Monomary

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiwiana kronic

MaryJane Apreciation Club
Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is the first grow journal I have ever started and its a pleasure to share my growing experience with you all. I am absolutely fascinated with Marijuana in every aspect and I truly believe that "it is a blessing and not a curse" to the world.:smoke1:

I was given a clone of unknown strain, on the 7th of Janurary 2008 and it was 1 week old when I got it, with a really yellowed and withering bottom leaf which made it seem like the weakest of the bunch, but I wasn't complaining cos it was free! It is now at 7 weeks and 3 days old, and has been flowering for about 2 weeks.

I put it in YATES potting mix in this 15 Litre bucket which has a raised middle and drain holes. I also mixed in some Root Blast to the potting mix. Kinda wishing I had chosen a bigger bucket but I think it should have just enough room for the required root system.

We have had some beautiful sunshine here on the west coast of the North Island (NZ), one of the best summers I can remember, and this has boosted this plant incredibly.

I have fed it blood and bone mix with added Potassium, plus a potasium sulphate mix, just once every 2 weeks, we have had plenty of periodic rain to water it naturally and I have monitored it religiously to maintain peak conditions, and to kick off the stoner moths and bugs that aren't threatened by the masses of bug spray I use.

I have bent it over due mostly to security reasons as I have neighbours who could possibly notice it if pottering around in their gardens. I also think it allows more sunshine on more of the leaves, therefore increasing the rate of photosynthesis and growth.

I have pruned sparingly, with only the biggest fan leaves being removed periodically, I really just want nature to do its thing on this baby, with a bit of help with some good nutrients.

I welcome all your comments and suggestions, especially if someone can tell me what strain they think it is, any health notes, nutrient suggestions and if you can guess how much bud I it will yield, let me know, maybe I'll give a prize to the closest guess... !

Enough talking, here are the photos...

6-week-long-shot.jpg

6-weeks-old-starting-to-flower.jpg

6-weeks-old-starting-to-flower-closeup.jpg

7-week-closeup.jpg

7-week-closeup-hairs.jpg

7-week-long-shot.jpg

7-week-top.jpg

Whats up mang. May i say your lady friend looks great. Here's some GREEN MOJO to give her a boost. Whatever your doing mang keep it up as we all know it pays off in the end. Good luck on the rest of the grow and we'll be following. ;)

Just a couple of pics for the update... :)

She has had 1.5 litres water mixed with 5-10mls 8-2-8 blood & bone and 5mls Potassium Phosphate 'Pot Ash'. Basically everything you would give tomato plants to get nice juicy buds, I mean tomatos... ;)

Not much stickiness or anything looking too wicked going on yet, I hope that isn't an indication of lesser potency because I want the gnarliest nuggets in the west out of this baby!

21-feb-2008-long-shot.jpg

21-feb-2008-3.jpg

21-feb-2008-2.jpg

21-feb-2008.jpg

I went out into the beautiful sunshine and checked up on my girl, and who do I see but Spottle the cat, sprawled out beside it looking like he had just been knocked over by some kronic krystals. My cat loves budz too...!

Got stoned and took more photos:D

spottles slice of taradise.jpg

21-feb-2008-4.jpg

21-feb-2008-5.jpg

21-feb-2008-the-head.jpg

hertz : Good luck cuz.

Thanks for the props bro.

I have let her do her thing and sat back watching with delight, two days later she has some nice hairs and is looking healthy.

You can see the color change quite clearly as you compare the long shots from photos taken only 2 and 4 days ago.

I would love to give her some CO2 treatment somehow but can't think of a good easy way to do it, would those little CO2 airgun cylinders work if you added some sort of sprayer? Or those airblast compressed air cans? Would love to have one of those big oldskool CO2 fire extinguishers, I'd spray it in a small room and leave her in there for a few hours to soak it up. There are other methods of CO2 injection aren't there?

Saw a tiny spider on a branch so I squished it. Also saw lots of tiny white worm-like critters in the soil and considerable leave munching, should I be concerned?

23-2-2008-long-shot.JPG

23-2-2008-long-shot-side.JPG

23-2-2008-closerup.JPG

23-2-2008-closeup.JPG

23-2-2008-medium.JPG

Absolutely!! buy some neem/einstein oil and use it in the rec amount in a spray bottle. Also sandwich each of the leaves with a couple of damp sponges and pull towards yourself. See if the soil is infested, on which case you should use it on the soil only if it recomended..This should help to clear it up. do this ASAP

Not alot of intense sunshine this past week so the growth has really noticably slowed down, you wouldn't have this problem indoors would you fellow growers, alas this is an áu natural grow and nature will do as it pleases.

I found one very small spider which I squished, two green critters stuck to the underside of two leaves by what seemed to be some sort of spider web - promptly snipped the affected leaves from the plant, and also found a rolled up leaf containing a green caterpillar, and some cobweb looking material, also removed promptly. No sign of the small white caterpillars seen last update after spraying them and the rest of the topsoil with my insect gun.

Now she has been fully inspected and all critters removed, the surrounding area drenched in insect spray and a couple of light sprays on the plant. I'll have to keep a close eye on her every day and make sure those critters don't reappear, they can do alot of damage in a small amount of time and I DONT want to loose this baby due to them fckers.

No CO2 solution yet, might not bother with that now.

Still counting down the days...!

25-feb-2008-long-shot2.jpg

25-feb-2008-clsoeup.jpg

25-feb-2008-closerup.jpg

25-feb-2008-extreme-closeup.jpg

25-feb-2008-spindly.jpg

25-feb-2008-not-curledupleaf.jpg

25-feb-2008-not-curledupleaf-uncurled.jpg

25-feb-2008-not-cool.jpg

gagjababy said:
Absolutely!! buy some neem/einstein oil and use it in the rec amount in a spray bottle. Also sandwich each of the leaves with a couple of damp sponges and pull towards yourself. See if the soil is infested, on which case you should use it on the soil only if it recomended..This should help to clear it up. do this ASAP

I had a look around for einstein oil in NZ but couldn't find any stockests, but found similar products. If I see anymore spiders I'll go buy some but it seems to be OK after the insect gun spraying. Thanks for the info mate.

Just thought I'd give props to the maker of this forum as it is nicely organised and customised. I am also posting my updates on another website forum which uses exactly the same forum system but isnt nearly as flexible with the photos, the giving thanks option, has only 5 posts per page (annoying) etc.

So CHEERS TO YOU! :D

I love this photo showing how spindly / branchy it got with only 6 weeks vegetation, I thank the YATES soil for that, and will definitely stick to that brand.

attachment.php

Thoughts I'd show you the spray I have been using. It doesn't seem to have worked very well against the caterpillars, I just found another 2 !!! Anywhere there is a leaf overlap they crawl into and make a little nest, I'm glad I got these early or I think I'd be close to investation, but all 'looks' gravy for now
icon_smile.gif

I hate those critters getting in my maryj, let it be known that all critters will be chopped in half with my scissors when found, they are simply unacceptable! (all you critters reading this, be warned).

insect gun.jpg

i think your cat caught a wiff of the ladies perfume! looks like your weak clone has turned out great. cant wait to see her pack it on! thanks for the great pics.

hahaha!!! thanks for the laugh mate! my cat is so human like its crazy! he can roll the meanest blunt. haha

Thanks bro, Kill 'em All alright!!! - just gotta say this again though, its just one plant!!! ;) Multiple photos a bit confusing I guess, anyways it doesn't matter, just thought I'd point it out ... haha

Some thickening of the bud with increased white hairs, looking good.

I was a little late at putting her back outside so she had a bit of a sleep in and as a result she isnt quite so perky, the leaves are a little limp. Hopefully that wont matter though and today's bright sunshine will eventually perk her right up.

The only insects seen today are the little dark brown flying insect, I think we usually call these 'clicky bugs' due to the sound they make when they jump around. These fkers are enjoying some of my Taradise weed before I can, I think that's a bit rude of them - considering I'm the one responsible for it, so they all got the flick. Also saw one small harmless looking spider, so I squished it. :hitchair:

I have stopped spraying the insect spray on or near the plant, I'm now just spraying the area occasionally, with the plant removed. No aphids have been seen.

Anyone recognise the strain at all? :watchplant:

:afroweed:

27-feb-2008-long-shot.jpg

27-feb-2008-med-shot.jpg

27-feb-2008-med-shot2.jpg

27-feb-2008-med-aireal-shot.jpg

27-feb-2008-med-shot4.jpg

27-feb-2008-med-shot3.jpg

27-feb-2008-close-up.jpg

thats straight up hempire; the original hemperor! that stuff looks exactly like a picture of a hemp bud i used to have posted on my wall. i seriuosly doubt your growing that type pf hemp though! good outdoor grow.

OK so it's been ANOTHER 2 days, more thickening of the buds, more pungent and sweet aroma, more white hairs, more amber-ish glow and looking good.

Nothing else to report, all is good and here's some more photos from today.

Spider photo shows the spiders that have been hanging around, not much of a threat by the sounds of it, looks pretty harmless.

29-feb-2008-long-shot.jpg

29-feb-2008-med-shot2.jpg

29-feb-2008-med-shot.jpg

29-feb-2008-closeup.jpg

29-feb-2008-closeup2.jpg

29-feb-2008-closeup3.jpg

29-feb-2008-closeup-branch.jpg

spottle killer.jpg

spidy.jpg

Latest posts

Back