Ohhhh No.....not Mites!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Guys...I got a bit side tracked!
But I got er done. I can definately see why you don't want to get any of this stuff on yourself.
Thanks to you boys and girls, I was prepared and it made it much safer. Some more practice and a bit more preping will make it go much smoother next time I do this.
I used an old paif sweats and long sleave T-shirt, I ended up just tossing everything including an old pair of slippers and a but load of rags. The painters suite and the extra cloths tricks worked out great!!!
I used two three gallon sprayers, one with a couple drops of soap and several drop of Super Thrive, and the other with the instucted mix of Oganicide. I then drenched them once, with each sprayer, making sure to get under the leaves. I fed and watered them afterwords and they still look great. All in all it went pretty smooth thanks to all the tips and tricks that I learned here. THANKS EVERYONE!!! Special THANKS to nouvellechef and Droopy Dog!!!
The carcases are still there but so far nothings moving!!!

Ohhh Questions?
So when I get the Forbid and the Floramite I "should" treat them two more times over the next 60-70 days. Or will I just wait to see if one treatment will be enough?

So how does this stuff effect the tast of the smoke?

How safe is it to smoke buds that have been treated with these types of chemicals ??????

Thanks Again!!!
Peace MBT

I cant answer about Forbid, but Floramite, one app heading to flower is all it takes. I smoke tuff, and many others too. I just puffed some AK47 and it tasted smooth, 2 month cure.

LOL!!!!
Yep I was able to keep all body parts intact, thanks to you guys!!!
Peace MBT

mikeybtoken said:
How safe is it to smoke buds that have been treated with these types of chemicals ??????

Thanks Again!!!
Peace MBT

I would NOT use either one of these if there are buds present!:holysheep: :holysheep:

Using them in veg and just before flowering is one thing, the fan leaves will be tossed/trimmed anyway.;)

But with buds, I wouldn't want to be the one to do a live experiment to see if they do or don't degrade enough to be safe to smoke.:eek: :eek:

One application usually does the trick. If not, once in veg, and once just before 12/12, or no later than perhaps the second week of 12/12, as long as no buds are showing.

DD

Hi Guys
I just recieved both the Forbid and the Floramite today. I read over the instructions will apply one, then I will wait a few days, then flip em. This Sunday is my six week flip date so that should work out fine. I may take a few more clones before I flip them.
As for putting any of this stuff on durring flower, Droopy Dog.....I'm so with ya!!! I would chop em before I would put any of this stuff on my buds. I caught them just in time and you guys saved my grow.
Thanks Man!!! Really!!!
I have been busy upgrading my room now for the past month or so and have not had time to start a jounal. But I might just go ahead after I get the bugs erraticated and my flower room done. I hope that you boys and girls will pop in and check on me to make sure that I'm not messing anything else up!!! LOL
If I have any more questions I will pop back over but I think that I'm ready to take this over to a Grow Journal and just start it at the flip.
Thanks Again!!!

Peace MBT

Hello All!!!
I started my journal but I thought that I would update this thread due to the developements of my critter problems.
Within 24hr after a major soaking of each plant and my grow area with Organicide I noticed that there was still movement.
By the third day it was like I had fed them steriods. I was completely amazed at what they had done in a 24hr period even within 48hr of applying Organicide. They had completley almost covered a couple of plants with webs and were on a rampage. Thankgoodness that I had just recieved the Forbid and the Floramite. Which I wasted no time in applying. 24+hr later I still see no movement.
I ordered a half dozen hooded and booted full body tyveck chemical suites for use in my grow space. Which I will be using before entering the room from this point fourth as soon as they arrive. I also just bleached and then re-treated the walls and floor in the flower area with the Floramite.
As soon as I move my plants from the veg room I will do the same to it.
If I see any movement at all I figure that I have two choices I either treat again or I yank em. To be completely honest I am still fighting the urge to just start over. But I know that I need to learn to combat these little bastards. I have heard horror stories about these little suckers infesting grow rooms to the point where they never really completely get rid of them.

Hopefully this will be the last time that I have to. And I will be able to finnish out this grow in peace from these little rascals. BUT if I see any movement at all I will have to make a choice to
either break Droopy Dogs 30 day rule or start over.
Man this stuff just scares the crap out of me. I've been trying to treat the stuff like anthrax but I'm lucky that it's not or I would not be writting this.....LOL. Anyway Wish me luck!!!
As always I thank you all for all of the help!!! I don't know what I would do w/o this place and all of the cool people here!!!

Recently I heard someone saying that growing weed is easy, "just give em dirt and water.... they are just a weed" he said.
I laughed, agreed....and said yep it's simple, just try it.......LOL!!!

Peace MBT

mikeybtoken said:
I was completely amazed at what they had done in a 24hr period even within 48hr of applying Organicide. They had completley almost covered a couple of plants with webs and were on a rampage.
:shocked: it sounds like a crazy infestation, messing with them must have spread the problem, maybe the strain infesting them is very aggressive i dunno, i encountered em couple times and had to let em munch on my buds but didnt mess with them left em in peace until harvest and they eventually would eat few buds in a small area of a plant, never seen them invading completely any plant. after harvest you can nuke your room with chemicals and clean it then spray some long lasting pesticides on your entrance and intake of your room

LOL ... It's not MY 30 day rule, but the manufacturers. Actually, I think it's 28 days, but 30 is easier to work with.

You break it and run the very real risk of getting super resistant mites or toasting your plants.:holysheep:

Those No Pest Strips work well with the ventilation off. If you exhaust 24/7, then they become pretty much useless. Perhaps hang one or 2 and kill the exhaust during lights off. The area needs to be more or less sealed so the fumes can work.

Switch to the FORBID for the next application. Then perhaps, to 12/12?

DD

If you already applied Floramite, let it run its course and watch. Dont do another application of either, IMO. I dont remember your temp and humidity. But if your room is dialed, lower temp and raise humidity for a few days. Organicide is good for eggs. Floramite kills the adults and if any eggs do survive, they open, eat then die before laying eggs from Floramite.

Latest posts

Back