My Closet Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The height is 5 feet until a shelf, then it goes up to 8 feet. The shelf is at 5 feet and is runs the whole way of the closet and is about 2 feet wide.

is it possible to remove the shelf?

or are you planning on keeping em short ( really short) and a 400 hps needs to be about 18 - 30 inches away from the plants.. so you might want to remove it??

and you definitely need a fan to take the air out of the closet to keep the heat down. and a fan for the fresh air intake? is your closet near a window?

I could possibly take the shelf out, but that is what's making me think i should do a sog. Would i yield more? And on the other side of room is the window. I am still confused, So i need a fan sucking air from the outside into the closet and another fan sucking air out of the closet ?:guitar:

Smell isn't really an issue at the moment. No parents are involved. So do i need two fans?

:) :) hi fokes here's my 2 pennies worth...:)

SOG is best done via clones , knowing that the mother is of good genitics.
there for you know the out come of the finished plant.....:) :)

Again me is new here so some might say otherewise:) :)

here's a pic to help:) :)

View attachment File0008.bmp

see if you had a window next to the closet then you would build a box to fit perfectly around the window.. that box will have a seperator in the middle about where the middle of the window would be. then open the top window a couple inches and the bottom window a couple inches

that box is the one on the right of the paint job and the window is the one on the left..

and you would use that ducting that you use for your dryer ( that plastic ducting):D

ok if smell isnt a problem.. then you could do with one fan as your EXAUST fan cuz u need to keep the temp down in the closet. one fan cuz you pry open your closet door often at least a few times a day?

and ok lost my thought brb,

you might be able to get away with not listening to me... lol if you did leave your shelf then sog isnt to bad of an idea... but then you might want to go 250 instead of 400.. cuz with the 400 you would need to take the shelf out to be able to raise it so the plants dont burn.. as for the 250 it might not burn in such a small area...

sorry for the confusion.. :D

I am scared to do the sog because this is from bagseed and i don't really know about the genetics. What would yield more...Growing some nice big plants or sog?:peace:

ahh yea thats a good thing to know

yea i think maybe in soil would be better although i am doin good bagseed to and im goin hydro a customized ebb and flow...

So my buddy gave me his 400 watt ballast. Should i start vegging with the hps or should i go out and buy a MH? information asap would be appreciated!:guitar:

I would use hps cuz u can use it for veggin flowering and clones.. but i believe metal halide is mostly used for veggin..

no need to spend more money on a other light.. :)

Thanks for all the input guys!! Where would be the best spot to pick up an hps bulb? Home depot...lowes...walmart? Or should I do it on the internet?:headbang:

the internet would pry be your best bet

actually ebay is where i got mine there cheap easy to find... search 400 hps and you should get sumthing. i spent bout 19 bucks and few bucks for shipping not to bad..

yea ebay does have those prices! can anyone think of somewhere to go that's cheap?

bigweedo said:
Hey Guys,
Sorry it has taken me so long to repost some stuff, i've been pretty busy! So my plants are 45 days old and are looking healthy. Most plants are between 8-10 inches with the tallest being exactly at a foot. When should I start putting these plants under 12/12? Should I use a 250 watt hps or 400??:ccc:
P.S. I posted a pic of what seems to be my first female, and pics of a couple of the other plants.

Hey nice looking plants. If you're referring to the green thorns coming from the stem that has you wondering if it's a female, both male and females have them. At least the strain I'm growing they do. I had one male and one female and they both had them. They won't start to show their gender until after you switch the light cycle. Good luck with your grow!

Latest posts

Back