My Kush Whorled Phyllotaxis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

massproducer

Reaction score
This is my whorled Phyllotaxis. That basically means that instead of 2 leaves coming from each node, it produces a 3rd or more. I have 3 leaves/branches coming from each node. This is somewhat common with some landrace indica's. This plants is very cool because it is kind of self topping, I do not have to pinch anything, it is just starting to grow out 3 tops, which is very hard to see by these pictures but thats what she is doing. The other cool thing is that whorled Phyllo's are usually male but mine is a female. I almost scrapped her a few times before she started to whorl, because the grow rate was slow, but now i know that the growth rate was slow because it was generating a 3 leaf and branch.

Well I just thought that I would share this with everyone. I love mutants

DSCF1024.JPG

DSCF1022.JPG

DSCF1021.JPG

DSCF1023.JPG

Thats pretty cool!! Why dont breeders make a strain that has that mutation? Id like to try it.

that looks a bit like one i have growing right now. it grew as if it had been topped from 'birth' and now has sprouted yet another branch right from the center (where it would usually be). crazy genetics FTW!

Ok here is an update on my freak of a plant. One of the nodes decided to grow an extra branch out of now where. I dont mean the same way it has, I mean where there should be 1 shoot there are 2. The plant has been growing 3 leaves at each node of a while now, but now it is even taking over the growth that was somewhat normal. If you look closely you can see 2 leaves but 3 shoots. 1 side is normal, for now while the other side has 2 branches coming from 1 leaf

It is kind of hard to see it in these pictures but the viewfinder on my camera is not working so I have to use the little eye hole and it is terrible.

DSCF1046.JPG

DSCF1045.JPG

Very cool. I will be following this so definitely keep us posted on your progress. Take care and be safe.

I actually was wrong, when i looked at the other side under my loup, i noticed that there are actually 2 shoots coming from that side as well, so this node will have 4 shoots from 2 leaves...Pretty cool

very cool, this plant will yeild more in the end! : pulling up a chair : cant wait for the smoke report! kudos :bong1:

Massproducer, what ever happened to this whorled phyllo? I also have 2 FEMALE whorled plants in my current grow journal. I love mutants :)

I also have a female like this atm. Seems a lil more common than I thought. Thought I was special:(.

Latest posts

Back