New Indoor Hydroponics... PICS!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In 12.9ft² how many plants do you think I could flower? And do you think that last picture is the best way to optimise this oddly shaped room?

Depending on what size plants you grow 4-5, maybe can squeeze a 6th in there. If you grow like I do.

Where are the entrances? Do you have separate entrances for all rooms? I like the room set-up just need to be able to maneuver easily.

No, this is 1 of the issues, the only entrance is located at the far left of the floor plan, so I would need to walk through the veg room to get to the flowering room. maneuverability is going to be 1 of my greatest difficulties.

That just cut your plant count in half, as you would need to squeeze by both rooms to get to your storage area. Entrance Doors for both areas are really needed. May want to re-thing the hydro growing and go with a different system and/or media.

Hopefully this will give you a better idea of things.

Try to combine this with the 3d models.

Floorplan.JPG

Yea, It is just 2'7" is not much width. Would need to grow smaller size plants to get around them.

but if the reservoir is stored in a container below the plants, I would be able to just slide it out. I would have a friend helping with the water changing etc. I would have the controls for the fans located near the tarpaulin partition. So I wouldn't need to get close to them.

My reservoir would be to big to just slide out to change out the nutes and do a complete res change. hint: Look into one of those battery operated kerosene transfer pumps.

You will always need to get close to them:aok: To check them for insects, nute problems,ete and when they get heavy with buds you will either need to stake them or be able to tie them up so they don't just fall over.

2 people in a 2'7" space with big bushy girls :eek:

I was thinking of doing water changes with a pump... do you think this would solve a lot of my maneuverability issues? In terms of checking the plants, I think with some ninja skills I could make it into that alcove containing the fan to check the back plants. Obviously this space isn't ideal... but it's my only choice.

just looked at those battery operated kerosene transfer pumps, it looks perfect. I am worrying about space much less now. Like I said, in terms of checking the plants I am confident I will be able to access all of them.

If you got to you will:D Yes the pump will help:) It sure did for me, plus saves a lot of time. Hydro involves moving a lot of water and the closer and easier the water is, the more enjoyment you will have growing. Just wanted to let ya know that is a tight space and will take some maneuverability.

Now you know the dimensions of the room, I understand that 1 600w bulb should provide more than enough light for that space but would the coverage be ok? should I perhaps go for 2 lower watt lamps to aid with coverage?

This really depends on the footprint of your reflector and the orientation. If using an a/c reflector it be would the easiest just set it up so that your duct work is running the same direction of your room, but your light spread would be better if you rotated it 90 degrees, and use a couple of 90 elboes.

So you think the lights should be facing horizontally rather than hanging from the ceiling pointing downwards?

No... I don't grow that way but some do...By orientation I mean the angled sides of your reflector would be horizontal to your length and the flat side would be horizontal to the narrow side. From above, this make the reflector footprint longer down the length.

ahhhh I see, just so I know we're on the same page, is this the sort of thing you were trying to describe... sorry for the crudeness of the drawing, it was rushed.

crude.JPG

Yep... and I am looking down the long length of your room

Had to edit the above post because it did not make sense.:)

yes that was the idea, the view is standing by the partition and looking down the length of the room at the back wall..... so 2 400w lamps?

I was thinking of the ebb n gro-with the pots and 30 gal res barrel-not the flood table-those are still over $200. I think if you use a cool tube instead of a hooded light-you will get more light spread-but with only 4 plants you should be able to move them tight enough under one light. I recomended 1 light as opposed to 2-as a cost base suggestion. 1-1000w digilux hps = 155,000 lumens.
A minigen co2 generator would work pretty sweet for you in your space. The C.A.P co2 controller is the most economical and works well. If $$$ is an issue, you could start with the Exhale co2 bags and add a generator later as $$$ becomes available. IMO it's most economical to just buy your end result desired equipment first-depends on how patient you are.

Latest posts

Back