re-intro and update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the chef

A Bong Hog!
Reaction score
hello everyone first time grower old hippie. Thanks cap and all for advice. set-up:4 n:vision daylight 27w/1400lum cfls (home depot),(blues).i will switch too reds when ready for flowering.Its a bathroom grow so ventilation is provided by a very quiet, high proformance fart fan:) .air circulation is provided by a stand up 120 volt ion generator(best buy). Using h/d mg 3 month soil & diluted mg nutes.Now the story , may make a few of you old farmers chuckle. Started germing 20 beans, 20 popped;(found a fast idiot proof way to germ, chia pet herb gardens, comes with four soil sponges, plactic caps for mini greenhuose affect for faster germ. Four mini clat pots with clay water catcher;these pots can be used for germ to first transplant or sog. Seeds popped in 24hrs or less, had strong plantable roots in 1-2 days, some with first bubble leaves either forming or present.) So here there i was with 20 1/2 inch ladies. Started with incadesant and gradually switched to cfls, so needless to say lost all butt 5(expected for newbie, its all bagseed any way as recomended). Since switching to the right lights my ladies are starting to say a big hello, lost 2 ladies to day saddened but trying something new they didnt survive transplant. I have Kayla my 7 incher who is on her 2nd set of 3 pointers wich are getting bigger by the day, Savanna who is 3 1/2 incher whos workig on her 2nd set of three pointers, both from original 20 wierd huh damn stretching, and Mother , a bagseed i think is a skunk strain 3 1/2 incher, forming her i think her first set of threes which is where i am at today. Talking to some old woodstock farmers i learned alot but im doing an inside grow some advice helps some cant use nonetheless a great bunch of people, one thing the all agree on if u can povide the light why not. So my question for the day thats been asked a 1000 times, recently foung these 1-8 volt cfl u-tube nightlights, can these be used to provide light from the bottom up and is that necessary if not what would be a goog way to put these to use. Thanks for your patience with an old guy newbie and any and all advice is appreciated. keep it pointed to the sunand thank you. -Chef Green

The underside of leaves do not need and cannot utilize light. Also, those34 lights are just not enough wattage to really do anything.

You are going to need WAY more light--what you have is good for about 1 sq ft.

Thanks for the advice goddess. i am running a total of 108 watts/5600 lumens in a 2 1/2 footwide by 5 1/2 foot tall growing space.(bathroom grow)

More light = more bud. You will get good smoke off any light, but if you can swing it and since you are putting some effort into it, why not make it some serious stuff. Look to try and get to around 25k lumens in there in flower, and you will have what you see in pictures if all goes well and you give her a little (sometimes alot) of TLC.

the chef said:
Thanks for the advice goddess. i am running a total of 108 watts/5600 lumens in a 2 1/2 footwide by 5 1/2 foot tall growing space.(bathroom grow)

Let me Brake it down to you like this....

2 times 5 is 10, Here in Seattle anyway:p Now yopu needs a minimum of 3000 lumes per square foot you need 30000 lumes...which meens you may wanna Get a Louder FART Fan:rofl: Hope this helps:bolt::bong:

is what im using good enough for veg will post pics soon

You meant 2.5'x2.5'x5' right. Dont worry about cubic ft.

3000 lumens, Veg
5000 lumens, flower
TLC/pratice

Equals big stanky bud....

IMO...No they are going to stretch BAD!! when you flowering? and are these females? I need to ge get something to eat..some others will chime in soon..Ill check back..

nouvellechef said:
You meant 2.5'x2.5'x5' right. Dont worry about cubic ft.

3000 lumens, Veg
5000 lumens, flower
TLC/pratice

Equals big stanky bud....

i think he said it was a bathroom???? and in tub which tells me 2 by 5..and he also said useing a fart fan thats in his bath..Now i really need to get something to eat...Hick..is watching me I feel it :spit:

The Chef....Ill be back:ciao:

growing in sink area 2feet wide by 5 feet tall enclosed by 3 walls painted white with foil covering main and medicine cabinet mirrors(dull side out) also have room ionzer fart fan used for some kind of ventilation. plan to switch to higher output reds for flowering, ladies are flourishing now but still in young veg stage.

oh thanks chef...now that makes more sence to me..4 square feet then? for 20000 lumes needed? and have ya a link to a grow journal..or some in here..I would love to see these thanks for shareing

okay chef...place a like in your signature..it will help drive people to your grow..Take care and be safe

thanks chef Im goona be good at it:aok:

4u2sm0ke said:
Let me Brake it down to you like this....

2 times 5 is 10, Here in Seattle anyway:p Now yopu needs a minimum of 3000 lumes per square foot you need 30000 lumes...which meens you may wanna Get a Louder FART Fan:rofl: Hope this helps:bolt::bong:

thats funny :rofl::)

Latest posts

Back