My Closet Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigweedo

Reaction score
What's up everyone,
So my 9 plants are 35 days old today. I am using 2 4 foot shop lights with 4 40 watt flours. They are in fox farm soil and love it. My tallest plant is around 10 inches and the widest is around 13 inches. Since I am growing them in my closet (about a 3x5 area) what type of grow technique should I follow. I was thinking of just growing them normally....topping or sea of green. I can't really decide!
What do you guys think?:headbang2:

DSCF0669.JPG

DSCF0670.JPG

DSCF0671.JPG

DSCF0672.JPG

Hey big weedo

Nice plants they look alot better than what mine are at the moment. keep it up

Hey Big. Your plants are looking good. I'm growing 12 of them and they are 30 days old today. Your plants look nice and strong. How are you planning on flowering them?

Thanks for the compliments. I want to use an hps! But what about the heat issues? Should I use a 250 or a 400?? Would you guys start topping right now or just get some mothers and have a nice little sog?? I def. don't know what options to choose.:eek:

Dude, that's the beauty of doing it yourself...you get too make the calls. You know the options. Personally, I'm going to flower 6 as soon as possible and veg the other 6 while the first 6 are flowering. I've already started LST on the 6 that are going to veg a while. I have a grow journal going if you want to check it out. I'm using all flourescents. Later.

Thanks for the reply. I just want to yield as much as possible without effecting the potency of the bud! :guitar:

bigweedo said:
Thanks for the reply. I just want to yield as much as possible without effecting the potency of the bud! :guitar:
Whats going on BW. May i say the young ladies are looking great. As long as you have the right venilation you could go with a 400 watt hps easy. I myself would go with LST. You can keep your plants small and make them nice and bushy. ;)

So my biggest plant def. has some white fuzz hairs coming out the top of the growth. Does this mean i have a hermie or just a plant showing it is female already?:afroweed:

bigweedo said:
So my biggest plant def. has some white fuzz hairs coming out the top of the growth. Does this mean i have a hermie or just a plant showing it is female already?:afroweed:
i would say that its showing u its a female do u have any pics of that?

Hey Guys,
Sorry it has taken me so long to repost some stuff, i've been pretty busy! So my plants are 45 days old and are looking healthy. Most plants are between 8-10 inches with the tallest being exactly at a foot. When should I start putting these plants under 12/12? Should I use a 250 watt hps or 400??:ccc:
P.S. I posted a pic of what seems to be my first female, and pics of a couple of the other plants.

DSCF0680.JPG

DSCF0681.JPG

DSCF0682.JPG

DSCF0683.JPG

Showing sex is an indication of maturity. You could probably go to 12/12 anytime now.

Shouldn't I start to flower at about 18 inches if i want the plants to be 3 feet? Maybe i should do sog and have 4 plants per square foot? I have 8 square feet in the closet.:peace:

:) :) :) They looking sweet there big'...nice close internode...:D
looking at the space you got i would use a 250w hps on 12/12 for the
first stage of flowering and for the final 3 weeks 400w hps ,but you
must be extracting the hot air out as heat in that amount of space will
be a real headach:) :) Good luck..;)

Hey Weedo. How big is the container they are in? Generally each gallon will be one foot for a mature plant, subject to variations in species, topping, LST, etc. I've read that plants can as much as triple in size from veg to harvest, so be careful they don't get to big for your closet. There is a guy that is out of room and having to rig all sorts of ways to get more room for his plants so he don't burn em. Your plants look great buddy. Later.

Im trying to get as much bud as possible, so i am thinking about doing a sog...what do you guys think? Would you do it with a 250 or 400? Also, with the heat issue....the door is open quite a bit, atleast 4 hours a day. I also have a 50 crm restroom fan. Would that be enough to get some ventilation in there? :tokie:​

Im using a 400 hps i would recommend the 400 and what kind is it hps or mh? you want as much lumens as possible.. i would assume lol im a sorta first time grower.. :D

as for the fan ( is it the intake - fresh air goin in to the grow room? that might be enuff... i dont have an intake on mine. my exuast fan that takes the hot air out sucks in fresh air from a hole at the lower end of the wall, and the exuast fan is at the top hence hot air rises..and i have no problems with a 400 hps temps are great

Latest posts

Back