need some dirty advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shortybighead

Reaction score
Hey I am gonna do a dirt grow in a grow tent.I have the tent up,it's 48x48x78.I have a 600w hps/mh light and digital ballast.The advice I need is on dirt,I have done 2 hydro grows that came out great,I used fox farm 3 pak for them grows and I liked it.I need to know which fox farm soil to buy.I read that the ocean forest is good to use but have heard that it will burn seedlings cause its high in N.Any adivce on fox farms soils that will good?Maybe a mixture of the ffof and fflw? Never did a dirt grow before I hear its easier than hydro,also any body know where I can get square 1-3 gallons pots? thanks for any help

I Use FFOF from seed with no issues. just dont feed them for two or three weeks after sprout. and you might see some burning and yellowing if you put them directly under the 600, that light is awful intense on seedlings. I did it once with a 600 and they suffered the first month of thier lives then took off...start them under something softer if possible like a few cfl's.

I just did a round of germination in rapid rooter plugs instead of soil. They worked great...

hey i got the rapid root plugs and the humidty dome too,its cool to use that for say a week or 2 then transplant to dirt?i am gonna germ them on a plate and wet napkin then into the rapid rooter? i dont really have the dough for a cfl setup and the diy is out the question cause i am disable in my right arm.so i gonna use the 600 mh for veg like 3 feet away i got a fan cool hood for the light from htgsupply

I understand soils is really light for you to handle....

you should get organic MG soils to start with... from there when plants get bigger, transplant it with your fave ff soils. like others says rapid starter will be alot easier for you too.. try not to use the humidity dome

cool no dome thanks yall i am not too nervous on the dirt grow i did 2 grows with the stealthhydro bubbleponics and cfls and i think if you can do that and make it dirt be no problem at yall lol

just water in it? or is it cool to use that plus maybe a drop of superthrive and a lil hydroguard?

i dont let my plugs sit in the water.... you want them to be damp, not wet, the roots need air to breathe.

just go out and put a few drops of water on the plug every day or so....dont let them dry all the way out...

I just used some soil from lowes Sta-Green Moisture Max says it feed for up to 9 months so far they look great about a foot tall put them in it as seedlings no problems :Viper1951

I use Fox Farm Ocean Forest and rapid rooter for my last two grows.

For the rapid rooter I put some water over the rooters to get moist at first. I then make sure I have about 16oz of water in the bottom of the tray. Basically the rooters are about a 1/4 inch into the water. I place the seeds, tip down, and place a broken off piece from a non used rooter over the top covering the hole.

In about 3 days you should have seeds starting to push the little covering out of the way. I check the tray everyday after they have popped and look for roots coming out the bottom of the rooters. As soon as I have roots coming out the bottom of the rooters I transplant straight into fox farm ocean forest. I just water with ph'd water for the first two weeks then start with 1/4 strength fox farm nutes.

Latest posts

Back