Plucking fan leaves off two weeks beofre harvests

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maineharvest said:
Sorry. I know it was rude but I just couldnt resist.

It wasn't rude, it was meant as humor and I personally am not offended in the slightest.

opinions ...everyone has one...

take care and be safe

bho....dont sweat the small people

I was just trying to be funny but I still say Im sorry cause I dont want to start any kind of argument. For us people that have been here for years and have seen this same topic come up a hundred times might get my humor.

yep...mine too :D No need for arguing..Like I said...everyone Has they opinion..and we dont ALL have to agree on this type subject

take care and be safe

I completely disagree:mad: .....Wait..What were we talkin about:confused: ...:hubba:

I pluck fan leaves 1 to 2 weeks before harvest if im having rot or PM issues. I feel it gives the buds greater air circulation and sunshine. But like it was said earlier, if it aint broke, dont fix it.

And maine i didnt find that rude so dont sweat it. I dont see demeaning or rude messages on here at all anymore and im glad. That was purely meant as a joke and it didnt hurt my feelings.

Find something else to get upset about like those damn spammers.

This debate will never end.

But there is something to consider,

I agree big fan leaves and light are needed for Photosynthesis.

But if growing many plants in a tight space, so close as to block most if not all to the lower plant if some removal would allow more light to reach the lower portions of the plant.

I understand it robbing peter to pay paul, but ive seen my own grows suffer from lack of light penatration deep inside and the lower parts.
It comes out a light green and not as good.

I wonder if more whole branch removal would help the overall Quality yeild that I get.

For those ppl pissed about the casual usage of the word "retarded", I ask why are you so worried about being politically correct? It's not politically correct to grow a globally-illegal substance, now is it? :rofl:

sorry...couldn't help meself... :rofl:

4u2sm0ke said:
...dont sweat the small people

Now that's funny right there. Thanks for the chuckle 4u.

7greeneyes said:
For those ppl pissed about the casual usage of the word "retarded", I ask why are you so worried about being politically correct? It's not politically correct to grow a globally-illegal substance, now is it? :rofl:

Doesnt mean we dont have manners.

wow, didnt expect this ordeal to come out of a simple question, lol! thanks for the advice, no thanks to the snide comments

i'd rather be underlit, and pluck with discretion, than overlit, and have to pluck...;)

i can dig what gd said, cause its exactly what i do in my 'style' of growing indoors...:cool:

Growdude said:

But if growing many plants in a tight space, so close as to block most if not all to the lower plant if some removal would allow more light to reach the lower portions of the plant.

I understand it robbing peter to pay paul, but ive seen my own grows suffer from lack of light penatration deep inside and the lower parts.

I wonder if more whole branch removal would help the overall Quality yeild that I get.

Thanks GD about sharing your experience. So basically you pluck if space is a problem ? Perhaps in this grow will try to defoliate one and see about yield.

Thanks again :aok:

7greeneyes said:

This site is all about being correct ... No politics, no sports, no religions, no bad words ... Very conservative and somewhat "moral" ... But just for some things.

For the person who gave me the rep to get a sense of humour ... The sense of humour is off since i have a pneumonia.

bho_expertz said:
Thanks GD about sharing your experience. So basically you pluck if space is a problem ? Perhaps in this grow will try to defoliate one and see about yield.

Thanks again :aok:

Well I havent but it crossed my mind.

Growdude said:

My harvests have shown lack of light issues at times as well, GD!

More light/space would be better than plucking.....hindsight 20/20! :) It's not the best solution, but it may be needed in extreme cases (plucking), so I don't see there to be a right or wrong answer, just a right or wrong application of the remedy. Do what you must, but do so knowing what you are doing! :)

bho_expertz said:
This site is all about being correct ... No politics, no sports, no religions, no bad words ... Very conservative and somewhat "moral" ... But just for some things.

For the person who gave me the rep to get a sense of humour ... The sense of humour is off since i have a pneumonia.

Conservative for a pot site..true I guess. :)

Get better bho, i hope your taking your medicine and doing what you should be.. I hope you feel better soon.

imho, there is a right and wrong answer, and the answer is Don't pluck ever, for any reason, ever.
Do you all really want to kill kittens????

If you want light to get to the lower bud sites....either spread your plants out or cut off the lower parts that get no light.
This will increse quality and yield, I have seen this time and again.

If you space is superfull, then yes, cut out branches too. Never cut out leaves.

Just don't do it.

Latest posts

Back