Night temps.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mastersativa

Reaction score
What do you guys do to keep temps up when your lights are off? Its getting cold here and my closet gets a little chilly when my lights are off.

When the heat is on in my house, it's set at 67*F. When the lights are off, they get used to the temp drop... Just like outside in the summer.

I have a problem with this in winter time because my closet has a hatch that leads outside and cold air creeps in, ive packed it with insulation but my temps can fall to 45 f at night.

I use a small heater, the trick is to set the thermostat really low and check the temps at night and adjust it as needed. better to start too low and work up but I found it can maintain the temp quite evenly.

thats my plan too my grow area is the last 4.5 feet of a converted garage 4.5'x12' and i have my flower box and clone/ seedling table in there during the day i can keep the door to it open and it stays the same temp as the house (give or take a few degrees) but at night that garage door gets cold (even though its a foam insulated one) so I'm planning on using a small temp adjustable heater too just have to find the one i want first

I was wondering about puting an electric blanket under it to keep the soil warm, or maybe wrapping the pot with it. But it doesnt get as cold as outside temps so i should be fine. If it does get colder in there i will hafta get a heat source.

thats not a bad idea with the electric blanket either but id be watching the water eveporation with that one the heat from the blanket might help in drying out the soil IMO or god forbid heat the soil enough to cook the roots

Yeah ithought of that also. I dont think it would hurt this peticular plant for being dry as the drainage on her isnt the best. But i was wondering about hurting the roots. If i hafta try it i will gently stab a thermometer in the soil and put up a thread about what i find, that is if i hafta go that route.

Latest posts

Back