MG Blues !!! Any SUGGESTIONS ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrandDaddyToke

SEE U ON THE DARK SIDE
Reaction score
I want to blame it on the MG but its probaly me. This is my first grow so my patience has not been the best . Always wanting to fatten up my Girls!!:rant: !! I used Mg soil and had problems! I think with whats all-ready in the Mg its hard @ least for me to figure out what to add. I burnt my ladies with adding 1/4 strength MG liquid ferts.They are in 4th week of flowering with lots of nice pop-corn buds but lots of burn and shriverling up on some of my plants leaves. The buds seem ok nice and white.But I now something is not right. Friday I added 1 gallon of pure distiled water to each 3 gallon pot. I hope this helps. (not sure when to water again) I would like to be able to add some Fox Farm prouduts befor they get to the last couple of weeks or so of flowering. Flower 8 to 9 weeks. I purchased the Fox Farm soil and their whole line of fertilizers for my next grow. I have 20 WW beans and want to do it right next time. I also added another 400 watt HPS because of the size. This gives me 3 400 watt changable MH or HPS lighting. Any thoughts on what to do with the 4 to 5 weeks I have left with these?? I have 9 to work with.
THIS IS THE WORST ONE
011.JPG

BUD SHOT
008.JPG

WASTED PICTURE
010.JPG

:D THANKS IN ADVANCE :D

dont use any mirclegrow products. bout the best advice i can give you on that one. even if you flush odds are you still have the fert pellets in the soil that burn MJ in flowering because its all timed released. i would transplant into good soil if yer still a ways away flower.i know some ppl might say its desperate but its better to have a growth stunted alive plant at harvest with a decent yeild than a near-dead burned one.

Yeah man...the MG soil just has stuff that messes up your ratios of nutes when feeding.
just go with a personalized mix or plain soil.

It says on the MG bag "feeds for 90 days". If you're starting from seeds don't give it anything but water. Vegg your plant for at least 3 months. There are a couple of reasons to do this. When you're ready to flower switch the lights and give them a half strength dose of high "P" ferts like 15-30-15.Don't over water and don't feed with every watering. My Hempbuddy, Cowboy. and I visit and talk to "our babies" every day.I think there's a study somewhere that says that talking to plants could possibly,maybe,theoreticly in some plants may or may not cause increased growth.vigor and increased yields and other good stuff. I just know that it's good for Cowboy.the"babies"and myself. Usandthem and Cowboy (Alias) from where the grass is blue.

MG is fine to use for MJ. It gets young seedlings off to a great start. If the grower decides to add nutes (despite MG containing 60-90 days of fert) then its their loss when the plant burns for not reading/following/understanding a simple instruction like 'does not require feeding for first two months'.

In this case it's not a problem with the soil used, it's a problem with the grower.

lol u can use all the MG you want, but dont recommend it to other growers espicially noobs with no expierence. mircle grow soils are bad for MJ ESPICIALLY the ones with time release fert.

step up to the plate and buy professional potting mix with lots of perlite and good drianage theres nothing wrong with organics!.

I use MG and got great resulta from it theres nothing wrong with it but u jus gotta be careful of how much to feed them

trillions of atoms said:
lol u can use all the MG you want, but dont recommend it to other growers espicially noobs with no expierence. mircle grow soils are bad for MJ ESPICIALLY the ones with time release fert.

quote]

Sorry man but I strongly dissagree with this. IMO MG is a quality soil, plants just require a different level of care, this doesnt make growing any harder or easier it's just another way of doing it.

cjf2612 said:
MG is fine to use for MJ. It gets young seedlings off to a great start. If the grower decides to add nutes (despite MG containing 60-90 days of fert) then its their loss when the plant burns for not reading/following/understanding a simple instruction like 'does not require feeding for first two months'.

In this case it's not a problem with the soil used, it's a problem with the grower.

AMEN. I can't say that its the best soil out there for MJ because I've only used MG. But, I have never had any problems with it burning plants. Stop fertilizing. Pay attention to your plants and learn to read them and you can grow in red clay.

Mg will work it just isn't optimum like fox farms ocean forest. I would transplant the plants into 5 gallon pots and use the ff soil for the balance of the soil. This will give your plants some fresh ph balanced soil to spread their roots into. I am going to transplant a few of my plants today that are 4 weeks in. They are already in ff soil they just need some more room.

After seeing many, many people try to use MG products for weed, I've seen more fail than succeed. Mostly because of adding even more nutes and additives.

If only MG is used, it will work. Not as well as some of the better nutrients that are made specifically for growing MJ, but it works well. You shouldn't add anything else to it.

Also, it's not good for flowering. The wrong ratios are in it. If you try to flower prior to 80-90 days of growth, the MG will cause problems.

If you grow until the MG is used up, then use a good flowering nute and you'll be fine.

Latest posts

Back