Paranoia?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GeezerBudd said:
I can tell the difference between state police chopper and life flight.
Engine sound.
I can tell if the chopper is not on a flight path.
The life flight has two different flight paths here.
One to go to one city-one for another.
The state police chopper is older style-Iroquois.
Life flight is newer turboshaft engine-whines like crazy.

I don't even have to have windows open.
Hows that for paranoia!??
:)
Gb

GeezerBud, I call that prepared and exactly what I'm talking about. Well done.

Jackson1,
I've seen some of those hand held non-contact laser thermometers online.
I'm thinking of getting one just to some checking around the house-even though with only a 150w, I'm not concerned about flir.
Harbor Freight has some for pretty good price.

Gb

jackson1 said:
No one knows a thing. This was a heli that could easily of have had FLIR on board. I know Helicopters and this one was high dollar. I am sure it was nothing and thankfully lights were off at the time of fly over but once you start growing you look at things differently.

Loose lips definately do sink ships but not paying attention or questioning certian things is as good as being stupid and can be just as bad for you. Never telling anyone isn't all of it.

FLIR only detects heat being pumped out of a place. It has a hard time seeing through fog so don't worry brother!:hubba:
Here's some info from another site:
These cameras only pick up heat being pumped out of a place. They are not xray cameras as some would lead you to believe. Just as in the examples given here any time you see pictures of lights and tables or anything like that the camera is inside the grow area. Any material being sold to you for masking purposes or whatever is a waste of money when the only thing you have to do if you need to exhaust is to disperse it throughout or underneath your house.
Don't let images like the one above scare you or waste your dough since unless you ask the cops to photograph your grow room your ok! Heat being pumped out the side of your house other then the dryer vent could then be suspiscious in case of IR cameras.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBudz
Exactly. It is a total invasion. Cops could be watching thermal images of intimate moments and such. Especially when looking at your home. Your home is your sanctuary where you should feel safe and not intruded upon. They would have to have a good reason to be watching your house with FLIR. Keep it small and keep it personal.

Guys or gals...this is Holywood stuff you're talking about here Mcbudz...we have been sold lies on this subject...FLIR is not a xray camera and cannot catch jack **** of what your doing to your wife unless the camera is in the room catching the heat coming off of you at the time...LOL...check Barry Coopers dvd on never get Raided...he was a cop!

There are cameras that they can put up against a wall and it will pick up people inside but you're talking about dots on a monitor, no detail at all....you're cool with FLIR as long as you're not pumping heat out your house at three in the morning while there's no one home doing the laundry in the middle of the summer....LOL...either that or your waving at the heli through the open window of your grow room....LOL

GeezerBudd said:
Jackson1,
I've seen some of those hand held non-contact laser thermometers online.
I'm thinking of getting one just to some checking around the house-even though with only a 150w, I'm not concerned about flir.
Harbor Freight has some for pretty good price.

Gb
One of the uses for them is energy audits as they are used to detect the heat escaping your house...

ledtester said:
FLIR only detects heat being pumped out of a place. It has a hard time seeing through fog so don't worry brother!:hubba:
Here's some info from another site:
These cameras only pick up heat being pumped out of a place. They are not xray cameras as some would lead you to believe. Just as in the examples given here any time you see pictures of lights and tables or anything like that the camera is inside the grow area. Any material being sold to you for masking purposes or whatever is a waste of money when the only thing you have to do if you need to exhaust is to disperse it throughout or underneath your house.
Don't let images like the one above scare you or waste your dough since unless you ask the cops to photograph your grow room your ok! Heat being pumped out the side of your house other then the dryer vent could then be suspiscious in case of IR cameras.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBudz
Exactly. It is a total invasion. Cops could be watching thermal images of intimate moments and such. Especially when looking at your home. Your home is your sanctuary where you should feel safe and not intruded upon. They would have to have a good reason to be watching your house with FLIR. Keep it small and keep it personal.

Guys or gals...this is Holywood stuff you're talking about here Mcbudz...we have been sold lies on this subject...FLIR is not a xray camera and cannot catch jack **** of what your doing to your wife unless the camera is in the room catching the heat coming off of you at the time...LOL...check Barry Coopers dvd on never get Raided...he was a cop!

There are cameras that they can put up against a wall and it will pick up people inside but you're talking about dots on a monitor, no detail at all....you're cool with FLIR as long as you're not pumping heat out your house at three in the morning while there's no one home doing the laundry in the middle of the summer....LOL...either that or your waving at the heli through the open window of your grow room....LOL

But I am pumping heat out of my house at 3am

dman1234 said:
But I am pumping heat out of my house at 3am

Your better off pumping exhaust down into basement or underneath or anywhere where it will get disbursed.

In my newest edition of the Marijuana Growers Bible by Jorge Cervantes, it says that you are pretty safe to run 1k watts per room in a house without raising suspicion. I am still curious though. Would a 400 watt hps show a significant heat signature using a FLIR system? I have also heard that if you have a large energy draw on a 12/12 light schedule that it is easily noticeable to the power company, and that they subsequently report it to the authorities. What are your thoughts?

Also, I have gone to the FLIR website to look at their products and watched some of the demo videos, and still am uncertain of their capabilities.

godspeedsuckah said:
Yeah I understand where you are coming from. Couple years ago I had not once but twice a heli fly over my patch while I was in it!!!!!!!!! They were low too LOL. I had on camo and just tucked my chin to my chest and tried to blend in. They didn't notice anything and kept going. I have a regular fly route here and they use it every single year, and they go RIGHT OVER MY DAMN HOUSE LOL!!!

Oh they noticed alright. They just wondered "why is that guy standing around with his chin on his chest"?

erwinsweeney said:
Also, I have gone to the FLIR website to look at their products and watched some of the demo videos, and still am uncertain of their capabilities.
Their capabilities are that they can't see through anything not even glass. They pick up heat...so let's say it's a cool March night and you exhausting your 4000w grow room into your tiny attic with 3 roof vents. That heat is going to escape out those vents. A heli with FLIR will pick up 3 red spots on your roof. If you mask the smell and disperse it through the house no problem. If you mask the smell and disperse it through dryer vent no problem....as long as the dryer vent isn't running suspiciously (24hrs/day and nobody home)

erwinsweeney said:
In my newest edition of the Marijuana Growers Bible by Jorge Cervantes, it says that you are pretty safe to run 1k watts per room in a house without raising suspicion. I am still curious though. Would a 400 watt hps show a significant heat signature using a FLIR system? I have also heard that if you have a large energy draw on a 12/12 light schedule that it is easily noticeable to the power company, and that they subsequently report it to the authorities. What are your thoughts?
This is all bunk...LOL....this would mean that everytime someone did renovations on a home they would have the cops showing up to see what all the extra power usage is about...if you want to stay out of trouble with hydro DONT STEAL IT AND PAY THE BILL ON TIME.

As far as heat sig as long as you don't invite a narco over with a camera who cares....LOL

chopper flew near tonight, listened for a few seconds, then smoked a bowl.

as long as your paying your power bill...they will not be reporting anything.

I supplied my old neighbor with power for a whole summer when his was shut off, because I like the old timer, and didn't want to see him without. So I was running my regular electric, his fridge, comp, and a few lights, and my grow. I had 300 dollar elec bill for 4 months, and they didn't say a word, because the bill was paid on time.

Latest posts

Back