Pictureless grow...where's your imagination?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
#1 watered with 1L of H20 w/ 1.25 TSP of Molasses
#2 watered with 1L of H20 w/ 1.25 Tsp of Molasses

Typically i water the Citrals when lights first come on. This watering i had to do just before lights out. When i first checked on the Citrals at lights on they had a little bit of weight to them and the perlite on the bottom felt cool--usually means its still moist. When nearing lights out I checked on the two again and they both had drooped considerably, the pots were obviously lighter, and the perlite was dried out. There was still run-off left, but i will remove any leftover when lights come on tonight.

I changed the lighting arrangement. I moved my two 40 watt CW near pot level on opposite corners and switched the bulbs out for 26 watt Warm whites. I had put a 40 watt Warm white near the plant, but after 30 minutes the tip on one of the fan leaves had burnt to a black crisp. There seems to be no problems with the 26 watt and there is still good light penetration to lower growth--i still rotate #2 90Degrees daily.

The lower fan leaves on both Citrals are yellowing. My observation is that there will be space from soil level to the next fan leaves. This should help my ventilation and the lower fan leaves would stop air flow to the other side of the plant.

#2 has a lot of new growth on the lower portion of the plant. If i were still vegging i could see 4 potential cuttings. All are a couple inches, fairly thick stemmage, two or three nodes. Still no sign of sex, the trunk on is healthy green and thick, not too much stretching compared to my previous male.

#1 Looks small compared to #2, but is a lot more bushier. Lots of under growth--i can see why i would give 'popcorn' size buds.

have a nice day,
kailiwela44

1.25 TSP of Molasses how does this help plants? I was just wondering because I am always wanting to learn something new.

KGB30 said:
1.25 TSP of Molasses how does this help plants? I was just wondering because I am always wanting to learn something new.
supposedly it helps give the plants carbohydrates. There are also other things which are benificial such as Mg...umm...other than NPK. Mainly its a good source of carbs and sugars, and the carbs produce sugars for energy. Atkins diet is not MJ's diet.
Using Mollasses during flowering supposedly helps its flowers bud fatter. It is also recommended that blackstrap molasses is best, but as long as the molasses is unsulphered it can be used. Mine is unsulphered, but not blackstrap--diet Molasses? lol
As far as the ratio goes, most growers use 1TSP per gallon of water. I used 1.25 TSP because, so far, there are no such thing as Molasses burns, i was super baked mixing it up, and i was in a rush to finish so i won't get to work too late. Some people use it every watering i only use it sparingly--thing stinks and is stickier than sticky buds.
There is a thread in the resource section from 3LB (three little birds) about the use of 'magical molasses'. It's a long read and should take about ten minutes if your up to it. I skimmed through and still took a while.

peace,
kailiwela44

Thanks bro get some sleep.. Good Morning & be safe.

#1 is about 7" tall which means "she" almost doubled her height with one week of 12/12.
#2 is about 8" tall and almost doubled her height. The diameter with the droopy (need to water soon) is about 12"...so if it were to perk up i'm assuming it could be and additional 2"--since one week of 12/12.
Still no sign of sex
As for my Top44, "she" has come up out of the rockwool cube and is still trying to shed it's shell. I can see what appears too be it's first set of fan leaves. It's really amazing comparing the size of the Top44 and Citrals (about one month)

have a nice weekend and lots of aloha,
kailiwela44

7/26/08
Watered both with 1L of H20.
After about 30min after watering, i went to check for the amount of run-off and what did i see? Aphids:holysheep: . Thankfully they were mainly on #2 instead of both. So, i ended up taking a trip to Wal-mart at 2am and picked up some Fruit and Vegetable insect killer. Smells like tattoo ink :cool: and has, so far, rid the plant of any aphids:D . I also cleaned the box thoroughly, removed run-offs, cleaned overflow trays, and removed necrotic leaves with brown spots.

7/27/08
LST'd #2. "she" was getting so tall that she was about to hit the top lights:hubba: . I bent about 1/3 of her over. #2 still has not showed any signs of sex. According to one of Ed Rosenthal's books, the aphid problem could be a reason why #2 hasn't showed any sex yet:hairpull: .
#1 has showed me some hairs on two of her nodes. To be safe, i also cleaned her with the spray and removed lower necrotic leaves, but those did not have brown spots like #2.

7/28/08
#2's cola is making it's way back to being vertical. Still no signs of aphids.

Be cool,
kailiwela44

Sucks on the aphids, mine are still going good. Noticing some yellowing of lower fan leaves on all three of mine as well. After the nute problem I'm having with the bagseed not sure if I want to give any nutes until I'm sure they need it tho. No sex determination yet either but maybe by tonight when lights come on, it'll be 6th day I think?

7/29
#2 showed me that its a he. If #2 didn't get attacked by aphids i probably would have let him grow out and fertilize #1 in an effort to get more seeds. Oh well.
#1 is definately a female. She is giving a couple more hairs and i'm just waitin to see how many nodes she will bloom hairs.
I switched out the 2 26w SW for the two 42W CW and re-arranged the bulbs. I have one pair of 42 SW near pot level, above those in two of the corners are the 42W CW, and the other corners have 2 42W SW.

have a nice day.
kailiwela44

I hope you get a fatty cola.lol .. Did ya kill the Aphids?

8/2 watered 1L of H20.

All of the lower fan leaves have turned yellow and were removed by lightly pulling at them. It exposed all the new growth which is very bushy and does not allow the stem to be visible.
No pests since spraying.
She is still giving a couple hairs each day.

have a nice day

kailiwela44 said:
8/2 watered 1L of H20.

All of the lower fan leaves have turned yellow and were removed by lightly pulling at them. It exposed all the new growth which is very bushy and does not allow the stem to be visible.
No pests since spraying.
She is still giving a couple hairs each day.

have a nice day

Glad to hear she is better.. Good luck..

hey kaili..just thaught I would stop in and say Hello...things sound good..i read up on sugars and molassus...I read you introduce that in the 6 and 7 week of flower...no tobe used all the time...I have not used it personally but always looking to increase yield..but then again we are all looking for that " Holy Grail "..keep us posted

KEEP M GREEN

8/4/08
watered 1L H20 w/ 3/4tsp Molasses.

I noticed that on the newer shoots the lower leaves are turning yellow. The first set of branches seem to be affected by this the most and is blocking out light for the higher shoots. I want to do some trimming, but i'm not sure if i should.
The biggest new growth had once been the top cola. It is bushy at it's top, but on set of the lower leaves have turned yellow and was removed easily. There are no signs of aphids.
The new shoots are creating a bush around the stalk and i'm completely puzzled on what i should do. I am unable to see if the new shoots have pistles or not.
IMO, this is a...strong light type of strain??? It would probably do better with an HID.

brb gotta do some work,
kailiwela44

Watered 1L h20 before lights out. I won't be able to check on the girl for couple days.

I removed a couple of the shoots that didn't seem to be growing. I kept the ones which where sturdy and remove the softer ones. After doing so, It really opened up the space for air and better light to the shoots i left.
Unfortuanately i'm at about 3 weeks of flowering but i have still not seen any bud growth like Larnek. I'll wait and see if removing some of the growth will help the ones i left.

Have a nice weekend,
kailiwela44

Good luck on the bud growth... Have a nice weekend buddie.

You don't want to be removing those leaves on your own. The plant will use the sugars created in all the leaves for whatever it needs. Even the yellowing ones are fine, when the plant is finished with them they will absciss themselves. And removing them prematurely causes the plant to have to heal the stem at that wound, further reducing the food it can use for bud production. Mine are doing the same thing. Bottoms yellow out and I just let them drop off when naturally ready. ANd yeah, I think its the HID that gives me the bud production, but you can see how non-bushy mine are tho. Definitely want to veg with just the CFLs and fluoros next time to make a bush.

Latest posts

Back