you referring to my big flowering plant in the box? The seeds came from outdoor plants that were pollinated by either an outdoor hermie or a male from a miscellanious strain... I'm sort of hoping they came from the male of the unknown strain because from what I experience with that particular strain is that it grows big buds with rather insignificant light. Then when you give it lots of light, the buds explode! So I'd be quite happy if I ended up crossing WB with this unknown strain. The resulting genetics might be quite interesting....

I'm sure you'll absolutely love how beautiful whiteberry grows throughout its vegetative stage, and in the flowering stage, you'll be in awe at the giant colas it produces. When they are getting bigger, the first couple of branches will eventually grow thick stems over time and will be the branches that support the most and heaviest buds... For my WhiteBerry I have going now, the biggest colas are long thick branches that were the first few original branches... so leave 'em there if you're thinkin of cutting them for whatever reason. Anyways, hopefully I'm not ranting on stuff you already know... this wb kicks my *** haha. Happy toking bro!

October 9

Mmm... love the autumn. Nice cool air, the sweet aroma of decomposing leaves. Gotta love it.

Snapped a few shots of the ladies, not the greatest but you see what's there. Colas are developing nicely and trichrome production is increasing. You can see the thc starting to cover entire nugs instead of just the small little leaf tips coming off the buds. Aroma is increasing as well. They are getting sweeter smelling, more tasty and pungent.

I now have two 42w cfl's /w reflectors rated at 2700k shining on the shaded areas and the sides of the colas. I rotate the plant every few days so I can shine the CFL's on multiple specific spots such as colas. The CFL's can add a little extra punch when you get 'em up close with a reflector...

I am looking forwards to what the main cola will yield. It is almost situated right under the bulb at all times, even when I rotate the plant every couple of days. Only time will tell...

I think the big lady has about 20-30 days left to flower. So the next few weeks are going to be dramatic! :D

pic1.gif

pic2.gif

pic3.gif

Ooooohhh nioce buds bud. Rotation is the key with side cfl's, have noticed one side gets better develpoed if not rotated right before you lay down. Lookin yummy mental ordered whiteberry, can't wait fer it to get in! Whiteberry mojo to ya!

Very nice MP Green mojo for your grow ! I see once again that the foil is in demand you seem to always produce nice nugs ! Good luck and stay safe as usual !

Smot_poker said:
damn man, that is a nice set up you got going.
Thanks smot, it's a super simple set-up but it works fine. Just a simple air intake and the door to the box acts as an outtake.

the chef said:
Ooooohhh nioce buds bud. Rotation is the key with side cfl's, have noticed one side gets better develpoed if not rotated right before you lay down. Lookin yummy mental ordered whiteberry, can't wait fer it to get in! Whiteberry mojo to ya!
Heyy chef, I'm glad you ordered some whiteberry. I think it's a super great investment no matter the price. She just grows so dang crystally when she's flowering, and short and squat when she's vegging. How much did you pay for your seeds? I ended up paying 200 bucks for 5 fem'd seeds a while ago, and this big whiteberry I'm growing is my last one, luckily I've got a few clones rocking in the vegging box right now though.

purplephazes said:
Very nice MP Green mojo for your grow ! I see once again that the foil is in demand you seem to always produce nice nugs ! Good luck and stay safe as usual !
Thanks for stopping by purple! Foil?? Tin foil you mean? Last I remember seeing, tin foil isn't as reflective as what's on the walls in my grow box ;). I'm hoping for some real monster nugs, but we'll see. Last time around, my main cola weighed in at around 53 grams wet using CFL's. Let's hope the HPS make a difference :).

I went with 3-$15.00 in the pik-n-mix at the tude to top off my sagarmanthas mix seed pack. If she does well like your showing us, i'll prob. end up getting the 10 pack. Wonder about crossing her with big bud? What ya think?

Right on chef, I'll be super stoked to see how your white berry's come along. Are they feminized or no?

October 11

The big lady seems to have gotten over a minor mite problem she was starting to get a little while ago. Temps dip at night to about 16C and I'm assuming the mites hate it. I'm sure having reasonable temperature and humidity is also helping. :cool:.

Small nutrient problem on some leaves, guess I gotta lay it low on the nutes for the next little bit. In some of the pics you might be able to spot some burns. Yikes!

Took a few shots of her bud development, things are looking up! She only has a few main predominant colas because a long while ago, she had a few of those would-be-colas snapped from the beginning, so I could have had probably 2 or 3 more nice sized colas growing but oh well. I'm happy with what I have so far!

pic1.gif

pic2.gif

Looking good Mental....seem to love that HPS....and yeah I see the bits of nute burn...not to bad though...

Mental the patient!, yeah my whites are fems gotta a great deal because of the mix pack and the tude threw in the usual freebies, they rock! Your ladies are lookin greenage happy! I got another auto and a super skunk going right now so waiting on room and delivery, keep up the awsome work, green eyes are watching!

Yeah ham, thankfully most everything is green. I'd hate to seriuously damage her with nutes at this time.

Sounds good chef, thanks for watching!:watchplant:

Thanks bombbud, they have a sort of sour fruity smell almost right now. The smell develops into a thicker, bag-penetrating odor as the plant matures... On my last WB harvest, it was almost like the smell stuck to your tongue.

wow mental nice looking hps grow you got going here. I must admit I was always very curious to see what you could do with a hps after seeing the amazing results you achieved with cfl's. This is just as I expected... nothing short of spectacular. You really do have a green thumb buddy and it shows.

As for the mite issues I can really feel your pain on that one, took out an entire crop of mine. Those little bastards are relentless! GGGgggrrrrr

Thanks for stopping by lordhigh! I'm hoping to see a dramatic increase in size this time around with the bigger light, we shall see what happens. I think she must have at least 15 days to go. I wish I recorded the exact date... won't ever forget to again. So the next couple of weeks I hope to see the buds fatten up!
Yeah, mites are no fun. The last clone I harvested, I had to chop her down early because I simply could not control the mite outbreak she had. She would have been a major impact on the other plants if not removed. I have learned not to bring outdoor plants indoors without first literally looking at the plant to see if there's any infection of some sort. Kind of a no-brainer huh? :p

October 12

All the plants will be moved into a tighter, smaller area very soon. So hopefully with the smaller space, more light will be reflected back at the plant. Plus, the new space is going to be 95% more stealthy and secure....

Moved the big plant more directly under the bulb... don't know why I didn't do this last week! Now all 3 main colas are getting a good dose of light compared to before.

Looking great. What a great amount of bud from one light on all the plants. I cannot wait to get my 400 once my first grow is over. Looking really good and green. What nutes do you use? I missed it if you posted that info.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back