Pollen on pistils

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Reaction score
If pollen from a hermie got on pistils of a female plant, would that create seeds or does that turn a female hermie?:confused:

It will turn you plant male and it will start to produce seeds. if you know its a male get it out of your grow room asap.

Your plant will not turn male, but it might produce seeds. A male cannot produce seeds. Hermies or females can.

Your plant will not turn hermie unless it has a hermie trait or it has been stressed.

noodles said:
If pollen from a hermie got on pistils of a female plant, would that create seeds or does that turn a female hermie?:confused:

Seeds seeds and more seeds.

Certain enviromental stresses can cause a plant to hermie
Genetics can cause a plant to hermie
pollination wont (specifically) cause a plant to hermie (unless its just a sexually unstable plant in which case rh issues could cause it)

There use to be a debate on the outcome of those seeds. I remember alot being said about a hermie pollinating a different female would create feminized seeds. Or a self pollinating hermie would create feminized seeds. IMO tho, a feminized seed is just a hermie with a high tendency to be female, but still a hermie.

Today there was a pile of pollen on a leaf so I decided to cut it down. :mad:
Do you think 22-28 days would have been long enough to develop anything worth trying to cure and smoke?:confused:

Later:cool:

I trimmed the hermie and put it in a tin can. Is this worth doing?

keep the cuttings in your freezer. you need to have a stack of cuttings to then make some hash.
Good Luck man.:smoke1: :48: :fly: :stoned:
There`s a whole section on this forum about "making hash", tell you all you need to know.
l8rs

I meant if I were to dry the premature bud if I could smoke that.

is that 22-28 days into flower or veg?
if veg- totally pointless, however if flower then you should dry and cure it.won`t be great but it`ll give you a light stone.
my first crop only made it to week 3 flower, i smoked her......not bad.
:bong: ;) :bong:

Hey there Shuggy

The amount of days was into flowering. So you think it could give me something. The bud drying right now has a good smell to it. so I will continue with what im doing. Ill let you know how it taste in a week or so.

hang it in a dark dry room, once your able to snap the stem then put them in jars.
as i said,won`t be great but it will give you a stone:stoned: :aok:
let me know how it goes man, cheers.

Sorry it took so long to get back shuggy. I left them in the tin for about 8 days. Seemed to be taking way too long but Im impatient so I threw it in the oven for about 5 minutes on 100F. Smelt and tasted like crap but it gave me a light stone like you said. It was more of a body stone and I felt clear in the head. A little stoned in the eyes but not much. Any way I have 5 females left. One more month and my growing should be complete.:eek:

good luck noodles, hope the rest make some great dense buds for ya:).
peace:stoned: :ccc: :stoned:

Latest posts

Back