oh poo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ah yes, it began before my 5 day hiatus from the city in which my closet forest resides. Older larger fan leaves began to yellow on 2 of the afghannistannies and I didn't want to feed without being here so i gave just plain distilled...

Now I'm back and lost a LOT of fan leaves. All new leaf sets near the buds are perfect color and health. MANY old large fan leaves were eaten by my plant while I was away. Giving a 1/2 dose of tiger bloom, a few drops of grow big for extra N and a few drops of grow big (all 3 FF nutes in one gallon) in the feeding first thing mañana. unless anyone has objections, i think i heard something about not mixing these but i think it sounds illogical... anywho check the journal to see pics of the whole plants.. I cant upload pics twice so seperate threads is kinda a moot point .. i guess this thread is a check on if u guys think my feeding tomorrow is a good idea or If i should do a more plain mix.

Here's a pic of the eaten [by the plant] leaves. I'm gonna update my grow journal (link in sig) in a second when the lights go out so I can have pics that display color. I saw the larger fans beginning to yellow before i left on monday, never thought I'd lose this many.. oh well the plants still look amazing. Northern lights didnt lose even one leaf, but I believe it may be a shade lighter since the previous weeks.

now that i've written you a novel about a teeny problem, derr.. sry. lol. reply here or in the journal I care not!

Looks like normal ageing to me some of them may have been just a bit early off cause they still look a little green. how far along are they in life? They look indica and if your flowering it may just be time for the fans to go, and im sure rate of color change/loss can be strain dependant, as in some may lose fans faster than others. Im also one that sees the mixing of nutes as non problematic man, last grow i was using a 0-10-10 and the fans went yellow slong with the rest of the plant real fast so this time around ive added a 5-0-0 to the mix every other feeding and ive not seen much fast yellowing this grow, as a matter of point ive only lost 4 fans and 6 others are starting to yellow now at 5 weeks in flower.

week 3.5 of flower. check the journal im halfway thru making the pics gimme a sec. this thread was a moot point. oh well, maybe extra hits for my journal. I took alotta pics. It's my fault I lost the leaves, I shoulda fed them before I left, I saw the deficiency and said screw it and left. live and learn, I'm too cautious with nutes cause I fried 10 plants a few months ago. oh man its a forest. Think that nute mix will b ok?

oh duh really shoulda said this.. all these leaves had already fallen or required almost zero pressure to be pulled off. nothing was snapped pulled or pinched off. all of them were rdy to fall.

It is normal for the plant to use the older fan leaves for energy to use for bud development in flowering. I wouldn't worry about it too much. You say it's a jungle so those few leaves aren't going to hurt that much. It will probably help get some light to those lower bud sites. Good luck and take care. Be safe.

Latest posts

Back