Quick question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

risktaker27

midnight toker
Reaction score
what do you think would be the max amount of autos or any strain for that matter that you could grow under a 150 watt HPS light.if anyone has any experience with this type of light

thx

Whats the grow room's size, area, etc.? Rule of thumb typically is 5k lumens per sq foot...

One small plant with that light

yeah I was thinkin' one mayhaps scrogged like a biotch...but one...

Yeah most likely UNO.....for the record though how many lumens you need is determined by the size of your grow space not plant count.

Yeah my wife told me that she is nervous about me growing too much as I am growing 12 plants this go around. So I promised her that I would only grow 4 plants on the next run so that it wouldn't be as much. :)

I didn't tell her that I am growing the 4 in the same space as the 12 so the yeild will be the same when its all done :hubba:

risktaker27 said:
what do you think would be the max amount of autos or any strain for that matter that you could grow under a 150 watt HPS light.if anyone has any experience with this type of light

thx
I saw a grow with a 250watt cfl that grew 4-6 autos scrogged on youtube so 150 is about the same

thx for the input guys right now i have three auto ak 47 growing under the 150 they are doing great so far and i wanted to pop some more beans but wasent shure if the 150 was gonna be enough for more plants.i think this light puts out 1600 lum

i will just get a nother of e bay.got this one for 63 bucks cant beat that with a stick

For another 50bucks you can get you a 250w and put them at angles from each other so that you get plenty of lumens coming from different directions. I have 4 250watters, 2 in each cabinet(10sqft) and they rock some serious nugs. The more lumens you have the more, bigger, and better buds you'll get. :)

My very first grow was under 2 150w hps lights and I filled my pouch from 2 very nice plants cooked under them. Thinkin ifin yual dont need to fill a suitcase or nuthin and just need to fill yur pouch yur little lite if kept busy will keep yual topped up regular. Just do 2 at time though cause any more they start fightin fur light rather then focusin on growin nice budds. Keep it simple keep it steady yual be growin what yu need pilgrem. Hope yur trails find you travlin well.
Oh I ment one plant would be best not 2 but yual can do 2 but I recommend rotatin them regular to let all sides get some light time and again. One plant would be best but yual could push fur 2 if needed. Good luck gain friend. One more thing dont veg to long and be keepin them on the small side cause ifin yual let them get to big yur light will not be as effective and it wont be able to penetrate enough light into the body of the plant(S). OK im done now think....

BWD

I did a nice 2 plant scrog with a dual 150W in about 4 sq ft. However, I do not think that you are going to want to scrog an auto. I would not put more than 2 autos under a single 150w.

Latest posts

Back