Need Help!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devildog5524

Still learning everyday!!
Reaction score
What is wrong with this plant. I did a flush on the root system and now this is happening. Also the leaves are in a v shape pointing upwards. What does that mean. I'm new to growing so please feel free to comment.

stupid.JPG

This was started one the 3rd on February and when I checked I have little brown specks on the leaves. I figured it to due to fert. so I flushed with fresh water. Like i said I'm new to growing and I was told that flushing is ok to do.

A little background will help, soil, nutes, strain, grow enviroment, Etc. a top side pic would help also. Any and all info will help us help you.

yes but no nutes yet waaay too early. you may have just fried her.

It looks like you fried the poor lil bugger....with seedlings the keys are proper ph for your water, no nutrients or ferts, and not too strong a light or to close to the light...

The soil is potting mix with no nutes. I have them in a grow box. I am currently using a 65w heat lamp with a high blue specrum, and have been using all purpose miracle grow for my fert. Right now money is tight and I just want to get these babies going so I can go get the metal halide and high pressure sodium the I know I will need later on. should I switch to a bulb that is more in the orange specrum during this stage of growth?

Img_00212.JPG

Img_00211.JPG

No ferts for 3-4 weeks. What kind of soil are you using? If you are using prenuted soil, watering will release nutrients. If your water is high in dissolved solids, this is also like giving them nutes (you just don't know what) when you water.

As soon as my seedlings have roots, I put them withing inches of my T5 with no ill effects. In fact, they love it. Just make sure it is not too hot. Do you have any ventilation? What kind/size of light are you using?

devildog5524 said:
The soil is potting mix with no nutes. I have them in a grow box. I am currently using a 65w heat lamp with a high blue specrum, and have been using all purpose miracle grow for my fert. Right now money is tight and I just want to get these babies going so I can go get the metal halide and high pressure sodium the I know I will need later on. should I switch to a bulb that is more in the orange specrum during this stage of growth?

LOL--we posted at the same time. It appears that you have heat burn and/or nute burn.

GET RID OF THE HEAT LAMP!
CFLs or fluoro tubes will be far better than any kind of heat lamp. You are probably frying your baby.

Do not give it ANY nutrients until it is 3-4 weeks old. And get some better nutrients. Unfortunately, this is not a cheap "hobby". If you do not have some money to invest in this, I recommend that you wait until you do. There are just some things you cannot skimp on--light, soil, nutes, and ventilation are just a few.

If you have not gone to the Resources section and read, I recommend that you do. There is far more to this growing stuff than just putting a couple of seeds in soil.

Right now I'm using a professional grade potting soil with no nutes, and I have a heating lizard light, high in the blue spectrum. the light is about 10 inchs from the top of the plant.

:yeahthat: :yeahthat: ............and um did i just read THG promoted the use of cfl's:shocked: Welcome to the other side Goddess;) :D

oops posted at the same....you got some readimg to do bud. The t-5's or daylight cfl's will rock your veg. Ya gotta have good ventillation and a fan.

I have plenty of ventillation going and I just got rid of the heat lamp and am now using a daylight F15, 700 lumens and 15 watts, This should get me through until I can go get the 150 metal halide. what do you guys think?

Latest posts

Back