My very first grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh shizzle, twins, damn i should have read a bit closer, hey man thats cool, now the trick is to see if there both female, that would be a trip. in theory there identical in genetics right? have you done any research on twins?

Dc

i am sorry to say the baby twin didnt make it. I transplanted the little one but he didnt make it. I didnt really know twins was possibe, everybody had me convince i was stoned and put 2 seeds in one pot. I still have 8 left.
I transplanted the 3 big ones into 3 gallon pots. That was my first experience with transplanting, it was a little nerveracking but I think I did alright. I hope they didnt get shocked too bad.
The 3 oldest are gonna be 4 weeks since day I planted tommorow. How much longer should they veg? I thought most people start flower at 4 weeks, but i dont think they are ready. Any opinions?
Also I am gonna build flower room this weekend and get a squirrel cage fan. Does anyone know any links to building grow room? I am not sue how big I am gonna make it. The room is 3'9" wide so I was thinking 3 feet by 3'9". Does that sound good for 400 hps or should i go a little smaller?

I am going to start building my flower room today. I went and got some 2x4s and 4x8 sheets of mdf. I also picked up a 265 cfm squirrel cage fan. I think im gonna make it 3x3x7' tall. Does anyone have any good links to building flower room? Any ideas?

400 should be ok in 3x3...you want roughly 50watts/5000 lumens per sq foot. line it with mylar and it should be plenty.sounds like you got a good plan,cant wait for the green.good luck

go get some superthrive, that will help your plants with shock, its mainly vitamin B-12, which is nutes the plant can assimilate immediatly.

Dc

Thought i would throw up some pics and quick update. I started full strength nutes on 3 oldest and half strength on the rest with superthrive also. They are taking nutes well, no burn. I installed 265 cfm squirrel blower and am gonna make my carbon filter right now. My 3 oldest babies are almost 5 weeks old, still seem small to me. The others are a week or so behind them. I am thinking of flowering them in the next couple days, what you guys think? Can anyone see any sex traits in the pics?

IMAG0125.JPG

IMAG0128.JPG

IMAG0132.JPG

IMAG0131.JPG

IMAG0134.JPG

IMAG0135.JPG

IMAG0136.JPG

IMAG0138.JPG

IMAG0140.JPG

:yeahthat: looking good dude, cant wait to see them bud
are you going to clone???

I'm not seeing any pre-flowers but it's kind of hard to tell from those pics. You might want to pick up a magnifying glass to search for pre-flowers.

Nice tight nodes man.

I dont see any pre's either.

I started flower 12-2-07 , so like 8 days ago. I have 8 babies and i believe 3 are males and 2 females and 3 not showing sex yet. I seperated the 3 i believe to be males until I can confirm that. This is my first grow so I wanna make sure so Ill wait a couple more days before I murder them. It was amazing looking through the magnifying glass and seeing them pistils for the first time. The strain is supposedly northern lights from an aquaintance that grew some. I got a bag from him and it was the bomb so hopefully these are the same seeds. It cost me $100 for a 1/4 so i am stoked. Ill throw some pics up later after i feed them. Also how long till the sacs release their pollen? How much time do you have? I want to keep some to mix in the future. How would i go about this and would it stay good for a while? I wish i could get some good pics of preflowers, comes out blurry, i guess 3.2 megapixel camera is not good enough.

Hey guys, need some help. I am using distilled water with ph between 6 and 6.5 but when I add my fox farm nutes the ph drops to under 5. Am i supposed to adjust ph after I add my nutes, that dont make sense to me. Please help before I feed tonight.

I have been slackin on the journal, but heres some pics. Im in 4th week of flower and everything was great till a couple days ago. 2 of my 4 plants have leaves with spots that started out light green and turned orangish brown and are curled under. I cant quite figure it out, but i hope it will be okay. I flushed one of them yesterday to see if that would help but not sure if it did yet. I posted a thread with pics and info in sick plants but havent got great advice. Please check it out and tell me what ya think. Could low potassium cause this, i tested npk and potash was low.

IMAG0337.JPG

IMAG0336.JPG

I though i would throw up some pics, had some nute burn or something on 2 of my babies but i think their okay. I am gonna take it easy on the nutes, every other feeding starting 1/2 strength again. Here are the 4 loves of my life and 6 more veggin almost 2 weeks. Im gonna put them in veg room under 400 w mh once i get the ventilation done. Do you guys think a 265 cfm dayton squirrel cage fan would be okay for both rooms. They are combined 20 sq foot but my flower room has aircooled hood and carbon filter. Thought it would be sweet if i could just get a 6"y and run it to veg room. If not i guess im gonna have to get another fan maybe inline blower this time, new toy:yay:

IMAG0354.JPG

IMAG0351.JPG

IMAG0352.JPG

IMAG0357.JPG

IMAG0358.JPG

Day 42 of Flower. I think I am thru the problems i was having, still not sure what it was. I got my new toy yesterday, an oakton ph testr20, so ph will be easy from now on. I just watered with 1/2 strength nutes , re introducing at low amount after the problem i had with 1 of my babies. Here they are along with 6 other northern lights veggin it up.

IMAG0360.JPG

IMAG0362.JPG

IMAG0363.JPG

IMAG0365.JPG

IMAG0366.JPG

Hey Dog...Looking Great Man...and KEEP IT GREEN!!!!

They look good but for 19 days they are way small compared to mine! I am doing hydro ebb and flow and the stalks are like a sharpie at day 23! I also put some in soil and although hydro is alot of work it makes the soil plants look really bad! I also use 4 flourescent fixtues 4 tube t-8's with 3 daylight and 1 warm........ I just started to build a MH and HSP fixture out of a 2 x 4' fixture and the plants dance to the light from that! The undergrowth is coming out from behind the fan leaves and one plant has a 12 point leaf on it! The ******* leaves are bigger than my hand and I have never ever seen such growth in my life , but this is my 1st hydro project and my god are they healthy! Look up my posted pics and you will see the difference as I also posted the soil grown ones too and they are similar to yours so you are NOT doing so bad! Keep up the good work, but Hydro is the way to Grow!
timdog4 said:
Day 26 update. My babies still seem small to me for 26 days, but what do I know. But just by looking at other pics, they seem smaller. Any thoughts? I said that i wanted to see if people could guess the strain, but now I realize thats almost impossible so they are northern lights(supposedly). I got a bag from a friend of a friend of some killer smoke so i inquired and come to find out he was growing and said it was nl and these were the seeds. So there you have it my first grow is northern lights. with one or two bag seeds also. Is this why they look small maybe because nl stay short and bushy?
Ive been giving nutes every other watering. Started with 1/4 strength to half and next will be full strength. They are taking nutes well. I was thinking of transplanting the 3 biggest(the ones in the first pic) into 3 gallon pots. Does anyone think they are ready? They are almost as tall as the pots and i dont wanna risk them getting root bound. I would appreciate some feedback on this.
I also got some new lights from work for free(i love my job). 4 100w hps shown in pic and another 400 w metal halide. I know have 3 400w mh, 1 400w switchable mh hps, and 4 100w hps. I dont know what im gonna do with all these but i just had to have them. They are everywhere at work, I swear there must be a thousand 400w mh ballasts laying around at work.
Anyways the first pic is the 3 oldest in same order as pic from last update to show progress. What you guys think? 2 group pics of my 8 that are left(some didnt sprout), and pic of new lights.

timdog4 you got a nice set up! It's looking real good, your friend wasn't lying when he gave u those seeds!

Definitely liking that veg room - you are thinking about the future, haha.:aok:

Wow really filling out and getting huge, how old was the bulb in the 400 w metal halide when they gave it too you? Or did you stick a new one in? Very nice NL's man, hats off over here :)

Nice plants watch those leaves and check the stickies. One of the posts in the stickies contains a link to the old overgrow nutrient deficiency page and it has pictures and will really help you with identifying nutrient deficiency's. Also the reason your plants were small at 26 days (just commenting on the first page of your thread) is because of over watering. Your leaves were showing classic signs of being overwatered, but they seem to have rebounded splendidly. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back