Regeneration

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marsrover1

---The Red Weed---
Reaction score
just read an artical about this.

it says u can get 2 even 3 harvests off the same plant. reason structural stems and roots are already well established. u can reharvest in 6 to 8 weeks way faster than starting another plant..
says to carfully harvest plant leaving as many fan leaves as poss, cut off 1/3 top of plant and leave a few bud sites around the lower 1/3 of the plant... says dont compleatly nitrogen starve the plant this helps bring it back.
any one ever try this?

looks like a good thing to try :holysheep:

Marsrover1 said:
just read an artical about this.

it says u can get 2 even 3 harvests off the same plant. reason structural stems and roots are already well established. u can reharvest in 6 to 8 weeks way faster than starting another plant..
says to carfully harvest plant leaving as many fan leaves as poss, cut off 1/3 top of plant and leave a few bud sites around the lower 1/3 of the plant... says dont compleatly nitrogen starve the plant this helps bring it back.
any one ever try this?

looks like a good thing to try :holysheep:
Look what the "search" feature urned up!!!... ;P
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21885&highlight=regeneration

...rgeneration is possible, but you can't expect another harvest in 6-8 weeks IMO. A few weeks to reveg'/regenerate, and then another 8-10 flowering.

Will save one of the girls and try this....call her the bride of Frankenstien Muhahahaha. ty Hick

i tried it
i was told to cut half the roots off i did and it worked so effen good i couldnt believe it
umm i revegged for 3 weeks i saw regrowth after a week and a half they have been 12/12 for 3 weeks now and growth was explosive
im told flower takes longer instead of 8 it wil take 12 weeks or so
ive read that the 2nd reveg budd is ok but the 3rd reveg is wicked (i will test that theory)
there is someone who has done a reveg 5 times and increased his harvest

Like Thor said, it works alot better if you trim the roots. It's not because the plant already has a root system you can reveg it, more of the opposite really. After 1 grow your plant is probably running out of room for the roots to grow, and no new root growth = no new plant growth, so trim that roots back and let her flourish!

I, personally, have not found this an effective or efficient way to grow. You have to sacrifice almost 1/3 of your buds. Not all plants reveg well--you will lose some of them. I didn't find the yield to be any greater. And it didn't really seem to save much time--it takes 4+ weeks to really get growing again. And (maybe it was just me), but the flowering time seemed somewhat longer.

I agree with the hemp goddess, the only time I do this is if a plant I haven't cloned turns out to be something really special when I flower it, and I want to get clones from it. It's def. not an effective way of growing more of your crop.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I, personally, have not found this an effective or efficient way to grow. You have to sacrifice almost 1/3 of your buds. Not all plants reveg well--you will lose some of them. I didn't find the yield to be any greater. And it didn't really seem to save much time--it takes 4+ weeks to really get growing again. And (maybe it was just me), but the flowering time seemed somewhat longer.

I have revegged twice now. (The same plants, I mean).

1. The bud off the second reveg didn't seem any different to the first reveg or to the original.

2. The yield was slightly more but the LSTd plants occupied so much space I could have doubled or tripled the yield using single-cola plants closer together instead.

3. Reveg is not necessarily going to work.
EG: This last time I put 5 plants into reveg. Two were already through two reveg cycles. They both flowered out in a matter of days and died. Reveg failed. So did two of the remaining three. I was left with one successful reveg, now to make clones. So in other words I nearly lost the strain and would have had to go through the hassle of ordering seed, male v female, etc etc.
DON'T rely on reveg! It may not work. You need to harvest early to make sure you can reveg the plant, so not only is the bud more likely to be immature, you also have to accept that the third left on the plant is likely to be less potent as a result of being harvested way past the 'window'.

My conclusion: Maintain at least one favoured mom in veg growth, clone as necessary, don't bother with reveg unless it is to maintain a strain for which you have no seed.

I disagree, this is my 3rd regeneration now with the same three plants.

I'm following puffin's way, it works wonders for me.

I just clipped 3 days ago and the new growth under 18/6 is really wonderful, you can see the tiny bud sites I left on stretching and ready for some strong reveg in the next 2-3 weeks!

I suppose A journal wouldn't hurt, so I prove myself wrong hey? Haha, =p.

The trick is to not destroy those wonderful limbs when you clip I guess, ;-\.

Latest posts

Back