need help from anyone with 400hps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pufindo

weedaholic
Reaction score
im flowering with a 400 watt hps. how far do i keep it from the plants. i have it hanging over the plants with a bat wing reflector. i have a little fan blowing towards the bulb, and a smaller fan on the plants. the temp is 81 deg. but hor close do i hang the light???

You can get 400watts pretty close... ~4"-12"... put your hand under it... if it hurts it is too close.

Thats right, if they start going frizzled its too close but 12" good rule of thumb. Any further during veg and you might stretch your plants.

I currently have a vertical mounted 1000w hps 4"-5" from the tops and no burning at all... i have a fan blowing hard on it... but still! no burning!

I agree with TBG, I have a 400 hps as well and A foot or so is about where I've got mine.

I'm pushin 30 inches and I do notice a little bit of stretching but all still seems well.

FP:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

attachment.php

Thanx guys! im just in my first week of flowering so well see what happens... however, today i did notice the tippy-tips of the leaves looked burnt. Maybe this is just because they were introduced to the budding nutes, huh?

no thats from the light (probably). do u have a fan to cool the light a little? If not try to get one any one and put it as close to ur light as posible that saved me like 6"!

this is my 1kw and 400w hps with a blower fan blowin clold air from outside. I keep my lights about 7" from the topps! and it's only 83.2 degrees.

DSC01120.JPG

now that outdoor temps have dropped a bit my room is a constant 73 degrees and 40 humidity... this is with a 1000watt hps 4" from the tops and no burning whatsoever.

Latest posts

Back