Rosebud does Mandala seeds.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your way is more "natural" ... I make the change to 12/12 maybe to fast ( but i read everywhere that no more then 2/3 weeks is necessary to veg ) ... But i hope to have enough females to make it worth it.

bho_expertz said:
Your way is more "natural" ... I make the change to 12/12 maybe to fast ( but i read everywhere that no more then 2/3 weeks is necessary to veg ) ... But i hope to have enough females to make it worth it.

I don't really know where you have read that 2/3 weeks of veg is enough (everywhere?????)--but, that simply is not true. Regardless of when you put them into 12/12, they will not flower until they are sexually mature. You are depriving them of 12 hours of growing time and encouraging stretch by putting them into flowering too early.

RB,
Your Mandala grow looks tasty. I have grown out the Satori from seed a few times and like everyone here who has experienced the result, you will not be disappointed :D . I experienced two different phenotypes. I preferred the shorter, denser, more indica looking (very spicy, piney, large (3" x 2") hard nuggets w/ 10" main cola. The other was a taller, less dense plant w/ fluffier buds, and little pine scent. Still spicy, and very potent, same main cola, but airier in general.
Good luck, and I'm sure you will enjoy your result.

Cheers.

Hey gchristo, thanks for stopping in. I am so glad you told me your experience with Satori. If someone had shown me a leaf of this plant and asked what type it was, I would swear indica. I thought it was going to be sativa looking. was yours still the sativa up high?

You know I know nothing about seeds. So when buying seeds and they are all named Satori, we can still see different pheno's within Satori? Is that right? Is it like my kids have the same parents but they are very different? Or is that way too simplistic?
Anyone?

Virtually all seeds will have different pheno types. No, the comparision with children is not too simplistic. Although with seeds, the pollen could have been contributed by more than 1 male. I do not know how the large breeders deal with pollinating the girls for seeds.

Although I have gotten both the indica and sativa pheno types, I did not notice that the buds on the sativas were lighter or fluffier than the more indica type. It just always seemed that there was more stretch.

Here are a couple of links to my Satori grows: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?p=408899#post408899
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25704

Thank you THG, I just read both of the journals. The satori is huge leaved and tall. I couldn't believe how big your fan leaves were. Mine are very ruffly. When you have different pheno's, are they still the same up high?
Thanks again. Very nice read and pictures.

I moved these to the armoir so I can flower the three in the flower room. They look pretty happy I think.

DSCF0772.JPG

Thanks Powerplanter. Isn't amazing how you can just:watchplant: :watchplant: :watchplant: Peace to you too.

Thanks for stopping in bho.

Chef, if you were flowering only 3 ladies, and you had a 600 and a 400 watt, would you just use the 600 since it is only three girls? Or would you just blast the heck out of them with the 400 w too?
Anyone who comes across this question please feel free to tell me your thoughts. Cheffy might be cooking and toking for a while till he gets back here.:D

Thanks friends.

I would think 600w would be enough for 3 plants, but the extra 400w might be nice, if its not too hot :aok:

rose ... what i want to do in the future since i have a 600 and a 400 is to have both lamps running. The 600 watts all the 12 hours and the 400 watts just for the 6 or 8 hours in the middle. don't know if it is good but have think in that.

I agree with you Moses, 600 should be enough, but the plants are so dense (from being under 24 hour light) I think it needs the 400 to penetrate. Here is a pic with both lights on.

These are not Mandala...DSCF0773.JPG

If you can afford it, keep em both on. It will make em all the bigger

Rosebud said:
bho, I wouldn't use the 400 alone, why would you?

Not alone but not all the time ... for me for example i start the lights @ 10pm ... If i had both lamps available i would start the 600 @ 10pm and keep it running until 10am and the 400 i would start @ 1am and stopped @ 7am ... From 1am until 7am i would have 1000 watts ... Did i explain myself correctly ? Since english is not the mother language sometines when too much stoned is hard to explain myself :doh:

You do great. what is your native language?
That sounds like a lot of steps in your lighting.

I didnt realize english wasnt your primary language until you said something bho :aok:

Rosebud said:
You do great. what is your native language?
That sounds like a lot of steps in your lighting.

I'm from the country of the people that discovered OZ :hubba:
I will try ... some steps but will try.

Latest posts

Back