Overwatered, Bugs, Ph issues and Crappy Light!!! Pics inside

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjayzizzle

Reaction score
This is my 4th grow and i hope that any beginners or people who have a passion to grow but no money can take something from this post.. my first 2 attempts resulted in failure as i produced nothing but males... as i continued to grow i realized that i was using the wrong materials (Mg soil bad lights etc) my third grow (after much research and A 400 watt MH light for veg and a T-5 system for flowering i ended up with 4 females out of 5 plants which is good! Since then i had to give the good lights back to my friend but i had already begun to start my 4th grow. I currently am growing 2 blue mystic (1 female for sure) and 1 unknown stain. i have to use CFL's due to a lack of money. i have 7 20 some watt bulbs in a makeshift grow room i made out of mylar and cardboard which is by no means professional. The plants have grown decent given my resources but i have hit a few problems.

I am using Kellog's All natural potting soil (home Depo) w/worm casting, kept meal, bat guano & chicken manure. For watering i use good ol southern california tap water. For the nutes i am using Fox farm vegg but i am almost out. i also hav a 19-8-16 fert i got from home depo (Pro-Blend Orchid Food)

1. I have never been able to adjust my Ph despite my best efforts w vinegar and ph up and down. i dont really use much because i dont want to hurt the plants but as u can tell from the pics there is def a ph issue. PH IS AROUND A HIGH TO MEDIUM 7.

2. my female was showing signs of a nitrogen def so i water her w the nutes but i may have used too much water. the leaves became droopy. i have seen worse but still if this is my only female i want to make sure she makes it and is healthy. How do i fix? should i just leave her outside in the heat so she can dry out? or in the closet with the fan and lights like she is now?

3. i have those little bugs that chew on the leaves, I've had em every grow but they never became an issue due to the bug killer thing i have in the room.

4. What can i do light wise to increase the lumes and give them the best chance to produce nice buds? i wont be able to purchase any kind of HID or better lights for a few months but they r ready to flower now. any suggestions? i was thinking about buying a two bulb T-8 floro light from wal-mart (cost $8-9 plus lights which are about $6 each) which is affordable. Will this light paired with my 7 cfls be enough for 2 maybe 3 females? i can use an old dresser and line it with mylar if i need to trap in all the lumes. Just havnt had time to construct a whole new grow box.

ANY ADVICE, INFO OR TIPS IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

FB.jpg

FBM.jpg

female Blue Mystic.jpg

grow room.jpg

Male Blue Mystic.jpg

soil Ph.jpg

unknow strain.jpg

i wood sugest NOT PUTTING IT IN THE HOT SUN from a grow room to the great out doors will surley hurt them if not kill them just let them dry out. as for lights you kinda need all you can get. try looking for used recycle construction places for cheep fixtures. stay away from halide werk lights they are cheep an look like the ticket but they suk bad for growing. i know i have the fixtures lol. truth be told if i hadnt bought tonns of cheep lights i coulda bought the hid`s i wanted/needed. food for thought.

Wassup,
Looking through your pics i noticed the tips of your leaf's burnt and yellow. This is a sign of overfertilization, flush your meduim with plain water to rid of any excess salts and fertilizers. After a couple days i would resume watering without ferts for the next week, this should help the overall health resume to normal. Your P.h looks like it could maybe drop a lil bit but not much, i read you use vinegar to bring it down which is good because it is a alkaline rated at 5%p.h. I would pour a tablespoon into each gallon and this will bring your water down to 5%p.h, i also live in so-cal and did a water test, the test showed 8.4%p.h, with a .5 clorine rating. The vinegar will work fine, as far as your water maybe let it set out overnight so the clorine evaps before watering your plants. As far as your light goes can you place them outside during day?? if you can just bring them in at night and enshure the light period is 12/12. You are definetly going to need more lumens to flower, you should aim for 30 to 50 watts per square foot for an aggresive flower cycle. Maybe go down to Home depo and buy a 150watt h.p.s or M.h, eaither will work for flowering but the h.p.s is recommended, i think you can score this for around 30 bucks. Good luck and great job so far, keep us posted on tthe grow brother. Peace and Love!!!!!!!!!!!
Roken.

after much thought i decided to buy the $100 light. thanks for the link Aurora Incas!! i hope the 400 watt hps isnt too much for my grow room! how hot do they get? im excited to see what the plants will turn out like!

Latest posts

Back