New grower at dwc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcooper1

Reaction score
This is my 1st journal and my 1st dwc.
so I cant figure out what I am doing wrong so hopefully someone can help.Here is what I am using for nutes...vita grow combination 9-7-12 and for my bloom I am going to use(haven't yet)vita grow 0-51-34.I have no idea what all that means.Someone told me that is what I need...???
so here are my pics
dwc plant are 4 weeks old
my dirt are about 6-8 weeks or so I haven't kept track of the age of the dirt...should have.Been having a lot of problems with dirt since we had the storm hare and I lost the house saved my girls but barely,they went into shock realy bad.The dirt I cloned just after the storm.OK no one laugh at my oaky set up LOL

Here is my link...hope it works....

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26930

MVC-001F.jpg

MVC-002F.jpg

MVC-003F.jpg

MVC-004F.jpg

MVC-005F.jpg

MVC-006F.jpg

MVC-007F.jpg

MVC-008F.jpg

MVC-009F.jpg

I am new at growing so hear goes.
Your set up looks awesome.
I crrently using Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil man it's like Nitro as hick stated. A whole lot better then MicleGro Moister Control soil is. My ploants stems thicker then using MircleGro.

I payed for MircleGrow $10.66 large bag and Fox Farms Ocean Forest $15.00 dollars so not a big difference & prices.

I hope this helps.

I was wondering if the water should flo on the plants all the time or should it go off for awhile.?
thanks for all the help
Also should they be bigger for there age aprox.5 weeks....??

KGB30 said:
I am new at growing so hear goes.
Your set up looks awesome.
I crrently using Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil man it's like Nitro as hick stated. A whole lot better then MicleGro Moister Control soil is. My ploants stems thicker then using MircleGro.

I payed for MircleGrow $10.66 large bag and Fox Farms Ocean Forest $15.00 dollars so not a big difference & prices.

I hope this helps.
I heard that MG doesnt work as good as fox farm ferts..thats what I use in my dirt My dirt I get mix up for my at my nursery (just for p.plants)It has bat **** and chicken ect ect... but my dwc is the vita grow stuff...Do they make a hydro fox farm?

hey hey not bad at all. doesnt have to be pretty to work good. im using nutes that have a lot of "Nitrogen (N) is primary to plant growth. Plants convert nitrogen to make proteins essential to new cell growth. Nitrogen is mainly responsible for leaf and stem growth as well as overall size and vigor." besides bein a lil scronny i dont see anything wrong. id almost just instead of doin drip (lots of people are successful with it), attach all the buckets together inline from your bottom hose holes. with the pump from the reserve. the buckets water level and the reserves will be equal heights, just keeping the water circulating in a big circle through the system. imo. i say this instead of drip cuz ive seen a lotta drip systems with mad algae on the soil/hydrotron surface. a crude windows paint diagram. keep that aeration for sure though

untitled.JPG

someguy said:
hey hey not bad at all. doesnt have to be pretty to work good. im using nutes that have a lot of "Nitrogen (N) is primary to plant growth. Plants convert nitrogen to make proteins essential to new cell growth. Nitrogen is mainly responsible for leaf and stem growth as well as overall size and vigor." besides bein a lil scronny i dont see anything wrong. id almost just instead of doin drip (lots of people are successful with it), attach all the buckets together inline from your bottom hose holes. with the pump from the reserve. the buckets water level and the reserves will be equal heights, just keeping the water circulating in a big circle through the system. imo. i say this instead of drip cuz ive seen a lotta drip systems with mad algae on the soil/hydrotron surface. a crude windows paint diagram. keep that aeration for sure though[/quote

Thank you so very much...You have help me out so very much..
How do I get my plants to not look so scrawny? Do my nutes look ok.Which number is nito?
My water flos all the time goes just like your attachment.....I am smoking for you
your the greatest....

Too much water might kill them your going to have to play around with that a little. I would if I was you buy Hydroponics book on Ebay or Amazon.com both sites sell books for a fare price or search the Web . I know for my out door growing I check them in the moring just to make sure the soil is moist not drowned of water but moist just so I know if they are going to be ok through that days weather.

yesterday it was 95 degrees so I made sure the plants got enough water to last all day and then I checked on them before I went to bed. I have to make sure they are tucked in for the night.

I don't know bro

tcooper1 said:
I heard that MG doesnt work as good as fox farm ferts..thats what I use in my dirt My dirt I get mix up for my at my nursery (just for p.plants)It has bat **** and chicken ect ect... but my dwc is the vita grow stuff...Do they make a hydro fox farm?

someguy said:
i use ONLY distilled water also...
I use tap water but I check my ph and the chlorine and make sure it is were it is sopose to be at.

Ya that is the right thing to do check ph & Chlorine. I am waiting for my Ph reader to come in the mail. I hope I have helped you out.

KGB30 said:
Ya that is the right thing to do check ph & Chlorine. I am waiting for my Ph reader to come in the mail. I hope I have helped you out.
I got the meter and then got the strips.imo the strips is easier to use and faster too......thanks so much for everyones help......

the nutes go n-p-k, nitrogen-phosphorus-potassium, i got 17-7-18.

ppm is good to know cuz it tell you how much nutes are in the water. you really have no other sure way of knowing. just watching your ladies to see what they are saying.

someguy said:
the nutes go n-p-k, nitrogen-phosphorus-potassium, i got 17-7-18.[/quote
So are my nutes too low...high...???veg are 9-7-12 and my bloom are 0-51-34...Why so different veg....bloom?
again thank you so very much.YOUR HELP IS UNMEASUREABLE....thank you so much

someguy said:
ppm is good to know cuz it tell you how much nutes are in the water. you really have no other sure way of knowing. just watching your ladies to see what they are saying.
Can you send a pic so I know what a ppm looks like. You said one ran you about 85.00?
thank you so much...your the bomb

you know id hate to say add more nutes. they sure dont look over nuted so thats good. maybe add a lil more. how many gallons are in your system? and whats your ph?

0610081141.jpg

Latest posts

Back