New grower at dwc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tcooper1 said:
someguy said:
the nutes go n-p-k, nitrogen-phosphorus-potassium, i got 17-7-18.[/quote
So are my nutes too low...high...???veg are 9-7-12 and my bloom are 0-51-34...Why so different veg....bloom?
again thank you so very much.YOUR HELP IS UNMEASUREABLE....thank you so much

different life cycles require diffent nutes. while all nutes are still required (as far as i know), some are needed more than others. are you usin the same nutes for soil and dwc? mine are specially for hydro/aero applications. ended up with supernatural brand cuz thats what the guy at the hydro likes and uses. cant argue with a guy whos exsperiance makes him order what he does. but seriously, if you can get in the right niche (if you have the right supplies), there are an infinate # of ways to make a very successful grow. as for oaky riggin, an old lady friend grew in potting soil and a desk lamp. and she is oaky. it tasted like potatoes (seriously) but it got me lifted. so dont be ashamed. ive seen much worse setups, not that your is bad in any way. if you can get it dailed in yours should work prime :D

Dude,

a good (not strips) ph meter and ppm/tds meter is the most important
thing in a hydro grow. without one you are in for alot of guessing problems.
ppm means parts per million.. which basically says how much substance
is in the water. waters ph and ppm fluctuates with temps and as plants
feeds.

using tap water is a problem also. you will have alot of PH problems..

dude believe me.. buy a cheap RO filtering system for about 60 bucks.
and a nice ph/tds meter..

MrPuffAlot said:
Dude,

feeds.

Hate to sound stupid...but I am LOL What is a RO system?I have a set up like what Someguy drew up.My set up is oaky but it seems to working ...I just want to get everything I need to make my grow the best it can be...:hubba: My PH in the tap is 5.0-6.0( according to the color strips) I am going to work on getting the meters that I need.
I am concerned about my plants being so scrawny....How do I fix that? Any ideas? I have different ferts for my dirt.I use fox-farm for dirt. and vita grow(that was recommend by a friend)...Not sure if they are what everyone uses but it seems to be sort a...except the scrawny part.
Thank you all so very much for your help.IT HAS HELPED ME SO VERY MUCH
and Someguy....thank you for the "be safe"
You are a very helpful...I cant thank you enough!!!!
Have a great day and be safe.....

RO system = Reverse Osmosis water filtering system.

Tap waters PH and PPM fluctuates also. one week it will be low then a week later can be high. You want your PH at 5.5 or close as possible.

keep water at 5.5 PH and how old are your plants? what type of light are you using?

I hate to sound even dumber...but I still do not know what a RO system...I might even have one and not know it..LOL Not real big on the technical words of stuff.It is always doohickey or thingymabob...you know the hard words...just kidding.
My hydro plants are about 4 weeks old and my dirt are about 6-8 weeks old..not sure forgot to mark that down.my
my lights are
veg. 400w mh and 2 T5's...4ft.
bloom 1000w hps and 2 T5's...4ft.
my ferts for dirt are Fox Farm tigar bloom,grow big and big bloom
my nutes for hydro are vita grow and vita bloom(friend recommended)
Thank you so much for all your help.:woohoo: I have been looking for a meter on ebay.How much does a ppm meter run?
also...I cant see my roots at all not on bottom or sides.I know they are in tthere cuz I ruined one plant by thinking they werent rotted.How do I get them to go down? I got water just under the baskets.
Have a great day and be safe

I am just posting so I can get this on the first page so that my above question can be answered by some one.I get so much help from all of you!!...I thank you so very much.

Looks like your getting the help you can get Bro I am happy your plants are getting some help. A guy told me about this site check it okay. This is the best I was told so.BC technaflora recipe for success starter pack . The site is:4hydroponics.com . I hope this helps you. Have a good bro.

I order the starter kit yesterday and since so many MP have stated to buy some good bean strains I did (3) different types.

I'll let you know bro. I hope by typing helps you get a more profession opion since I am a newbie at growing. Check out my Journal ok

KGB30 Thank you so very much...I will check out the site as soon as I am done here.Let me know how it is going for you ...Good luck bro...oh by the way I am a sister...LOL thanks again for your help...your the greatest.
have a great day and be safe.

I hate to sound even dumber...but I still do not know what a RO system...I might even have one and not know it..LOL Not real big on the technical words of stuff.It is always doohickey or thingymabob...you know the hard words...just kidding.
My hydro plants are about 4 weeks old and my dirt are about 6-8 weeks old..not sure forgot to mark that down.my
my lights are
veg. 400w mh and 2 T5's...4ft.
bloom 1000w hps and 2 T5's...4ft.
my ferts for dirt are Fox Farm tigar bloom,grow big and big bloom
my nutes for hydro are vita grow and vita bloom(friend recommended)
Thank you so much for all your help. I have been looking for a meter on ebay.How much does a ppm meter run?
also...I cant see my roots at all not on bottom or sides.I know they are in tthere cuz I ruined one plant by thinking they werent rotted.How do I get them to go down? I got water just under the baskets.
I know this is a double post but I want someone to see it so I can get some ones advice...thanks again

Your welcome Sister you have a grow & enjoy the day

tcooper1 said:
KGB30 Thank you so very much...I will check out the site as soon as I am done here.Let me know how it is going for you ...Good luck bro...oh by the way I am a sister...LOL thanks again for your help...your the greatest.
have a great day and be safe.

RO or reverse osmosis systems is the drinking water next to the tap water at a kitchen sink usually, it basically a tap water filter. any hardware store should have them. as for roots, id image they should be poppin out. bring the water level up to the bottom of pot and even submerge it 1/2 inch or so. if you changed over to my diagram to roots will be growing on their search for water. you should see them any time im hoping. just give them some water from the top if they look thirsty

Someguy my set up is just like your diagram had it set up like that to begin with.I just need to get smaller hose for drip hose.But I love the set up.
Thank you so much for let me know what to do on the root dilemma.
Have a great night /day and be safe

KGB30 said:
Your welcome Sister you have a grow & enjoy the day
KGB30 Thank you so much Have a great night/day and be safe BRO:hubba:

MrPuffAlot said:
Dude,

feeds.

I bought a Millwakee PH meter off Ebay for 11 dollars and it works great. Just make sure you store it with the cap off in 2 inches of water so that the probe stays wet. You dont have to spend an arm and a leg for a PH meter although Hanna makes a great one. The "Good ones" start at around 60 bucks but are generally closer to 100. I PH meter is a MUST though. You can technically do it the other way but half a point on your PH could make the difference and with the strip or liquid method it can EASILY varie by that much. Good luck.

Stunzeed..

Thank you so much Stunzeed.I was wondering if I could get one on ebay.11.00 I can handle.....100.00 would be kinda hard right now.
thank you all so much fo you help.
Have a great day and be safe.

Latest posts

Back