question about nutes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetSoca

Reaction score
my 2-week old plants are 3.5 inches high now, with tiny leaves, and getting 400 hps of light at an 18/6 cycle.

the only problem is their stems are a little weak. i have to use toothpicks to keep the little ones from falling over. i plan on getting some fans to blow air on them and strenghten their stems, but i was wondering if i should maybe mix a little nutes with their water to see if it helps (i have the 3-pack foxfarm stuff and a plunger for exact amounts).

is this a good idea or too early? ive heard you should wait at least 3 wks before giving nutes but i'm just really worried about the weak stems on these guys, and the fact that its the only part more white than green on the plants.

i'm also wondering if their water routine is OK. i try not to give them too much, only enough to make the dirt (oceanforest) damp. however, since they've been getting the 400hps light the soil seems to dry up really fast. when i see this happen i give them a little more water just to keep them moist. is this good or am i watering too much?

edit: i forgot to ask, is 91 Fahrenheit ok for temp? i'm hoping the fans will bring it down a little, but i want to know if the plants can handle it. humidity is 16%..

appreciate any help,i might snap some pics later if that helps

^ yup and throw a fan on them indirectly and try my strech link in my sig. that will help fo' sho'!

feed 1/4 strength nutrient solution when first set of rounded leaves yellow and shrivel. then bump it up as they grow and need more.

goodluck!!

hey friend you want temps down between 75-85...no nutes yet..pick up a moister meter at Lowes/homedepot or garden shop...water plant well and let DRY out completely..the roots need it..I let mine read dry and still wait another day before feeding/water..takes between 2-3 days depends on container size...most of all read..read..read..also post some pics of these ladies we love pics...also get a fan on them and that will help strengthin up the stem ...keep it GREEN my Friend

Well everyone hit everything. Definitely get some fans on the babies. That will strengthen the stalks up and make them like little tree trunks. No nutes until at least week 4 or so. Also, read the link in TOA's signature. Great thread on supercropping. It's great stuff. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. Take care and be safe.

you can supercrop them stems to make stumps... i dont see why it matters, they are still babies, they will grow mucho, which 3 pack did you get? definitely want to get your temps down a bit as well.

Latest posts

Back