question after germinating

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

specialed

Reaction score
I germinated seeds in plugs and once they reached 2-3 inches (4-5 days i guess) i planted the plugs into full 1 gallon pots with soil. They seem to be falling over after about 2-3 days. Am i supposed to leave them in dark longer and let them grow longer roots or what?

they should be under light that isnt too hot or intense..I love florescents for this stage one inch above the plants because there is no heat damage and no stretching...are they too tall and bending over or are they drooping over?

thats what i am using. no heat at all. about 2-3 inches away. they are to tall and falling over is what it looks like. like they cant support themselves:eek:
should i be 247 lights on them now? i was but then i thought maybe that was the reason

get the light closer as close as possible without touching the bulb. they are stretching. yes I keep mine 24/7 at this stage.

i will try it. thanks
by the way i had an aquarium fluro in there at first i am going to switch to regular cool white one would that make a difference? its weird they bend at about 1 inch and just bend over until they touch the dirt

ok prop them up too..I use a plastic fork then when you replant put them in deeper up until the first water leaves...it will be fine. I use the bulbs closest to natural sunlight its called daylight I believe from walmart.

Way insufficient light! Get more lighting on them.

thanks i will try the fork in them. lol as for the lighting i went out to get some mh's today couldnt find them over 100watt so i just got home from local hardware store where else can i try?

in cali craigslist ebay has em too....mail right to you.

i will check on it. will one 1 400 mh light be good enough for 2-3 plants?

i will do that. will one 400watt mh light be good enough for 2-3 plants?

specialed said:
i will do that. will one 400watt mh light be good enough for 2-3 plants?

How big is your grow space? You want at least 3000 lumens per square foot for veg and 5000 lumens per square foot for flowering...so a 3ft by 3ft grow space wld require 27000 lumens for veg and 45000 lumens for flower...

ham woul he be better off vegging with flors and then getting an hps for flowering? or get a switchable..mine didnt work great and it is a sun system.

2Dog said:
ham woul he be better off vegging with flors and then getting an hps for flowering? or get a switchable..mine didnt work great and it is a sun system.

I like floros for seedlings...you get right down on top of them....

specialed said:
It is about 4x3 maybe 5x4 worth of area for it

4x3= 36000 lumens veg 60000 flower....do you hve a fan in the area? You shld hve a fan circulating the air so that they get stronger...you don't want it blowing right on them but just enough to move them a bit...

yehp fans is going. on fluros is that just regular fluros like in a warehouse? i have those on it now i moved them down from 3 inches to about 1. i was looking at the sun systems hps/mh light setup because i found it locally but what didnt you like about yours?

u just have to be very careful not to switch it to the wrong side..u will prob be fine lol....the switchable gives you more options mh for veg and hps for flower prob the way to go with flors for babies...

cool i am going to pick that up will keep you guys posted. I added more soil to bring it up higher so they are not bending over as much and will fork them as they grow for more stability.

Is the stem blackened at all or green?

If you have a McDonalds nearby go and buy a drink and help yourself to about 20 straws.

Put a slit down one side of the straw and pry it apart, then wrap it around the stem to support it. You can leave it there until the stem out grows it, the straw will eventually fall off.

You really don't need the drink, if you ask nicely enough.

Latest posts

Back