Northern Lights-First Time Poster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'sup CungaBreath been following your grow a bit, so far so good :aok: im an old timer thats had a big break inbetween grows so enjoying your jurn 'n just catching up on how its all done. G'luck with the rest of it, i'll kick back 'n follow. Muchos mojo for big green dude :farm:

I hear ya Big dave....I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I was able to go two years from my last grow and hoping for the same this time around. I do plan on keeping a mother out of this grow so I can have a quicker turn around next time.
Thanks for stepping in, I'll take to ya later

Just wanted to show the new cfl I purchased

Left is a 26w/100w
Right is the new 65w/300w :eek:

Picked up two of them to supplement the 400mh/hps
The 65w are rated at 3,900 lumens

cfl65w.jpg

Day 35

Repot to final 5 gal pots on the 6th
Topped the tallest Plant #1, was 14" before topping. After top 11"
Plant #2 looks like a good mix but definitely leaning towards sativa
Plant #3 Indica

1/2 tsp/2.5ml Earth Juice Grow
1 tsp/5ml Bloom
1 tsp/5ml Catalyst
1 tsp/5ml Micro Blast

Pic before topping-Plant #1

Day35-#1-topped.jpg

Day35-topped.jpg

is plant #3 also NL? The first two look alot like the NL I have growing rite now but it seems like the 3rd one has much broader leaves.

There all looking very good though. Are you gonna try and make a clone out of that cut you took off of your first plant?

Hey Lord,

Considering I can't be 100% positive if they're NL or even what strain of NL, your guess is as good as mine:confused2:
I'm the one that noticed the hand written nl on the little zip bag. All my friend could remember was receiving five extra "free seeds". I assumed NL would stand for NorthernLights but you know what happens when people assume about anything....:rolleyes:

Waiting to see how #2&3 come along before cloning any of them. Wouldn't mind a nice indica mum too but I'm leaning towards #2 right now.
We shall see......

Love the bulbs lowes huh? Home depot has the 68 watts i found em after i got that same 65 watter at lowes. I'd go with three she has a more indy look to her.

the chef said:
Love the bulbs lowes huh? Home depot has the 68 watts i found em after i got that same 65 watter at lowes. I'd go with three she has a more indy look to her.

lol....you are correct Sir Chef ;) Must have hit the homodepot on the wrong day as they were out of the biggins.
I agree with you on number three but, I'll probably keep two mums till I can test out the smoke too :joint:

So what does the 68w compare with normal bulb 340w?

You get a little jump in lumens, 68 watt/2700k/4200 lumens. I've got two and the 65 watter running in the flower tent.

DCFC0013.JPG

Interesting how it's still rated as a 300w equivalent.
Thanks for the pic chef, I'll have to scan HD again now :cool:

Dunno still doing alot of research on cfl's. I got eco research teams i'm talking to. I should have a full printed report by jan.

I ran across a site that tested a bunch of different cfl manufactures. Most of them were pretty close to the advertised rate. I'll see if I can find it again

Looking into the bulbs themselves at design. Very cool thnks!

Here's the one I was reading chef
popularmechanics.com/home_journal/home_improvement/4215199.html

Day 42

Girl #1 now at 19" - 8" growth since last week - also topped 7 days ago

Day42-#1.jpg

Day42-#1-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back