Putting them into flowering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alistair

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I'm putting my plants into flowering by gradually shortening their light cycle. Normally I put them to bed early by one hour each night until they get 12/12 light and dark. This time I've decided to put them to bed early, but also I want them to wake up one hour later in the morning. That's basically how it's done in nature; the days get shorter and they go to bed earlier and the nights get longer and they wake up later. Is this a good way to do it indoors?

I realize that this is pretty much a matter of common sense, but I just want to be sure.

Alistair

Alistair Young said:
Hi everybody,

I'm putting my plants into flowering by gradually shortening their light cycle. Normally I put them to bed early by one hour each night until they get 12/12 light and dark. This time I've decided to put them to bed early, but also I want them to wake up one hour later in the morning. That's basically how it's done in nature; the days get shorter and they go to bed earlier and the nights get longer and they wake up later. Is this a good way to do it indoors?

I realize that this is pretty much a matter of common sense, but I just want to be sure.

Alistair

You don't need to do this. If you were doing like nature does it, you would be changing the lighting by only several minutes every day. Just switch them to 12/12 and then leave them there. Make sure that they don't get any interruptions during the dark period.

Thanks everybody. I would have responded sooner, but the gardener cut my phone line and I've been out of service for a few days.

Latest posts

Back