Monsters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenfriend

ganja farmer
Reaction score
ok ive done lots of growing indoors but never grown a single weed plant outdoors:eek:. i only will grow prob 10 plants so I want them to be huge monsters - like 6 ft tall and just as wide. where i live it starts raining in late october so i will need to harvest by then.

how big should the plants be when transplanted outdoors in march/april, approx how long would it take to grow to said size? and what size containers should I use to give ample space for roots, i was thinking wine barrels, too small? Thanks

i have seen 8 ft monsters in a half wine barrel
strains like timewarp and others from vancouver island seed company are breed for rain and harsher climate like you describe

25 gallon pot.

8ft high and 8ft wide.

If you need your plant to finish early, you need a heavily Indica dominant strain.

:peace:

think hard if you run across kc brains, they tend to have very poor genetic stability. seeps like they pop up in most threads like this.

100_3244.JPG

i grew this outdoors in uk weather ....last year 8.5ft
lotek =think hard if you run across kc brains, they tend to have very poor genetic stability. seeps like they pop up in most threads like this.
and it was kcbrains northen lights special ,clone :p so some do come good :peace:

Well my friend the best way I ever found to plant outdoors was summer in the southern hemisphere. We are closest to the sun in the winter in the U.S. but here in lima your winter is our summer. The best way I found to get the largest plants was to plant large size strains in pots in January, have them under a light system till about the second week of may. Then from there they get max light until harvest time in October, I tell you I had 10 ft high plants like that all the time. But it does take time and patients to get those "Big" plants.

You don't need more than a five gallon bucket. I have been growing sativas outdoors for many years, and I routinely have to top mine at eight feet or so, because they would go over ten feet otherwise and be visible over the top of my walls. I recommend you start the seeds indoors in February, veg for 6 weeks and then move them outdoors. Choose an appropriate strain. I am switching my outdoor grow from pure sativas to 50% hybrids this year, just an experimental strain I am trying, so I hope not to have too much height from the hybrids.

Thanks everyone
I have alota clones of purple kush, querkle, jack the ripper that are meant for indoor growing, hopefully they will do okay outdoors too. Will start some clones now under floros or in greenhouse, should be 3 ft by the time i transplant. the last frost comes in feb so depending on weather i would like to have everything planted by 4/20 so i'll have a solid 6 months of growtime outdoors:D

where would i find huge containers for the plants, are wine barrels expensive? or should I just to build them myself with plywood

greenfriend said:
where would i find huge containers for the plants, are wine barrels expensive? or should I just to build them myself with plywood
A trip to your local hardware store or home center would be a start. Any type of container 5 gallons and above would work. Start with plastic garbage cans or storage containers. You'd need to put drainage holes in it if it's not designed to be a planting container. The garden section may have a cheap plastic planting pot on sale. Use your imagination. It just needs to hold a "bucketload" of medium.

Steer clear of clear or opaque containers as algea growth in the planting medium would be a problem. Dark brown or black containers would work best.

You can make one out of wood, but it would be very heavy and not moveable. That may or may not be a problem.

they get pretty big without pots

pic is borrowed from subcool/mz. jill

endersgame10.jpg

Latest posts

Back