New growth Red?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raoulduke2.0

Norse God of Herbs
Reaction score
I have a small indica grown in soil that has had some yellowing in the past and now the new growth coming in as well as the tops of old stems are red. Is this bad/good? I haven't been giving nutes and there are no visible pests( but there are 2 necrotic spots, very small)

the red stem is normal from what i've seen..all but one of my plants had red stems when the were little and a few still do.how long ago did they sprout and how tall are they??

when you say the new growth is red too, do you mean the very top of the plant??? cause a few of mine did that too but turned green as the new growth opened up..take a look at my journal....i think you can see some "red" pics...what kind of soil are you using???:D

The new leaves are red. I am using MG Potting mix. This particular bagseed indica is almost 3 weeks old and about 4 inches tall. I am not so worried about the stems. I know that is a defense mechanism for plants. It's the red tinted leaves that bother me, because I have the strangest marble-ized yellowing on the middle leaves. The oldest leaves are dark green and the new leaves are red. Talk about psychadelic drugs.

are you feeding them anything else ???how often do you water and what size pot is it in....also does the red go away after the leaves get bigger ? I too use MG 3month feed but at 3 weeks my plants were 16" tall(indoor grow with floros)and super green

I gave them a flush last night. They are in 1.5 Quart pots and I'm also using fluoros. I have been foliar feeding MG nutes at a very low concentration just to cool my leaves. The sativa seems to love it. That particular indica has been nothing but trouble. The only red parts are the new growth and the very base of the last few leaves that have grown. SHould I expect yellowing to eventually subside?

I couldn't find any pics in that grow that had red leaves.

Man that sounds a lot like the stress signs my mother plants were showing. I really mistreated them for the last month but the biggest problem I had with them was a ph drop to 3.8 they are fine now I just cloned them actually tongiht. Every thing you described happened on my plants, the mottleing the red stems. I would check the ph of the water comming out of your plants if I were you.

i would'nt be suprised if your plant has problems after the flush...the more water you put in MG the more nutes you release.I mixed 8 large bags of MG with 6 medium bags of un-nuted top soil and lots of perlite and flushed several days BEFORE planting so i did'nt overload the young sprouts with their first watering...there are some dark red pics but i guess my cheap little camera does'nt show it well..the red on your plant is of a darker shade isn't it ??FYI...i only water once a week

THey are dark red almost auburn. I'll check the ph as soon as I can find a cheap ph kit. Now that I have flushed the plants the soil is moist and I don't plan on watering for a week. Before that I was watering 150 ml every other day so I could keep the soil dry.

i wanna make sure i have this right first, they're in mg soil, they're 3 weeks old, and your feeding them. is that right?

I don't feed them per se. I mixed MG fert into my spray bottle at like 5%. I mist the plants with it.

MIST WITH WATER!!!!!... MG soil has more than enough nutes in it as it is..thats is why i mix un-nuted soil with it..you're hurting them with ANY added nutes...what size pots are they in ???

Whoa stop misting your plants, especially if you are doing it with lights on. Figure out your ph run off, buy some real nutrients and follow their instructions.

I don't ever turn the lights off. Does that mean leave them be? No misting? They do not ever get hot.

if you veg with floros you CANNOT harm them by watering with them on...i veg under 24hr lights(480w worth) and even foliar feed . try FLORALICIOUS GROW from general hydroponics for an awesome foliar feed when vegging

Word. That sounds good. How often is Foliar feeding necessary? Should I up the concentration to higher than 5%? I just wanted to supplement the water with something. I don't mind removing the nutrients from the misting altogether, nor do I mind increasing its concentration.

well, first off, if you are using 3 month feed then mist with water only.secondly,the foliar feed that i use is an organic nutrient additive but has mixing directions for a foliar feed mix.also it has no N-P-K content (at least it's not on the bottle) so it can be used weekly with no problems, but thats only if you water correctly.when i want to check soil moisture in my garden i just stick my finger all the way in the dirt and if i feel ANY moisture at all then i don't water yet.if you post pics i can tell you a lot more prolly.

That is a straight forward answer about foliar feeding. Preesh.

Ok man but the way you are watering them now is going to cause the soil to have dry pockets and cause dead zones. Do what you want they are your plants but a little research will show you how backwards you are doing things.

Latest posts

Back