Please please help me!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trebla781

Reaction score
My plants top leaves are curling downward right where the bud is coming out...I am in the 2 week of flowering...what is my problem? I watered with water from the sink for the first time could that have anything to do with it? Im thinking over fert? but not all my plants are doing this:confused:

Trebla781 said:
My plants top leaves are curling downward right where the bud is coming out...I am in the 2 week of flowering...what is my problem? I watered with water from the sink for the first time could that have anything to do with it? Im thinking over fert? but not all my plants are doing this:confused:
Without pictures and an explanation of what you're doing, we'd be guessing just like you.

Tell us what you're doing.

Everything.

Hydro, dirt, lights, watering, nutes....

Ok i am using coco coir soiless mix 400w hps about 15 to 16 inches away from the tops, monkey juice bloom A and bloom B from advanced nutrients i mix it in the resivoir every watering, i am watering when the soil is dry a half inch down, the ph of the water with nutrients is 6.3 to 6.4. I cant post pics i dont know how. But i hope i explained it better this time

You should let your plants dry out more. I don't think this is a direct problem, but you are also nuting your plants every second or third watering (right?), and that could be a problem. If you are letting it dry out only a half an inch I "assume" you are watering every two days. I might be wrong, I am just assuming this is happening. I water anywhere from 4 to 7 days, sometimes longer, usually never shorter. And I give them nutes every second or third watering. So they get nutes between two and three weeks. Everybody is different, but this seems to be working for me. Lets see some pics.

How are you using a reservoir with a dirt grow?

Does the water you used from your sink have chlorine in it?

He's not using dirt Stoney. He mentions above that he's using coco. Peace

Runbyhemp said:
He's not using dirt Stoney. He mentions above that he's using coco. Peace
I saw that. Then it says:"i am watering when the soil is dry a half inch down".

soil = dirt

watering by "soil" moisture by using a reservoir.......

Hey, I'll admit it, I'm confused. If it's a hydro grow, why wouldn't it be on a timer. If it's a soil grow, why use a reservoir?

I'm not sure what type of system we're even talking about here.

Ok here it is...this is my first time growing ok I got this 10 gallon container I call a resivior i dont even know if thats what its called I fill it with ten gallons of water with a pump and a rockstone to bubble up the water i mix the nutrients in the water and PH it to 6.3 i am growing in CoCo Coir mix it seems like soil thats why i call it soil. I used to have a drip system but the 10 gallon container was to small for that so now I water by hand with a container that i bought to water plants and thats pretty much it

I'm confused! T what is your major malfucntion! you are losing all control!

well what am i doing wrong? what you mean what is my major malfunction? I thought this thread was to help people with sick plants and problems not the thread for wise cracks like that

Trebla781 said:
well what am i doing wrong? what you mean what is my major malfunction? I thought this thread was to help people with sick plants and problems not the thread for wise cracks like that
I'm not sure what Crazy Horse is talking about either. I think it was an attempt at humor. Hehe, Crazy Horse, don't quit your day job man...

Hey, I finally understand what it is that you have going man. You've got what is known as a DWC, (Deep Water Culture), system. Your plants grow in a net pot with non-soil media, and the roots grow into the reservoir.

In a group like this, it's good to determine what type of grow you have going first. The difference between types of grows makes a huge difference in how problems are handled.

Here is what is confusing about what you're saying.

In a DWC setup, you don't have to water anything. The agitation of the water creates a mist pocket that in turn, provides a perfect moisture level for root growth. Those roots grow until they reach the water in the reservoir below them.

You are talking about mixing nutes and watering the plants as if it were manually pouring water over them. That doesn't make any sense to me unless you plants were very small seedlings that hadn't rooted yet. You say you're in the second week of flowering....obviously the plants are not seedlings.

The general symptoms you describe could be several things. The tap water you're using may have chlorine in it. You haven't told me yet. If so, it could cause mg deficiency. The way your leaves are curling leads me to think you've overdosed them on nutes.

You should be mixing your nutes outside of your reservoir, in a one or two gallon bucket. Mix it right and then add it to the reservoir.

What brand of nutes are you using, and what strength of it are you mixing? What is the suggested mixing strength of the nutes for your application? A DWC would be roughly half of the recommended nutrient strength of that for a potted plant.

Please, tell us more about how you're growing. Pictures would help a lot.

actually my plants are in grow bags man. like i said this is my first time at this so i dont know much...i mix the nutrients at 1.4 teaspoons per gallon of water the nutrients i am using is called monkey juice Bloom A and Bloom B. I mix in the nutrients with the water then I pour the water over my plants with a container. I water by hand like i said. And not all my plants leaves are curling down just 2 of them

I have two questions that I need you to answer.

1. Is your water chlorinated? The water you took from the tap?

2. What does the manufacturer suggest as the strength of the nutes you're using?

TREBLA781 MAN U NEED TO CHILL....................... PEOPLE AT THIS FORUM ARE TRYING TO HELP U......SO THE LEASET U CAN DO IS BE NICE .........BEST OF LUCK WITH THIS THREAD stoney b....

sorry if you feel i was being rude...i didnt mean to be its just that i am worried about my plants. Sorry Guys. Ok well I am not sure if there is chlorine in the water from the sink. Im pretty sure there is because as soon as i watered with water from the sink they curled like the next day. And the nutrients says 1.4 Tsp/g or 1.75 ml/l which is really confusing to me I just got a teaspoon from the kitchen and i put 1 teaspoon and what i think the .4 is. I got 10 gallons of water so I mix that in 10 times for each gallon. Is that how i am supposed to do it? Its Monkey Juice from advanced nutrients

I was jk T. Just seemed like people were getting confused here. Peace.

Trebla781 said:
sorry if you feel i was being rude...i didnt mean to be its just that i am worried about my plants. Sorry Guys. Ok well I am not sure if there is chlorine in the water from the sink. Im pretty sure there is because as soon as i watered with water from the sink they curled like the next day. And the nutrients says 1.4 Tsp/g or 1.75 ml/l which is really confusing to me I just got a teaspoon from the kitchen and i put 1 teaspoon and what i think the .4 is. I got 10 gallons of water so I mix that in 10 times for each gallon. Is that how i am supposed to do it? Its Monkey Juice from advanced nutrients
7 ml is 1.4 teaspoon. You need to get yourself a good measuring beaker that has ml on it.

The strength of your nutes is way too important to be measuring with a standard teaspoon.

Any place with cooking stuff should have one. Get it so that you can clearly use 70 ml of nutrient. That's ten times 7 ml. , the amount you should use for your 10 gallon container is 70 ml.

I'm betting that you've been puting a lot more than that in there with a teaspoon.

wow i didnt realize that man. here i was just estimating how much 1.4 teaspoons is. What an idiot i am indeed...well i guess this is a learning process huh? ok so is there anything i can do to help the leaves that are curled down?

I get syringes either from the drug store or the vet clinic to measure my nutes. I like using the vet needles because they hold more (mine is 12 mls) and the needle part is thicker for the organic nutes. And no I don't use them for my heroin habbit! Another joke T lol!

Latest posts

Back