Question on drying a bud in microwave

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good question

If you’re still determined to microwave your Cannabis buds in a regular microwave oven on high heat, the most common advice you’ll get from “microwave proponents” on cannabis-dedicated forums or regular discussion sites is to do the following:

1. Chop or shred the buds first.
  2. Place them on a microwave-safe tray and put them inside the microwave.
  3. Microwave them in short bursts of 10-20 seconds on full power and be careful not to burn your plant materials.
  4. After each burst, open the microwave door to let some steam out and stir your buds.
In the end, what happens when you microwave weed is that although you get dried Cannabis buds ready for smoking, their THC and terpenes quality will be severely damaged.

Conclusion: Should You Microwave Weed to Decarb It?

If you want to enjoy the full aroma and THC potency of your weed, the answer is no, you should not microwave weed.

When I take a sample I want to try now I do this. Put the bud in front of a slow fan for two days then grind it and wait two more days to try it.

Less than four days like that just didn’t meet my expectations of what the final product would be like

You know I see that commercial from the 70’s in my head whenever I hear or read that…

this dude comes to mind

IMG_5995.jpeg

Latest posts

Back