newbie ready to start grow room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barbud

Reaction score
wow...lots of good reading! Wanna start an 8x8 shed for grow room, want to start w/ four plants indoors soon. thinking of getting 4 clones; 4' T-5 light with 8 bulbs. would like to open shed up during day for natural light/ventilation/ while still leaving T-5 on. my biggest concern is maintaining temperature as it gets super cold at nite, and i believe t-5 don't let off heat. i know there's lots more to learn...baby steps for me. i have the space, i want to get lights and plants soon but thinking ahead. i want this 1 st grow to be done all indoors, i think i may need to get better lights? i still want to get t-5 for starting 2nd harvest of 6 plants which will move to outdoors in spring

Hi Mate,

Glad to meet ya, also a newbie to this.

And 8x8 shed is great plenty of space, I have 4 in a room 1m x 1m x 2m and it does get a bit crowded towards the end of flowing, so 8x8 is greatif not a bit to big if your only running one light, you would still need to keep your plants close together to get the most from the light.

I know what you mean about the keeping the door open for ventalation and natuaral is good but personally I would keep them away from any risk of insect attacks. No doubt loads of outdoor growers will tell you otherwise but best kept in a clean enviroment. In a room of that size you could easily create an effective extraction and ventilating system.

Depending on where you live outdoor is either great or crap, im from the UK and it really isnt worth the effort. Plus generaly indoor lighting systems generate greater yeild but some say this is a bit more forced.

If you have the luxury of growing both ways then you should try it and make up your own mind.

Good luck to ya,

SkDr

Welcome to MP...8x8 is a lot of space to light and vent....you need at least 3000 lumens per sqr foot for veg and 5000 lumens a sqr foot for flowering...so that wld be 192,000 lumens for veg and 320,000 lumens for flower...that my friend is a lot of light...you might want to create a smaller space inside the shed and light that. If you hve the cash you cld create 2 or 3 separate rooms for veg, flower, and clones....

Latest posts

Back